Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: How good is Jermaine O'neal - honest opinions  (Read 4146 times)
regal
Hall of Famer

who ya got?

Respect: +3756

« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2007, 11:12:53 am »

Quote from: "olsons3"
To the Laker Fans...  I was in favor of the trade before the season.

The system he was in last year fit him well, but the other players didn't fit, so he was being double-teamed getting off the team bus.  Now we have a new coach and a new system, that seems to operate well without him.

Now he had off season surgery, followed by a knee-on-knee collision in camp with Shawne Williams, and his leg strength and conditioning are obviously not up to what he expects.  They sat him tonight against the Hornets, which was the right move.  Last year he was able to play through the knee injury because the rigid half court offense didn't wear it down during the game.  This years style is way more up tempo and the weakness in the recovering leg is showing.

I think once he has been allowed to recover fully he will play better.  I don't think this system works to make him a scoring leader, and the triangle would be far better.  You put him on the floor with Kobe, and he's good for 25 a night.  In the Pacers current offense, he will get much less.

Defensively, when healthy, he can block shots and take charges with equal ability.  When you come in hard you can leave with either a personal foul or a Spaulding tatoo on your forehead.  With his knee still recovering he has no "hops" so he has done what he can.

yeah.  i can vouch for olsons.  he was one of maybe 2 pacer fans who thought the pacers should have just made the deal for bynum/kwame/farmar/cook

Fair enough.
Fair enough..probably the 2nd ugliest season I've ever seen from the Ravens.
Flacco kind of is a bum..Yeah I get that he isn't that good..
olsons3
Benchwarmer

Respect: 0

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2007, 06:59:58 pm »

Thanks Royalty.

I think that the Lakers are pretty happy they weren't able to make that deal then.  Looking now at the two teams, the only way I see anything happening is with a 3rd team to take Odom so the Pacers get Browne's expiring contract and something in return for Odom portion of the deal.

Perhaps Cleveland could facilitate taking Odom, for Gooden and a Sign & Trade for Varejao.

Cleveland gets a better scoring option to pair with King James.  Lakers get Oneal, who I expect will be healed up next week, since he is sitting again tonight.  Indiana ends up with Diogu, Gooden, Varejao, Murphy, Foster, and Harrison in the big positions.  We could even buyout Browne's contract right away since I don't think he would be necessary in that group.

This new system being played in Indiana is probably best played by 15 guys who are on the cusp of being superstars.  Any superstars would just mess the flow up.  Just look at the production by Dunleavey and Granger when Oneal is or isn't present.

Boom Baby!!!!
JamaicanGigal0w
Journeyman

Respect: 0

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2007, 04:09:11 pm »

Quote from: "Bball Unit"
Quote from: "JamaicanGigal0w"
How good is J.O. right now, not good enough for even Bynum and Farmar, or Bynum and Sasha, or even Bynum by himeslf.

haha now u have no idea what your talking about.

WRONG, U have absolutely no idea what UR talking about, ur just tryin to rip off the Lakers,

while Bynum has played all season and averaged a double-double, JO hasn't and when he does play he doesn't have far greater numbers then Bynum.

HE'S NOT EVEN PLAYIN RITE NOW, plus the Pacers have a better record w/ him not playin. THAT DOESN'T LOOK GOOD :!: Ur suppose to be the franchise player and the team wins more games when u don't play, that makes no sense. What?, is he just there for moral support.

Please think before u post. U want young, talented, cheap, Bynum for Injured, hasn't played a full season in like 5 years, 20mil a year J Oneal. Let's be reasonable, be glad some1 wants to take that 20mil "franchise" player who never plays off ur hands.

Wanna make easy money?....
http://www.cashcrate.com/228074
UNIT
Hall of Famer

Respect: +57

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2007, 06:29:04 pm »

Quote from: "JamaicanGigal0w"

WRONG, U have absolutely no idea what UR talking about, ur just tryin to rip off the Lakers,

all you lakers fans believe an allstar big man will come to you cheep coz ur the Lakers. so dont winge about me trying to rip u off.

while Bynum has played all season and averaged a double-double, JO hasn't and when he does play he doesn't have far greater numbers then Bynum.

Bynum averages double double, in a team with no rebounders and an up and down offence.
JO was limping around the court in his games, and pacers had to try and get him the ball and he clearly wasnt able to be effective on 1 leg.
a team loses all offencive flow, when ur trying to give the ball all the time to 1  player. it makes sense that we have been losing with him playing 27 mins.
when healthy JO will get 20/10 easy in our system.

HE'S NOT EVEN PLAYIN RITE NOW, plus the Pacers have a better record w/ him not playin. THAT DOESN'T LOOK GOOD :!: Ur suppose to be the franchise player and the team wins more games when u don't play, that makes no sense. What?, is he just there for moral support.

you cant just look at a record and judge a player or a team, u have to break it down and anaylse the reasons, which i explained in the other paragraph

Please think before u post. U want young, talented, cheap, Bynum for Injured, hasn't played a full season in like 5 years, 20mil a year J Oneal. Let's be reasonable, be glad some1 wants to take that 20mil "franchise" player who never plays off ur hands.

lol for a veretan big guy u would want a young player to replace him, and of course hes cheap, hes on his rookie contract.
twolves got aljefferson and much more for KG, bynum isnt on ALJeffersons level, and thats the only player we r asking for, lol.
i know JOs not on KGs level but when healthy he is not far from it.
bynum hasnt played 5 full seasons?, this is only bynums 3rd season, lol nice one.

bottom line is, we cuold grab crap players from anyteam in the league and give them JO, but thats not going to happen.
yet u laker fans think, ull be the lucky team to give us crap and grab  Jermaine Oneal. lol its a joke.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Jump to: