Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NYK-IND  (Read 2033 times)
zunami23
Hall of Famer

« on: November 23, 2007, 01:25:11 pm »

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2200~1013~615~1024~990~2772~509~739&teams=18~18~18~18~11~11~11~11&te=1718:11-2813&cash=

New York gets the defensive force inside they need and PG who's finally shown improvement this season. The Knicks have a hole at SF with Q playing worse than ever and Daniels would fill that.

Indiana gets 3 big contracts that expire in 2 years: Curry (it says he has 3, but the last year is a player option which he obviously won't take if he wants more money), Marbury and Rose. They get rid of Murphy's hideous 4 year contract, Tinsley's 4 year contract and swap Daniel's 2 year contract for former Pacer Fred Jones' expiring contract.
As a result they get a bunch of cap space after next season that can be used on pieces to build around Granger.

Tinsley/Robinson/Collins
Crawford//Richardson/Jeffries
Daniels/Richardson/Balkman
Randolph/Murphy/Chandler
O'Neal/Murphy/Morris

Marbury/Diener/Owens
Dunleavy/Jones/Rush
Granger/Williams/Graham
Lee/Foster/Diogu
Curry/Foster/Harrison
baaf
Starter

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2007, 02:51:39 pm »

well, i dont think both teams r ready to make such a big move.
NYK gets loaded wuth crap, i prefer marbury with his contract over tinsley's. its basicly JO for marbury + LEE + curry, do u really think NYK r ready to give up that much? not to mention they get murphy's huge contract for 4 more years so any cap space that they had in mind after getting rid of marbury is gone. as for the pacers this really depends on where they want to go, if they want to rebuild then they will take it no Q about it, but if they want to contend then they can look to build around JO and not throw him like this.
and as i look at the trade again i cant imagine NYK taking this much of total crap contracts for almost expiring 27mil  :shock:  thats 27 mil of the books.

look at tjis rebuilding plan for NYK for the 09/10 (after next year), they clean marbury + rose + fred jones + dan dickau, now they buy out jerome james + jared jeffries cuz they will have only 1-2 years left on their contracts. thats a total of  40.7 mil $ !!!!!!!! and that leaves them with 45.3 mil on cap, thats way far from the cap limit and by that they can sign any free agent they want. and if they feel that they really want to start fresh they can also buy out Q RICH and his last year contract and that means - another 10 mil so they will be with 35.3 mil cap......!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so that means 2 big time free agents !!!!!! and they will also have enough money to complete a 12 man roster or so.
if they do this trade they will be stuck with way worse contracts for another 4 years.

sig by trixx
zunami23
Hall of Famer

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2007, 03:04:46 pm »

Isiah doesn't care about cap space. They can wait until '09-'10 and be in decent shape like you said, but the boos are getting louder at every game, it's humiliating.
czaras
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2007, 07:42:28 pm »

I don't see this trade a solution for any of the teams involved. Cap space in 2 years is not as enticing as some may think. That's 2 years of sucking *** and putting everything on the "we'll get someone good after that" card.
Pacers Fan Forever
Benchwarmer

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2007, 09:33:19 pm »

The Pacers have better options for JO, the only inviting thing of the whole trade is David Lee

Pervis Ellison
a.k.a. kinghandles & thegloriousbasterd & Mr.Rings & Chandler & BRUCE XY & duncan-ginobilifan & airball & Kingdomcum
MVP

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2007, 05:05:53 am »

i dont like the part of david lee going to indiana. heres my idea...

indiana gets:

randolph, marbury

new york gets:

JO, tinsley, daniels

a spurs, knicks, greg oden fan
UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2007, 05:42:19 am »

Quote from: "kingdumcome"

indiana gets:

randolph, marbury

new york gets:

JO, tinsley, daniels

y would pacers do it?
UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2007, 05:45:17 am »

Quote from: "zunami23"
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2200~1013~615~1024~990~2772~509~739&teams=18~18~18~18~11~11~11~11&te=1718:11-2813&cash=

New York gets the defensive force inside they need and PG who's finally shown improvement this season. The Knicks have a hole at SF with Q playing worse than ever and Daniels would fill that.

Indiana gets 3 big contracts that expire in 2 years: Curry (it says he has 3, but the last year is a player option which he obviously won't take if he wants more money), Marbury and Rose. They get rid of Murphy's hideous 4 year contract, Tinsley's 4 year contract and swap Daniel's 2 year contract for former Pacer Fred Jones' expiring contract.
As a result they get a bunch of cap space after next season that can be used on pieces to build around Granger.

Tinsley/Robinson/Collins
Crawford//Richardson/Jeffries
Daniels/Richardson/Balkman
Randolph/Murphy/Chandler
O'Neal/Murphy/Morris

Marbury/Diener/Owens
Dunleavy/Jones/Rush
Granger/Williams/Graham
Lee/Foster/Diogu
Curry/Foster/Harrison

Pacers rotation would be more

Marbury - Diener
Dunleavy - Rush
Granger - Williams
Diogu - Lee
Curry - Foster - Harrison

nice rebounding duo off the bench.
but otherwises it still doesnt help r need, which is the backcourt.
and murphy is starting look good, im not ready to give him up.
Pervis Ellison
a.k.a. kinghandles & thegloriousbasterd & Mr.Rings & Chandler & BRUCE XY & duncan-ginobilifan & airball & Kingdomcum
MVP

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2007, 09:03:21 am »

Quote from: "Bball Unit"

indiana gets:

randolph, marbury

new york gets:

JO, tinsley, daniels

y would pacers do it?

they get "starbury".and hometown boy randolph. they could take a chance at marbury because of his reputation as one of the really good guards, eventhough tha is way back

a spurs, knicks, greg oden fan
Pacers Fan Forever
Benchwarmer

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2007, 11:41:05 am »

Quote from: "Bball Unit"

indiana gets:

randolph, marbury

new york gets:

JO, tinsley, daniels

y would pacers do it?

they get "starbury".and hometown boy randolph. they could take a chance at marbury because of his reputation as one of the really good guards, eventhough tha is way back

do you think we're suckers or something? nobody here really cares about zach randolph either, he didn't go to college here so who cares? pretty much like shawn kemp

EASTCOAST ASSASIN
Benchwarmer

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2007, 12:15:40 pm »

forget about that trade marbury aint going to the pacers

go to doyles because flarhety said so.
I'm on the Scola will make it to the all star game bandwagon.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: