Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Michael Beasley...  (Read 5802 times)
BC Beneke
Journeyman

Respect: 0

« on: November 23, 2007, 02:43:29 pm »

Ok, ok, ok...

First off, I'm sure everyone missed my lovely personality, and my amazing charm.  Yeah, I'm back.  I had two early finals, and family obligations...

Well, everyone knows I'm a hate filled fun loving (to rip the hell out of people I don't like) kind of guy.

Most people know I've been Jonezing for Mayo or Rose...

I got to watch Michael Beasley play some ball, and I really think that he will be the number 1 pick over all.  

30 points, and 20 boards a game.  I see him compared to this guy or that guy.  

I haven't heard any interviews with him, but watching him play he reminds me of Karl Malone without the cheap shots.  I mean if Beasley can read and write he's already 10 miles ahead of Malone (the cheapest, and maybe dumbest person I've ever heard speak in my life)  "Kawl M`lone be da betstest powe foad eva."  "I know how play Back-it baw ree-well"

So hopefully Beasley isn't a freaking moron because he's going to be the number one pick, the Wolves would be lucky to get him, and he's going to be on TV a lot, so hopefully he can complete a sentence unlike Malone.

Now I just pray Foye comes back about January 30th at full speed so he can show some improvement at the PG position for 2008-09.

Do you think he'll be the number one pick overall?

Do you think that Malone was the dirtiest player of his era?

Is Karl Malone functionally retarded?

Thanks,

BC Beneke
czaras
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2007, 07:48:29 pm »

I know one thing. Karl Malone has just been added to THE LIST (aka Whom you hate Grin). Can't say I'm worried, never liked him.

I need to see Beasley play, but if he's a Josh Smith type of a SF/PF, just with a better jump shot and more offensive repertoire...GRAB HIM NOW!
BC Beneke
Journeyman

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2007, 08:31:35 pm »

yeah, not a Malone fan.

However watching Beasley play he looked like a monster from 28 days later against school children.

He's a well defined muscled monster.  He plays kind of angry, and well, I have to admit I kind of like that.

So if we end up with a top 3 pick...  we WIN.

I also got to see some highlights of Love.  I like him more now than I did, but I still wouldn't put him in the top 10 picks just yet.  His leg work, and lack of definition is noticable, and I think his jump shot is pretty ugly yet.  

I see amazing potential in him, so again if the Heat can turn it on, and we get a decent influx of foreign ball players into the draft... Love could be a guy the Wolves get with the 15-16th pick from the Heat.

Also saw on draftnet... they have the Wolves getting a foreign PG whom I've never heard of.  I'll get the name and get your opinion on him.

Finally, as part of the initial trade for Ricky Davis the Wolves are supposed to own the Heat's 2nd round pick from Boston this year, but everywhere I have seen it's listed as the Heat's pick.

I didn't see that tossed in for Doleac and Walker.

Do you know anywhere else I can find out information that pick?

Thanks,

BC Beneke
paulnumberpee
Undrafted

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2007, 07:53:19 am »

I'm sure everyone here knows my opinion on Beasley... that said, it's about time you people came to your senses!  :wink:

He is so consistant and effcient it is just unfair.  I really believe the best case scenario would be for:

A.  The Wolves get to draft Beasley.  If they land a top 3 pick, they should explore all options to make a trade to get him if it looks like some other team will grab him first.  I really think he will be that good and will fit in well with the Wolves' plans.

B.  Miami makes the playoffs and their the pick goes to the Wolves.  With this pick the Wolves should draft a center.  There are plenty in this draft and a few of them have great upside and can contribute on the defensive end right away...

Some solid options include:  Devon Hardin, Hasheem Thabeet, Brook Lopez (although he is suspended for bad academic performance and I don't really want stupid players on this team), and perhaps Hibbert falls and they can make a play for him.

C:  They resign Ratliff and a back-up veteran point guard.

I think with this gameplan and a bit of luck the Wolves would be ready to make some noise as early as next season.

paulnumberpee
Undrafted

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2007, 10:05:58 am »

By the way, I don't think the Woves get a 2nd round pick this year, I think Detroit gets it for the Ronald Dupree trade.

BC Beneke
Journeyman

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2007, 01:45:29 pm »

that second round pick is not listed to Detroit anywhere

But on draftnet.com it has the pick belonging to the Wolves as part of the Ricky Davis deal with the Celtics which came to the Celtics through the trade to get Ricky Davis from the Heat.

Thanks,

BC Beneke
paulnumberpee
Undrafted

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2007, 03:20:13 pm »

Check it:

http://www.draftexpress.com/transactions.php#22

I'm not sure if that's accurate, but that's what it says.

BC Beneke
Journeyman

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2007, 05:03:33 pm »

Ok after reading that I'm terribly worried about the 1st round pick that the Wolves will be getting from the Heat.

If Orlando has 1st right with the the Heat with this... could they not get the 15th pick, and then the Wolves would get the 27th pick or something along those lines, since we own the rights to Miami's pick if it's not lottery protected, and Miami owns the rights to switch with Orlando if their pick is not a lottery pick.

Or is there any incentive if the Heat should get hot and get the 27th pick, and Orlando stumbles due to injuries and ends up with the 15th pick to switch picks for the Wolves to benefit at all from this deal?

It is doubtful that Kevin McHale is smart enough to have put any kind of focus on those matters at all, and I am not privy to the actual write up of the trade agreement word for word, clause for clause.

I am even trying to put my own personal bias aside.  It's just track record shows it's unlikely.

Because I like Love at the 15th spot, or Collison at the 15th spot if available.

Adding Beasley, and Love would give us an incredible front court of

Jefferson at the Center
Love and Smith at PF
Beasley, Walker, and Brewer at SF
McCants, Buckner at SG
Foye and Jaric at PG

With two other roster spots available hopefully to resign Theo, or another C, and a SG.

Plus Walker's contract would be in it's final year and would be worth something to someone else looking for cap relief!

Thanks,

BC Beneke
paulnumberpee
Undrafted

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2007, 05:41:00 pm »

Yeah, I'm not really sure how all that switching stuff works now that the Wolves own the pick.

czaras
All-Star

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2007, 06:12:28 pm »

Miami has the right to switch. Not Orlando.

So basically if Miami reaches the playoffs this year, the Wolves get their pick. Let's say it's 15-16. Orlando surely reaches the playoffs, and almost surely has better seeding than Miami, thus a worse pick. So the Wolves (who inherited both the pick and the right to switch it) have a possibility to switch their 15-16 for a 22-26 or whatever Orlando has, which they don't do.

But if by some miraculous reason Miami has better seeding in the playoffs than Orlando, then it's a no-brainer: Minny switches Miami's pick for Orlando's pick and get's a couple of spots higher.

So it's a no-lose situation, no need to worry. Even with McHale.

Actually it's GREAT that we send our 2nd rounder to Detroit. Because we have two first rounders. Usually the Wolves got one first rounder and one second rounder...and each year we had trouble trimming down to 15. So now we basically get two first rounders instead of 1st and 2nd. Thanks to this we add two players at bargain low rookie contracts which give us an opportunity to hold on to those players for minimum 4 years. 2nd rounder have this disadvantage, that if the player rpoves to be good, in two year he might demand a bigger contract then he would have with a 1st round rookie-scale deal.

Like Craig Smith and Ryan Gomes at the end of the season. I don't see Gomes accepting a deal starting at ~2,5 million. He'll likely demand a deal starting at the full mid-level. Which he is worth of course.
BC Beneke
Journeyman

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2007, 01:01:51 am »

I like Gomes and I like Craig Smith.

I also think that they need to be playing Green more, and send Brewer to the D-League for quality minutes.

I know that it's not popular, and could be somewhat embaressing at first, but he needs minutes.  He has not shown one iota of being ready to play in the NBA yet.

The other nice thing is that with the attitude, and the talent level that Walker has shown I really think that he is going to be able to be traded pretty easily after Xmas.

Thanks,

BC Beneke
BC Beneke
Journeyman

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2007, 01:04:34 am »

I also wanted to say thank you for the information on the Orlando/Miami situation.

Ok, do you think it's possible they could do a deal with the Miami pick where they package it with Jaric and Walker for Pau Gasol?

Thanks,

BC Beneke
czaras
All-Star

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2007, 04:21:20 am »

Quote from: "BC Beneke"
I also wanted to say thank you for the information on the Orlando/Miami situation.

Ok, do you think it's possible they could do a deal with the Miami pick where they package it with Jaric and Walker for Pau Gasol?

Nah, Memphis had better offers for Pau I guess...
paulnumberpee
Undrafted

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2007, 10:29:05 am »

Quote from: "BC Beneke"
Adding Beasley, and Love would give us an incredible front court of

Jefferson at the Center
Love and Smith at PF
Beasley, Walker, and Brewer at SF
McCants, Buckner at SG
Foye and Jaric at PG

While it's a very ingtriguing lineup you've created there, I don't like a couple things thing about it... defense and all those players require the ball to be effective.

Rebounding-wise that team would be great, but you have to contest shots in order for them to miss.  Only Foye out of that line-up is really able to hound the opposing player, and he's still far from a finished product.

I'd rather they add Beasley and a defensive minded rebounding center to the roster, like Devon Hardin.  He's athletic, got an NBA body (could add some bulk) and can rebound and block shots very well.

I think this would add a lot of versitility to the Wolves line-up and they could give opponents various different looks:

Hardin/Jefferson/(Theo?)
Jefferson/Beasley/Smith
Beasley/Brewer/Gomes
McCants/Brewer/Buckner
Foye/Jaric

If they add a defensive-minded veteran PG via free agency I think the Wolves would have very solid depth, nice defensive options, and would be able to develop an offensive identity.

Teams doubling Big Al too much?  Let em pay with Beasley's and McCants' sweet jumpers.

Teams would have to have a bevy of solid perimeter defenders (most teams have only a couple or less) to be able to contain Foye/McCants/Beasley.  All that pentration would make for great dumpoffs to Jefferson/Hardin/Beasley.

With all that depth, foul trouble wouldn't be that much trouble at all.  Of course, all of this is easy to say and harder to do.  But it sure is fun to talk about.

Dice Dice Baby!!
MVP

Twitter: @WholeEffeinShow

Respect: +723

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2010, 09:32:44 am »

bump

RIP Madawg
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Jump to: