Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What the hell is wrong with those second half meltdowns?  (Read 1431 times)
czaras
All-Star

Respect: 0

« on: November 25, 2007, 04:23:41 am »

By halftime yesterday I was 99% sure they will get their second win.

Err...what?

A young inexperienced Wolves team has gotten beaten by a young unexperienced Hawks team, which was as far as 21 down in the 2nd quarter. Oh, ffs! -_-

This is starting to get ridiculous.
paulnumberpee
Undrafted

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2007, 10:04:17 am »

It totally has to do with team chemistry, experience, and mental toughness.

Atlanta may have a young team as well, but they've been together for far longer than the Wolves have.  They know their gameplan, they know how to adjust, and most impotantly, they understand their roles on the team.

The Wolves are still figureing that out.  And I have to say, I think it'll be a while before they can break out of that funk.  Why?  I think it's because once you start colapsing late in games, it gets into your head, and you start worrying about it.  That's the mental toughness part.

Lastly, the Wolves lack scoring options.  They've got Big Al.  They've got McCants.  Not much more.  Walker gives them a nice boost but is not someone who is in the future plan for the Wolves.  So, as the Wolves develop and add more talent via the draft, trades and free agency,  I would expect them to get better at all these things.  But it takes time.  I wouldn't be surprised if the Wolves struggle to win 20 games this year.

czaras
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2007, 01:16:13 pm »

Ok, they have finally managed to keep it together for a whole game. And they've beaten a playoff contender. Nice.

Jaric and Telfair played exceptionally well. Especially Bassy Telfair - 20 pts and 8 assists! That's what we need out of him.

Only bad thing I have to say...Mark Madsen again? Doleac should play all of his 16 minutes. Doesn't Wittman see Big Al is not suited to play center as much as he is to play PF? Put Doleac in there, he's a banger, has better size than Madsen and can hit a shot here and there for christ sake. Mad Dog would miss a wide open dunk.
paulnumberpee
Undrafted

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2007, 03:14:49 pm »

No kidding.  I wish someone paid me 3 millions dollars a year to be a spaz.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: