Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Free Agents of 2008  (Read 1287 times)
paulnumberpee
Undrafted

Respect: 0

« on: November 28, 2007, 12:13:00 pm »

Everyone knows that there are a glut of nice free agents next year.
Most of them will probably be staying with their own teams due to no one having any cap space.

Where does that leave the Wolves?

There's one free agent everyone is probably forgeting about that might fill a need for the Wolves...

Patrick O'Bryant

I know, I know, what the hell am I thinking?  Well the Wolves could probably get him for cheap, offer him more minutes, he's from Minnesota so he might even WANT to come.

Plus he's got great size, excellent athletisim, and he's a good rebounder and shot blocker.  He's only 22 and might still develop into something yet.

I know it's not a huge aquisition but he might be a nice piece to the Wolves' puzzle that they can actually afford.

czaras
All-Star

Respect: 0

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2007, 12:32:16 pm »

For all bad McHale brings he actually has a knack for tutoring young bigs. KG, Big Al, the late Eddie Griffin...all of those guys improved thanks to McHale. Can he get something out of Patrick O'Bryant? Maaaaybe.

I think he would be a nice pickup. He's not yet a bust, because it's not surprising a 7 footer has a hard time fitting with the crazy runnin' and gunnin' Warriors. Biedrins is an exception, but his minutes are also limited because he isn't as fast as needed.

So yeah, I'm all for trying O'Bryant out. Nice find.
t-mac357
Hall of Famer

Respect: +227

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2007, 02:58:07 am »

even if the wolves could offer a max contract, i can't think of a free agent that would want to go rebuild there

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: