Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pistons Trade Nazr To Charlotte For Brezec And Herrmann  (Read 6853 times)
t-mac357
Hall of Famer

Respect: +227

« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2007, 02:11:19 am »

easy win for both teams, nazr can help the bobcats man up a little in the post

as for detroit, they get at least one player who can probably contribute in herrmann, on the contrary i think brezec will get as much time as milicic did in his detroit stay

RyanThePorchKid
Starter

Respect: +1

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2007, 03:04:36 am »

im not too sure on this move. on 1 hand, mohammed is merely an average player but the pistons lack size and depth underneath. they did get brezec in return but i dont see him changing much

Happiness1982
MVP

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2007, 06:42:53 am »

Pistons win this imho. Cats might regret taking on his ML salary.

"Quality Posts"

www.94by50.org

The well-run Hoopshype alternative
Pervis Ellison
a.k.a. kinghandles & thegloriousbasterd & Mr.Rings & Chandler & BRUCE XY & duncan-ginobilifan & airball & Kingdomcum
MVP

Respect: +2

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2007, 08:20:49 am »

pistons got younger, good job

a spurs, knicks, greg oden fan
eB_sKy
Benchwarmer

meh

Respect: +59

« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2007, 10:06:09 am »

maybe the bobcats will sign Boykins now that they have a free spot
zunami23
Hall of Famer

Respect: +1312

« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2007, 10:11:38 am »

Quote from: "eB_sKy"
maybe the bobcats will sign Boykins now that they have a free spot
Oh man, I hope so. Good point.
MoGrady
Hall of Famer

Air Canada Carter

Respect: +1031

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2007, 11:39:53 am »

I defanitley see the Bobcats getting Boykins. What took them so long is my question. They needed a backup PG and Boykins will be great.

Thank you Turbozone, BBYao for the sigs.
spanishraptor
Benchwarmer

Respect: 0

« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2007, 12:43:57 pm »

Good deal both for Charlotte and Detroit. Charlotte gets what he needs a rebounder and a defender at the center and Detroit has Hermann who can develop into their 6th man for sure. Just wait and see.

Happiness1982
MVP

« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2007, 01:53:59 pm »

Actually they both expire next year so I'm not certain they got Hermann to be their sixth man over dumping him in June.

"Quality Posts"

www.94by50.org

The well-run Hoopshype alternative
legenderypete
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2007, 02:28:42 pm »

Quote from: "VC15"
Herman's game resembles Delfino's game and Delfino didn't play much for them. Good move for the Pistons, they got rid of Nazr's awful contract. They'll probably cut Brezec and sign C-Webb.

I disagree with that delfino drives to the basket more and is a passer, Hermann is a much better player who is a great shooter and is a decent defender
MoGrady
Hall of Famer

Air Canada Carter

Respect: +1031

« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2007, 03:05:05 pm »

Quote from: "legenderypete"
Herman's game resembles Delfino's game and Delfino didn't play much for them. Good move for the Pistons, they got rid of Nazr's awful contract. They'll probably cut Brezec and sign C-Webb.

I disagree with that delfino drives to the basket more and is a passer, Hermann is a much better player who is a great shooter and is a decent defender

Pete, you think Hermann is better than Delfino?!. Its a tough one to me. Delfino can do the same things Hermann can.

Thank you Turbozone, BBYao for the sigs.
bayball
Starter

« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2007, 04:08:59 pm »

Charlotte at the beginning of last summer had basically unlimited cap room and here is what they have done.

Overpaid Gerald Wallace, a swingman who cannot shoot and is best offensively when there is a star to take attention away from him. He relies on others for alley oops and dunks. He is a very good defender, they just overpaid.

Traded for J-Rich, an exciting player and good for team chemistry but someone who is way way overpaid, and was replaced in GS by someone basically making minimum NBA wage. He shoots a bad percentage, cannot shoot fts and turns it over too much. He does not play defense at all.

Trade away the small, expiring contracts of Brezec and Hermann (who showed himself to be a very capable player when he got the minutes last year...puttin up better than J-Rich numbers) for a long term contract of a useless big man.

Traded away Brandon Wright, a super talented young big who could develop down the road into a special player.

Essentially, they are throwing away much of their salary cap flexibility. Their acquisitions say "lets morgage much of the future and win now", but the problem is they don't win. They had enough cap room to let their young players and good pieces improve (Hermann, Felton, Okafor, May, etc.) and then sign a superstar during free agency in the years ahead. IMO very poor management.

Ballfreakā„¢
a.k.a. Junkyard Dog
MVP

Toronto, Ontario.

Respect: +63

« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2007, 12:31:06 am »

i like this trade for the Pistons but for the Bobcats not so much;

Pistons: Get two veteran players out of Primoz and Walter who want to win it all. The players will add denth to the bench for the pistons but i dont see them getting so much PT

Bobcats: Just get a strugling Nazr Mohamed but he could help them with his rebound and Vertern play; Mohamed had a great game the other night i seem to forgot his number's but they where pretty damn good.

Click Here for My GM Game Roster!

Payton-Kemp, #SeattleSuperSonics
t-mac357
Hall of Famer

Respect: +227

« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2007, 03:38:41 am »

nazr was good for charlotte because even if  he's struggling he can hold down the paint, the only other charlotte player that could do so is okafor, and against good teams or western conference teams he struggled by himself, nazr helps out alot

manu/chapu
Benchwarmer

« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2007, 09:16:03 pm »

Quote from: "mohammad_baller_tmac"
Quote from: "legenderypete"

Pete, you think Hermann is better than Delfino?!. Its a tough one to me. Delfino can do the same things Hermann can.

I think that they arent so similar. And talking about who is better it depende on what. Hermann is a much better scorer considering penetrating and jumpers.On the other hand delfino is better at passing. In the defensive side ill go with delfino but none of them are very strong in that point.The fact is that hermann can scores 20ppg + if he can shoot a decent numbre of balls per game but i cant see delfino doing it.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Jump to: