Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 2006 draft  (Read 3819 times)
wolvesfan41
Journeyman

Respect: 0

« on: December 15, 2007, 10:25:17 pm »

I know it's only been a year but do you guys believe that the Wolves should have selected Rudy Gay over Randy Foye in last years draft and maybe have taken Acie Law or Javaris Crittenden this year?

I like a line up of Crittenden and Gay better than Foye and Brewer.

Pacers Fan Forever
Benchwarmer

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2007, 10:50:05 pm »

gay over foye probably, although the jury's still out for foye
critteton over brewer? are you nuts?

t-mac357
Hall of Famer

Respect: +227

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2007, 03:06:43 am »

didn't they have their hands on roy, he's better than both foye and gay at this point

czaras
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2007, 07:19:50 am »

I like Foye, I really do. That said, they should've held their hands on Roy as a true SG which would allow Mike James to play his game for 30+ minutes per game. With a lineup of James/Roy/Davis/KG/Blount and all of their roles defined, we would've...I'm going to stop here.

Foye is damn good, but adding another "combo guard" was a mistake when we already had McCants, Troy "SPG" Hudson and a 6'7" PG in Marko Jaric. We needed a true SG, and we switched him for someone we had a plenty.

As for this year's draft; nobody expected Foye's injury, so taking Acie Law was not in ther mind. I think choosing Brewer was a good move. Yi would be nicer, but he was off the chart already.
wolvesfan41
Journeyman

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2007, 08:14:24 am »

Brewer is very overrated in my opinion.  He can't score (one of the ugliest looking shots I have seen in a long time), he can't dribble, he can't defend (which was supposed to be his strong point) and he can't pass.  The only thing that he has been able to do is rebound and that has been a nice surprise.  I know he's only a rookie but I don't see him being a very good player at all.

czaras
All-Star

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2007, 08:18:00 am »

He CAN defend. Did you see Durant's stat line two nights ago?

And he will develop into an even better defender.
wolvesfan41
Journeyman

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2007, 11:54:11 am »

So he shut down another rookie (albeit Durant) and he is a good defender?  He'll basically be another Trenton Hassell and nothing more.

Pacers Fan Forever
Benchwarmer

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2007, 02:00:12 pm »

Quote from: "wolvesfan41"
So he shut down another rookie (albeit Durant) and he is a good defender?  He'll basically be another Trenton Hassell and nothing more.

you my friend, are incredibly blinded

czaras
All-Star

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2007, 03:48:15 pm »

Quote from: "wolvesfan41"

I look at it this way; he shot down the best rookie, while being a rookie. He may be able to shut down the ebst veteran, while he'll be a veteran. Smiley I see him as a great defender.

And if he becomes "another Trenton Hassell" as you say...lol, is that bad in terms of defence? Hassell shut down Anthony in the playoffs.

But he'll be better. He has better size, better athleticism, is more versatile and he's already close to Hassell's defensive skill at the beggining of his career. In two years he'll be a lockdown defender.
wolvesfan41
Journeyman

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2007, 04:48:46 pm »

Well that would be great if he does.  I don't see it happening but that could be a really nice piece to a team with Jefferson, Foye, Smith and Beasely.

czaras
All-Star

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2007, 05:17:33 pm »

All we know now is that he grasped the defensive and offensive schemes and doesn't look totally like a deer in the headlights out there.

Gerald Green is in his third year and still has trouble with that.
Scola is da man
Undrafted

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2007, 05:35:10 am »

Hassell and Brewer are very diffent players.

Scola for MVP.
t-mac357
Hall of Famer

Respect: +227

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2007, 02:58:00 am »

the disappointing thing about drafting brewer is that he doesn't make them a better team, or more importantly, he doesn't take them to another level, he's better suited for a playoff team, not someone rebuilding, he's a 8th or 9th man at best

czaras
All-Star

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2007, 07:02:06 am »

Yep, whom they needed was not a defensive glue-guy like Brewer, but more of a scorer. We get the all-around game from Gomes, and can play good defense as a team.

But with the emergence of Chris Richard I wouldn't take neither Noah or Hawes with the pick.

Al Thornton anyone?
paulnumberpee
Undrafted

« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2007, 08:00:16 am »

I disagree.  Brewer was the only pick at 7.  He is projected to turn out like Tayshaun Prince... if he does, he will be exactly what the Wolves need...

a defensive stallwart with a nasty slashing game.

Anything beyond the top 3 was a choice between Brewer and Yi, and Brewer was our only choice.

The scroing talent will come, whether it is developed, traded for, drafted, or signed remains to be seen.  

You guys know this team is rebuilding, but sometimes it seems like you want them to be playoff bound overnight.  Its going to be a long process and unless we get a franchise player in the draft, expect them to be lottery bound for the next few years.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Jump to: