Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Telfair  (Read 1426 times)
paulnumberpee
Undrafted

Respect: 0

« on: December 13, 2007, 12:51:43 pm »

I haven't gotten to see the Wolves play very much because I live out East.

So my question to you local fans is... what is your take on Telfair?

What are the things about him you like or don't like?

He's only 22, does he show enough promise to be considered part of the Wolves' future?

czaras
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2007, 01:31:23 pm »

I think he should. He has proven he matured and understands he has to play to his strengths to be a good PG in this league.

He got so many kicks to his butt, he's long forgotten about his "star for sure" projection. Now he knows he has to be good to be even considered a keeper on a NBA roster. And he's really trying, playing like a true playmaker, making good decisions and playing good defense.

I think playing alongside Jaric really gives him the freedom he needs, because all of the playmaking is not on his shoulders. When Foye returns Bassy should still stay in the starting lineup. He and Foye would benefit from playing together big time, and I still consider Jaric expendable despite his stellar play as of late. Trade Marko while you still can.
funkatron101
Undrafted

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2007, 01:39:02 pm »

Quote from: "czaras"
I think he should. He has proven he matured and understands he has to play to his strengths to be a good PG in this league.

He got so many kicks to his butt, he's long forgotten about his "star for sure" projection. Now he knows he has to be good to be even considered a keeper on a NBA roster. And he's really trying, playing like a true playmaker, making good decisions and playing good defense.

I think playing alongside Jaric really gives him the freedom he needs, because all of the playmaking is not on his shoulders. When Foye returns Bassy should still stay in the starting lineup. He and Foye would benefit from playing together big time, and I still consider Jaric expendable despite his stellar play as of late. Trade Marko while you still can.

Agreed.

Lately Telfair has been doing what I was hoping he would. Telfair is fast, and has been splitting defenders in the paint pretty well. Making smarter passes, and turning the ball over less. Start Telfair, make Foye the back up, and try to get someone to take Jaric.

It appears that Telfair is finally "getting it." I was ready to dismiss him completely when we acquired him, but I think his troubled past is behind him and he can be a solid pg for the Wolves.
t-mac357
Hall of Famer

Respect: +227

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2007, 12:56:10 am »

telfair has always had the tools to be a great player, he just needed discipline and a good system

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: