Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ben Wa Wa Wallace  (Read 3570 times)
bulls12345678
Benchwarmer

Respect: 0

« on: August 23, 2006, 08:22:30 pm »

Was Big Ben a good fit for the Bulls considering Chandler and Ben have the mantality on defense?

3sixD
Benchwarmer

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2006, 11:48:43 pm »

Do we have to have this thread every 2 weeks?

Boring...................post something new plz~

todaloop
Starter

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2006, 08:09:43 am »

Quote from: "bulls12345678"
Was Big Ben a good fit for the Bulls considering Chandler and Ben have the mantality on defense?

Mentality may be be the same, but difference in ability and application changes the results.

This bus goes beep, beep
LKdude
Hall of Famer

Respect: +150

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2006, 08:14:59 am »

Actually, Tyson Chandler was probably a better offensive player than defensive.  No disrespect to Chandler but Ben Wallace is much better defensively than Tyson Chandler.   So this makes a difference.
BlueDemon
Benchwarmer

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2006, 06:20:38 am »

Quote from: "LKdude"
Actually, Tyson Chandler was probably a better offensive player than defensive.  No disrespect to Chandler but Ben Wallace is much better defensively than Tyson Chandler.   So this makes a difference.

You must have been watching different Bulls games than I did last year - and I saw just about all of 'em.  Tyson has no outside game and no post game WHAT-SO-EVER.  When he can actually catch the ball with his baby-sized hands on the break he can dunk it but that's about it.  Tyson's only purpose was to block shots and rebound and when he couldn't stay on the court for more than 15 mins due to foul trouble, he couldn't even do that.

Wallace will be a vast improvement over Tyson in every area.
ChrisBosh
Benchwarmer

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2006, 03:44:46 pm »

they should of had chandler.

ben wallace does not deserve 16 million.
wait, i think they over paied chandler too, 10 million.

they should of gotten another center and wait for next year, when all-stars are on the market.

kobeshowtime24, trickdaddy, Court_visioN, CR, kwolf.
BlueDemon
Benchwarmer

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2006, 02:24:01 pm »

Quote from: "ChrisBosh"

they should of gotten another center and wait for next year, when all-stars are on the market.

Kinda tired of waiting for "next year" myself but thanks for stopping by.
t-mac357
Hall of Famer

Respect: +227

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2006, 01:57:28 am »

too late, they got ben, next year is what they needed to wait for though, a star

NickJG
Journeyman

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2006, 10:39:02 pm »

Quote from: "ChrisBosh"

Who would they pick up next year.....the 07 FA market is getting weaker by the day, bosh, melo, wade, lebron, and pierce got new deals already, and there is a good chance billups and vince carter will get new deals before the season over, that doesn't leave many "allstars"
t-mac357
Hall of Famer

Respect: +227

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2006, 10:55:50 pm »

i wouldn't give up until the deals are signed, your right about it getting weaker though

legenderypete
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2006, 09:03:06 am »

I think Chandler would of been betetr than wallace because wallace last season showed alot of sign of wearin down, and his reboundin,blockin and steals have dropped since the championship season.
Chandler still has alot of time to improve things so it not that great a signing.

todaloop
Starter

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2006, 10:35:53 am »

Quote from: legenderypete
I think Chandler would of been betetr than wallace because wallace last season showed alot of sign of wearin down, and his reboundin,blockin and steals have dropped since the championship season.
Chandler still has alot of time to improve things so it not that great a signing.
quote]

You must not have seen too many Bulls games last year.   All Chandler had going for him was energy and his height, and he didn't always give the same energy because he was always in foul trouble.  

After five years of nothing but promise of a complete game, he only had blocking and rebounding skills going on.  He can't give more minutes than Ben because of his stupid fouls.  He can't catch the ball, can't dribble, can't pass and except for dunks, he has no shot.

It's best for Chicago that he takes that promise on to New Orleans.

Even with diminished skills, Ben brings twice as much to the Bulls.

This bus goes beep, beep
NickJG
Journeyman

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2006, 11:21:14 am »

Even with diminished skills, Ben brings twice as much to the Bulls.[/quote]

I Agree 100%
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: