Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trade Dunleavy, Sign Bonzi?  (Read 5870 times)
turk
Star

Respect: 0

« on: August 25, 2006, 12:10:52 pm »

How about this crazy idea? What if the Warriors were to trade Mile Dunleavy to the Clippers for their #1 pick next year (the Clips might do it since it won't be a lottery)? Then after unloading Dunleavy and his big salary (assuming the Clips can afford it), sign Bonzi Wells? If they have to maybe they can do a three-way trade so that the Clips could move Magloire who it appears they want to move. I'm not saying that the Warriors should do this, I just wonder what some of you think. If doable, would this make the Warriors better seeing that they lost out on Harrington? What is you opinion on this? Sort of an interesting thought.

--turk--
Rashidi
Starter

Respect: +2

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2006, 02:22:31 am »

He's too similar to Pietrus

turk
Star

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2006, 06:54:19 am »

Quote from: "Rashidi"
He's too similar to Pietrus

Yeah, but Pietrus is really a 2. Bonzi is a legitimate 3. Don't you think he'd be an ugrade from Dunleavy? Someone had pointed out how Pietrus  struggled when he played 3 last year. He doesn't have the strength that Bonzi does unless he's bulked up this year.

--turk--
t-mac357
Hall of Famer

Respect: +227

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2006, 03:08:32 am »

bad idea, they have a good sg, richardson

turk
Star

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2006, 08:23:47 am »

Quote from: "t-mac357"
bad idea, they have a good sg, richardson

It may be a bad idea but not because of Richardson. Bonzi would play 3.
Previous post:
Quote from: turk
Yeah, but Pietrus is really a 2. Bonzi is a legitimate 3. Don't you think he'd be an ugrade from Dunleavy? Someone had pointed out how Pietrus struggled when he played 3 last year. He doesn't have the strength that Bonzi does unless he's bulked up this year

Not talking about playing him at 2 although he could backup Richardson but I don't think he's a 2. Does not have the ballhandling skills for that position in my opinion.

--turk--
t-mac357
Hall of Famer

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2006, 02:12:46 am »

ppl are too hard on md jr. they don't need to get rid of him, give him some time, bonzi would be an extra help, and would give them some strength

turk
Star

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2006, 10:21:12 am »

ppl are too hard on md jr. they don't need to get rid of him, give him some time, bonzi would be an extra help, and would give them some strength

I like Dunleavy and I think he has a lot of potential but I agree the fans were really all over him last year and I think it might be better for him and for the Warriors if he got moved. I think that Bonzi would be a good replacement and if they got a number one pick, it might be a smart move for the Warriors. I don't think they are going to be able to upgrade too easily with their overabundance of big men and limited talent available.

--turk--
Halfdan The Black
Journeyman

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2006, 09:56:25 pm »

Good luck with the L.A. Clipper connection, because that is your only realistic hope of dumping Dunleavey.  The day GS resigned him was the day I knew the Warriors were screwed.
turk
Star

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2006, 11:11:57 am »

Quote from: "Halfdan The Black"
Good luck with the L.A. Clipper connection, because that is your only realistic hope of dumping Dunleavey.  The day GS resigned him was the day I knew the Warriors were screwed.

Why not do it then? The Clippers have enough cap room to take on Dunleavy and would only be risking a #1 pick. Picking up Bonzi probably would put the Warriors only slightly more over the cap but it would at least satisfy all the Dunleavy haters. If they chose not sign Bonzi, they would have an extra #1 for next year which they could use if they decide to rebuld (which I don't approve of) or they could bundle in a trade should they be able to maek a deal later. I think Nelson is going to probably want to keep Dunleavy but we'll see. If they do want to move him, that's the move I think they should consider at this point because as you say, the Clippers are the only ones who would be likely willing to do it.

--turk--
t-mac357
Hall of Famer

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2006, 10:16:34 pm »

lol, is he really that bad, lol

turk
Star

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2006, 05:12:40 am »

No, he's not. I predict he'll average at least 15 points per game under Nelson this season. He's a Nelson type of guy, big, white and versatile (can play 4 different positions).

--turk--
t-mac357
Hall of Famer

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2006, 03:11:30 pm »

Quote from: "turk"

No, he's not. I predict he'll average at least 15 points per game under Nelson this season. He's a Nelson type of guy, big, white and versatile (can play 4 different positions).

funny but true, he could even have a career year, don't count him out he's decent

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: