Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Free Throw disparity  (Read 1852 times)
sportsnut
Starter

Respect: +8

« on: January 07, 2008, 06:19:42 pm »

is there someplace where we can find stats on how many ft's we shot compared to our opponents.

we're a terrible defensive team and other teams constantly are getting to the line against us.  it seems like they're shooting twice as many ft's as us which usually is the deciding factor in most games.
UNIT
Hall of Famer

Respect: +57

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 08:22:33 pm »

pacers 24.1
opposing team 31.7

we have the highest against us
olsons3
Benchwarmer

Respect: 0

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 12:01:55 am »

Quote from: "sportsnut"
is there someplace where we can find stats on how many ft's we shot compared to our opponents.

we're a terrible defensive team and other teams constantly are getting to the line against us.  it seems like they're shooting twice as many ft's as us which usually is the deciding factor in most games.

With the Pacers, it has become a pick your poison kind of deal.  Oneal and Granger are the only two players we have that excel on both offense and defense.

Tinsley is a good offensive weapon, but defensively he puts pressure on Oneal to defend the paint all night, or Granger to leave his man to cover.  Owens is a far better defender but our point production goes down.

Foster is a far better defender and glass cleaner than Murphy but provides little offense.

One thing about having Owens in the lineup, you suddenly realize how horrible Dunleavey is at defending.

Daniels off the bench has been like a matador lately, which is a slight improvement over Tinsley's impression of an orange cone on the highway.

Rush has been a surprising defender this year, playing very hard at keeping people in front of him.

I think it would be interesting to start, for one night:
Owens - Rush - Granger - Oneal - Foster

The coach has chosen "points for" as a priority over "points against".  He chose his poison.

Boom Baby!!!!
UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2008, 01:01:12 am »

i think starting foster works better, becoz we appeared more solid inside.
something about the experience between oneal/foster which i like more than murphy/oneal.

when tinsley gets back, i dont mind owens being backup, his defence is pritty impressive, pitty he really cant shoot.
sportsnut
Starter

Respect: +8

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2008, 03:55:37 pm »

i would like to see them take murphy out of the starting line up.  he's a terrible defender, and isn't exactly making up for it by lighting it up on the offensive end.  

foster should be starting because he gives them a better inside defender and rebounder.  not to mention the hustle plays.  for those who say they like his energy off the bench, whats the point of him making these plays only to get another shot for owens, daniels, harrison, rush.  when he could be doing this to set up dunleavy, o'neal, granger.  

why isn't ike getting more time?  is he still hurt, or just fell out of the rotation.
UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2008, 04:35:43 pm »

funny thing is the best front court duo is murphy/foster... its something like +57.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: