Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wolves fans, you need to read Souhan's article  (Read 1623 times)
BC Beneke
Journeyman

Respect: 0

« on: January 07, 2008, 08:44:02 pm »

Jim Souhan a columnist for the Startribune launched into the Timberwolves in the paper, and it was one of the most beautiful articles I've ever read in my life.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/wolves/13490521.html

His frustration is a breath of fresh air.

I'm so tired of Sid Harmann and Shooter kissing up  to the Pohlads, the Wilf, and the Taylors of the world...  

To see McHale and Wittman in this... as a Wolves fan it was almost as amazing as watching a Kevin Garnett triple double with a 21 on his chest!

Thanks,

BC Beneke
czaras
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 10:19:14 am »

Britt Robson also has great insight. I think exactly as he does regarding the T-Wolves.

His blog:
http://www.rakemag.com/blogs/ball
BC Beneke
Journeyman

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 02:09:02 pm »

This team is just bad.

I do have some serious ideas that are going to look and sound crazy, but in the game tonight...

Chris Richard needs to come in and foul Wade HARD... I mean knock his *** on the floor so he thinks twice about getting up.  The next time he comes in then Madsen needs to hit him hard, or Ricky Davis.

The Wolves have no manhood... they have no balls at all.  This team has youth, and it has energy, but Wittman has already lost this team.

The young players need to start playing tough.  Brewer on Wade...  Gomes on Rickey Davis.  Jefferson at the Power Forward, Richard (should be Gray from Chicago, or Marc Gasol from the Lakers) at Center... Telfair and McCants at the guards.

You know that McCants can't hit anyone hard or he'll get tossed because of his rep from college.  Telfair, same thing from 4 years... but if Richard hits someone and lets them know they are on his planet maybe just maybe we can start to establish an inside game again which would free up McCants.

You were right, I loved that article.  Souhan's was better though.

You can't bring in 5 losers on a team with 10 losers, and expect the Bad News Bears to happen... other than I expect they could get women to play better than them (not meant sexist), and I'm surprised the Coach isn't downing whiskey from the sidelines.

When the doctor put Wittman under for his back surgery I wonder if he thought should I wake this putz up, or let him drift off to the Ronald Reagan wing of HELL!

I was duped for about 3 weeks thinking Wittman had something.  

I give him 3 weeks with FOYE.. if this team does not look remarkably better, and like they are a team after 3 weeks of Foye... Wittman needs to do the honorable thing and commit hari kari.  Just make sure that he youtubes it because I'd like to put it on my website.

I love the Timberwolves... I have since day one...  I was at 10 games at the Metrodome, the last game of the season when we beat the Larry Johnson (rookie season) lead Hornets, and we had almost 100 points at half time!  seriously, look it up.  I was young enough to think that the Wolves were turning a corner.

I was there for Garnett's first home game, Marbury's 1st home game... the 1st time at the dome when we beat the Celtics, and McDildo... I was sitting in the nose bleed seats the game we beat Michael Jordan and the Bulls...  I still remember Gerald Glass falling down 12 ft from MJ, Jordan's shot hit the side of the backboard... I mean it was the worst shot of Jordan's career and he was wide open, and they called a foul on Gerald Green who was on the ground on the other side of the free throw line...

I was to game 4 against the Supersonics in the playoffs where our PG who had been hurt all year came off the bench as a 3 guard rotation...  I was there for Stoyko Vrankovic's 8-9 blocked shot performance...

Hell I even saw Ndi Ebi play 38 seconds once.  Shane Heal... yep I was there for that too.

NO FREAK WAY will I go back to the wolves until McHale is fired, Wittman is fired, and the entire coaching staff is replaced... most of if not the entire infrastructure of the Wolves is replaced in the front office...  

McHale says he takes the blame... yet no one is pressuring him to resign, or no hint of him being fired?  

What kind of pictures, or video tape does this man have on Glen Taylor?

little boys, necrophilia?, farm animals?  child sacrifice?  Devil worship?  does Taylor and McHale have a heated love affair?

I mean my GOD... the only thing that I have seen in the last 10 years in the entire world that is more pathetic than Kevin McHale... is when George Bush hired Kenneth Lay of Enron to figure out why we had an Energy Crisis... when Kenneth Lay was found to be the freaking problem... his company killed people, ruined lives, made people miserable, stole billions, cheated billions, swinddled billions, and no those are all different billions, not the same ones... I mean tens of billions of dollars.

He died, and is probably in Hell right next to Ronald Reagan and Slovadon Milosovich (sorry for the spelling)... and his number 2 guy Jeffery Skillings is in a prison here in Minnesota... I wonder if he's on the Timberwolves Board of Directors?

The only thing worse than McHale is the debacle in the whitehouse.

Even Isaiah Thomas is starting to look at McHale and think, "wow... I might not be the dumbest SOB on the planet... I might not be the worst GM in the NBA... I better go hit me a woman or at least call her a...  so I can get my street cred as the dumbest *** in the NBA since Shawn Kemp!"

sorry I don't mean to go off like this, I've tried to be good, but McHale is so inept he could play russian roulette with a fully loaded automatic weapon, and somehow screw it up.

He'd somehow still live.

UGH!

Thanks,

BC Beneke
Dice Dice Baby!!
MVP

Twitter: @WholeEffeinShow

Respect: +723

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2008, 02:21:23 am »

Jim Souhan is a gigantic douche. He knows nothing about basketball ethics, strategies, or day-to-day operations.

You are 100% correct on the fact someone needs to do something from the center position physically. Chris Richard knocking down Dwyane Wade is going to do something to effect Wade's game? He's been hit harder by better people, I'm sure.

RIP Madawg
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: