Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Detroit - No Longer A Top Tier Team  (Read 6545 times)
Lauderfale
Journeyman

Respect: 0

« on: January 21, 2008, 08:46:39 pm »

Anyone see Rashard Lewis just beat the Pistons at the buzzer?  How much has Detroit lost recently?  It's official: they are no longer an upper echelon team.

Discussion begins here, don't move the topic to the piston or magic board either, thanks.

bladefd
Benchwarmer

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 08:50:18 pm »

What? Not an upper echelon team?Huh One lose and they are not an upper echelon team? What???
Celtics lost to Washington twice in a row(only 2 games they both will play each other in the entire reg. season). Does that put Celtics below being upper echelon team? :roll:
Josh
MVP

everything is just a headache

Respect: +1556

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 08:52:36 pm »

Hi, two years ago is on the line, they want their headline back.

If anything, this piston team is more of an upper echelon team than any other post Larry Brown team, because they've got a bench.
willsev
Journeyman

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 08:54:33 pm »

Quote from: "Lauderfale"
Anyone see Rashard Lewis just beat the Pistons at the buzzer?  How much has Detroit lost recently?  It's official: they are no longer an upper echelon team.

Discussion begins here, don't move the topic to the piston or magic board either, thanks.

Yeah I saw it, doesn't say much though. Every team loses games and yes, Detroit has lost 3 in a row but no team is perfect.

It was a good shot by Rashard Lewis but the Chauncey Billups shot from 34 feet or so was even crazier.

MUCH LOVE TO BBALLINYAO & WOLVERINE!
http://www.myspace.com/hawksno1fan
"High Quality Post"
Lauderfale
Journeyman

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2008, 09:12:09 pm »

Quote from: "bladefd"
What? Not an upper echelon team?Huh One lose and they are not an upper echelon team? What???
Celtics lost to Washington twice in a row(only 2 games they both will play each other in the entire reg. season). Does that put Celtics below being upper echelon team? :roll:

Detroit has lost 3 in a row, their team is old and guess what?  They are not getting any younger, their young talent is not that good, and who gives Amir Johnson 11-12 mill for playing 11 games in 2 seasons?  Real Detroit fans (you know, the ones that actually live in Michigan, not the random humans that post on messageboards and come from all over the planet) don't really like their roster.  You'd know this if you went on other NBA fan websites besides Hoopshype.  Is Rasheed Wallace even good anymore?  Barely, Billups is declining, Rip was never that great to begin with, and has only appeared good because of that starting 5 he's played with, McDyess is not that good, Tayshaun is overrated just because he plays on Detroit.  Stuckey/Afflalo are not that good and won't be, Stuckey might be good in 3-4 years, then demand a fat contract and leave Detroit for another city.  Joe Dumars is a terrible GM, and hasn't made many good moves since the Rasheed trade (you're stupid if you think otherwise.).  So what if he resigned Billups?  He let Ben Wallace walk for nothing, even though Wallace sucks now, he would have been good in that starting 5, like he was for years.  Detroit's future is looking bad, and Piston fans are depressed and panicking nationwide.

Lauderfale
Journeyman

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2008, 09:14:25 pm »

btw I love how you randomly throw in Celtic Hatred in there and mention them losing, way to defend something, by dissing a team I didn't say anything about, gotta love Peoples defense on messageboards.

"If you can't think of anything intelligent to say, talk about something off topic that the person likes, and change the subject because you can't think of anything else to say." - Do you guys live by this quote?

Lauderfale
Journeyman

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2008, 09:15:57 pm »

And I bet if the Celtics were 36-3 and never lost to the wizards twice and bobcats once, you'd mention those 3 losses as an example, it is quite pathetic.  If they were 39-0, you'd mention the close games against Miami and Charlotte and say how easily we could have lost those games, just stop.

bladefd
Benchwarmer

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2008, 09:17:06 pm »

Quote from: "Lauderfale"
btw I love how you randomly throw in Celtic Hatred in there and mention them losing, way to defend something, by dissing a team I didn't say anything about, gotta love Peoples defense on messageboards.

"If you can't think of anything intelligent to say, talk about something off topic that the person likes, and change the subject because you can't think of anything else to say." - Do you guys live by this quote?

Because there was nothing else to say. Detroit is still an upper echelon team and until their core-4 retires or gets traded away or gets injured, that team will be a top echelon team. Did you watch their games? Their future doesn't look great but that doesn't mean they aren't a top echelon team this season.
LKdude
Hall of Famer

Respect: +150

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2008, 09:31:34 pm »

Saying Detroit is not a top tier team is foolish.  The Pistons have continuously made the conference finals and have proved themselves year after year to be title contenders.  This year is no different, I think they might actually be the favorites in the East because of their experience playing together for so many years (as opposed to Boston).  

The Pistons' defense this year is looking a little bit like their defense in 2004 (when they won the title).  Their offense is better than that year.  Yes the Magic beat them tonight, but Orlando is a significantly improved team from last season.  As for the Pistons, the losses to bad teams (not talking about the Orlando game) here and there during the regular season don't matter - just look at the championship winning Lakers of 2002.
steve
MVP

I've grown to hate you all.

Respect: +1110

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2008, 09:34:44 pm »

The Pistons do this every year.

Put my existence on this forum against yours.  Toronto makes the playoffs.
IlovePPierce
MVP

Respect: +14

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2008, 10:01:52 pm »

You are forgeting the 20 point blow out win to open the season, you who brought up was.
Mild Sauce
Hall of Famer

Respect: +180

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2008, 10:10:27 pm »

I give Lauderfale 1 week before he finally gets banned, anyone wanna place bets?

The tape over your mouth says more than words ever could.

They said heroin would be the best high I ever had, they lied.

Mild, he lays his glory by - Mendelssohn
LKdude
Hall of Famer

Respect: +150

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2008, 10:24:40 pm »

Quote from: "Mild Sauce"
I give Lauderfale 1 week before he finally gets banned, anyone wanna place bets?

I say 2 and a half weeks, because of the delay of the admin(s).
Megga
Starter

Respect: +2

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2008, 11:09:17 pm »

1 and a half

I think its time to change that sig, bro
regal
Hall of Famer

who ya got?

Respect: +3756

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2008, 11:15:51 pm »

san antonio's lost 4 of the last 7.  boston lost 3 out of 4 last week.

... where's the "they've lost it- threads" for them?

i give Lauderfale 3 days and he's outta here, like Vladimir.

Fair enough.
Fair enough..probably the 2nd ugliest season I've ever seen from the Ravens.
Flacco kind of is a bum..Yeah I get that he isn't that good..
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Jump to: