Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Who would Robert Horry say was better? Hakeem, Shaq or Duncan  (Voting closed: January 23, 2008, 02:31:56 pm)
Hakeem - 8 (80%)
Shaq - 1 (10%)
Duncan - 1 (10%)
Total Voters: 10

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Who would R.Horry say was better? Hakeem, Shaq or Duncan  (Read 2498 times)
kgisbigticket
Benchwarmer

Respect: 0

« on: January 23, 2008, 02:31:56 pm »

Robert Horry is the luckiest player ever.  He played with 3 all time great Big men who are all at least top 12 all time.  But if he had to pick one of the 3, who would he say was better?

Hakeem - Won in 1994 and 1995

Shaq - Won in 2000, 2001, 2002

Duncan - Won in 2005 and 2007

Josh
MVP

everything is just a headache

Respect: +1556

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 02:33:09 pm »

probably duncan, cause he's the guy he still has to play with.
Drexler-Roy
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 02:36:44 pm »

I assume if we expected a completely honest and candid answer.
If thats the case Hakeem wins hands down as a player who helped make his teammates better

Greenwing wrote
Finally, I'm going to state this right now.  The Bulls will have a better record next season that the Portland Trailblazers.
Portland record 54-28
Chicago record 41-41
themadkiwi
MVP

Respect: +17

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2008, 02:44:37 pm »

I agree with the two above me.

If Horry wanted to deliver the tactful answer in a post-game interview, he'd say Duncan.

If you cornered him in a quiet, confidential one-on-one I suspect he'd say Olajuwon.
IlovePPierce
MVP

Respect: +14

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2008, 02:55:25 pm »

Yall summed it up nicely.

BTW us he lucky?  Or smart?
bladefd
Benchwarmer

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2008, 03:16:08 pm »

At this moment? He would say Duncan for sure because he is playing with Duncan atm. Horry would possibly think Duncan would take it as an insult if he didn't mention Duncan. Plus, Duncan is ultimately the player that makes a lot of decisions in San Antonio. The Spurs have to do what Duncan wants or it could mean trouble(although he hasn't really asked for whole lot but we know how much power he has with Spurs). Duncan is practically Horry's boss in a way. Course Horry will side with him.

Once he retires? I guarantee you he wouldn't say Duncan. Hm, Hakeem or Shaq.. I would say Horry would probably say Shaq. Horry liked Shaq; I am not sure how much he liked Hakeem though. So my opinion really doesn't mean much since I don't know how close were Horry and Hakeem.
regal
Hall of Famer

who ya got?

Respect: +3756

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2008, 04:45:24 pm »

You all are underestimating the mouthpiece of Robert Horry.  Trust me.  He says anything he wants to say... i'm sure you've seen some of his quotes or heard him in interviews.  He usually "keeps it real".  It's part of why he's so damn clutch.  He just doesn't care.

I'd say he wouldn't lie to you and say Duncan or Shaq was better than Hakeem.  He saw first hand, in the his 1st championship run, how Hakeem dominated with a FAR less talented team.  A very young team they had in '94.  6th seed if I remember correctly.  They were the underdogs in every series of that playoff run, but Hakeem laced'em up and shut'em down.

He'd pay homage to the master, Hakeem.  The 1st championship run is always the best.

... and besides, Duncan's not even the guy to hold a grudge.  He's unselfish in every way.  Why would he hold a grudge with Horry, if Horry told the truth?  Duncan knows hes not better than Hakeem.  Damn good, but not better than the Dream.

good poll/thread... finally kgisbigticket

Fair enough.
Fair enough..probably the 2nd ugliest season I've ever seen from the Ravens.
Flacco kind of is a bum..Yeah I get that he isn't that good..
Skippy
a.k.a. superCoolBeas & slapCHOP & Dwyane & Skipster & Metta World Peace
Hall of Famer

LIKE A BOSS

Respect: +950

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2008, 03:49:13 am »

1.TD
2.Hakeem
3.Shaq

LET'S GO HEAT.
Pervis Ellison
a.k.a. kinghandles & thegloriousbasterd & Mr.Rings & Chandler & BRUCE XY & duncan-ginobilifan & airball & Kingdomcum
MVP

Respect: +2

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2008, 10:54:31 pm »

i read an interview with robert horry 2 years ago and he said that the best player he has ever played with was mario elie

a spurs, knicks, greg oden fan
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: