Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: If The Pistons Had Chosen Anthony?  (Read 10661 times)
t-mac357
Hall of Famer

Respect: +227

« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2008, 02:16:02 am »

i see where your coming from, but you have to understand carmelo has always been the best scoring option on his team, and the second best option, he's also always been the best, playing in detroit i believe would've made him a better player, he would've learned how to impact the game without the ball a few years earlier, he would've also been shown how to win in the nba the right way, detroit would've probably suffered a little to start with, just like the lakers did with kobe, but i believe he would've matured very fast and kept them atop of the east for years to come

B-ball fan 11
MVP

Respect: +2

« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2008, 02:24:12 am »

Here's my assesment they don't win the championshp and Melo would have clashed with Larry, I don't play rookies, Brown. Melo would have started over Prince, whose D on Kobe was a big part of that ring. To be honest, I don't think they would be any better with Anthony than they are right now, Rip and Tay wouldn't be the players they are, because the offense would have been ran through Anthony.
Josh
MVP

everything is just a headache

Respect: +1556

« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2008, 10:25:39 am »

Quote from: "B-ball fan 11"
Here's my assesment they don't win the championshp and Melo would have clashed with Larry, I don't play rookies, Brown. Melo would have started over Prince, whose D on Kobe was a big part of that ring. To be honest, I don't think they would be any better with Anthony than they are right now, Rip and Tay wouldn't be the players they are, because the offense would have been ran through Anthony.
for the sake of argument, I'd point out that Rip is the sort of player they keep trying to find for Melo and don't.  he hits open shots.  same for Prince.  heck, slide Prince to shooting guard, then you've got a guy who, on offense doesn't need the ball, he just waits for the pass out.  Rip wasn't great on defense, maybe you trade him for another big.
legenderypete
« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2008, 10:55:43 am »

Quote from: "B-ball fan 11"

You are right the thing is about rip and prince they dont need the ball to score points in which anthony does, they unselfish unlike anthony and they can play defence unlike anthony
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Jump to: