Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Minnesota's Green Wants A Trade  (Read 1760 times)
Skippy
a.k.a. superCoolBeas & slapCHOP & Dwyane & Skipster & Metta World Peace
Hall of Famer

LIKE A BOSS

Respect: +950

« on: January 26, 2008, 07:53:39 am »

Minnesota's Green Wants A Trade
January 26, 2008 - 7:29 am
RealGM Staff Report -
The Boston Globe has reported that the agent for Minnesota swingman Gerald Green has asked Timberwolves' vice president of basketball operations Kevin McHale and general manager Jim Stack to trade his client.

Green will make $1.4 million this year, and Minnesota opted to decline his option for next season.

He will become an unrestricted free agent this summer.

LET'S GO HEAT.
czaras
All-Star

Respect: 0

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 08:45:13 am »

God, how many topics do you make per day, lol?

If he wants a trade, I say do it. The faster, the better.

He has a rookie-sized deal at 1.4million. He's expiring. I'd like an expiring on the way back too.

I'd love to trade him for...Walter Herrmann. He doesn't get ANY PT in Detroit and he's a decent PF who can shoot and stretch the floor while Big Al plays C. But Herrmann can be traded only by himself, and his salary is just 42.000 too high to make it work in the tarde machine. Oh well.

I'd also love to swap him for Sean Williams or Josh Boone from NJ but a) NJ doesn't need Green b) Boone and Williams have been studs as of late. Bah.

1st option:
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2383~2761&teams=16~11&te=&cash=

Gerald Green for David Harrison. Harrison also has problems in Indiana and doesn't play much. He's expiring so little risk here. Why not add a young, big 7 footer to play alongside Big Al, while Al finally plays PF? I don't know how much use does Indiana have, but they surely lack athleticism at the 2 with a combo of Rush/Dunleavy. Green can fix that with his high-flying ways.

2nd option:
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2984~2761&teams=16~3&te=&cash=

Again. NOH could use some more versatility and athleticism at the 2/3 when Julian Wright doesn't play much and Mo Peterson, Peja Stojakovic and Rasual Butler are all SF's playing out of position when out in as SG.

Minny gets a promising C, just he's not expiring. But hey, he was a lottery pick. We're rebuilding, give him a shot and we can see what he's capable of. He expires in two years, just in time when we'll be looking to splash in the FA market.

Hell, that's about it. We want a big-man in return, since we're already stacked at the 2/3.
legenderypete
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2008, 09:09:36 am »

Option 1 probably wont happen at all because of harrison drug violation and his stupid quotes about it lol.

Option is possibly just depends how high the hornets are on wright

But really green has no value apart from he is athletic but his contract is so small you wouldnt get anythin for him either.
wolvesfan41
Journeyman

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2008, 10:08:31 am »

What about this?

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2761~2777~3229~2746~3020&teams=27~27~27~16~16&te=&cash=

czaras
All-Star

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2008, 11:20:31 am »

I think we can get more for McCants. While Blatche would be a nice long-term complement for Big Al, we don't need Pecherov.
IlovePPierce
MVP

Respect: +14

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2008, 11:37:36 am »

no one wants him.
Khalibali
Benchwarmer

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2008, 01:03:01 pm »

I want him!!  Trade him back to the C's.  You guys can have Scal and Powe...as much as I don't want Powe to go.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: