Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Maggette for Gordon  (Read 2111 times)
k_yle33
Benchwarmer

« on: January 26, 2008, 10:57:07 am »

Corey Maggette for Ben Gordon and Adrian Griffin??

There was a rumor on espn.com that the clipps may be looking to trade maggette and the bulls need a taller SG.
czaras
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 11:05:56 am »

I like it for Bulls.

Not sure CLippers would trade Maggette for Gordon though. Maggete is playing SF for them, since they already have Mobley to play SG. Gordon is so undersized he'd have to play SG, shift Quinton Ross to SF (possible) and somehow shake his minutes to make room for Mobley. Lol, Mobley and Gordon on the court at the same time sounds pretty bad.

This would be possible if Clippers got rid of Mobley somehow.
nsloan23
Undrafted

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2008, 11:10:57 am »

this is great for the bulls and not too bad for the clippers. They could switch quinton ross to SF and bring gordon of the bench as the 6th man they way they did with maggette in previous years. It doesnt make them noticibly better but they do get a veteren and someone who can flat out score. Great for the bulls but just ok for the clippers...imo

it works in trade machine
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=497~2381~285&teams=4~12~12&te=&cash=
Happiness1982
MVP

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2008, 11:15:24 am »

haha why would LA do this, unless they somehow think that having Gordon for 1 year restricted is better than doing something with Mag. Gordon is going to want as much, if not more, than Mag this year anyway lol and Mag is better. Chicago makes off like Gangbusters whilst Sterling finally gets rid of Dunleavy.

"Quality Posts"

www.94by50.org

The well-run Hoopshype alternative
regal
Hall of Famer

who ya got?

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2008, 11:26:15 am »

Quote from: "czaras"
I like it for Bulls.

Not sure CLippers would trade Maggette for Gordon though. Maggete is playing SF for them, since they already have Mobley to play SG. Gordon is so undersized he'd have to play SG, shift Quinton Ross to SF (possible) and somehow shake his minutes to make room for Mobley. Lol, Mobley and Gordon on the court at the same time sounds pretty bad.

This would be possible if Clippers got rid of Mobley somehow.

uhhh, hello Al Thornton.  Clippers are going to lose Maggette via FA anyway.  might as well step up to the plate and try to convince Gordon that L.A.'s the place for him.  the ship has sailed with Maggette.

Mobley should be moved too.  they need to clear future cap space, so they can overpay for Brand... thats the only way he'll think about staying.

Ross is a footnote.  No way he's starting over Thornton by the end of the season.

Fair enough.
Fair enough..probably the 2nd ugliest season I've ever seen from the Ravens.
Flacco kind of is a bum..Yeah I get that he isn't that good..
regal
Hall of Famer

who ya got?

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2008, 11:29:01 am »

Quote from: "Happiness1982"
haha why would LA do this, unless they somehow think that having Gordon for 1 year restricted is better than doing something with Mag. Gordon is going to want as much, if not more, than Mag this year anyway lol and Mag is better. Chicago makes off like Gangbusters whilst Sterling finally gets rid of Dunleavy.

obviously the Clippers do this to get worse.  thats what they're all about.  step #1 in Dunleavy's departure, imo.

Fair enough.
Happiness1982
MVP

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2008, 12:22:02 pm »

Oh I see we've stumbled upon yet another team you don't like lol  :roll:

Gordon isn't the answer for L.A. Getting a nice lottery pick and having Thornton develop as they hop he will would be a good start.

"Quality Posts"

www.94by50.org

Jason Rubin
a.k.a. greenwing
MVP

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2008, 12:38:56 pm »

Maggette is only better at getting to the line than Gordon.  Gordon is the better offensive player overall.  But the Bulls have more need for a Maggette-type player than a Gordon-type since they don't get to the line that often.  And if Sefolosha continues to develop, a tall backcourt of Sefolosha and Maggette rotating with a very good point guard in Hinrich is pretty dangerous.  As for the Clips, they don't do this trade unless they know they can sign Gordon for 50 mil or less.  And I don't see that happening.

Pervis Ellison
a.k.a. kinghandles & thegloriousbasterd & Mr.Rings & Chandler & BRUCE XY & duncan-ginobilifan & airball & Kingdomcum
MVP

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2008, 08:37:43 pm »

id do the trade if i was one of the two gms

a spurs, knicks, greg oden fan
regal
Hall of Famer

who ya got?

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2008, 10:11:47 pm »

Gordon isn't the answer for L.A. Getting a nice lottery pick and having Thornton develop as they hop he will would be a good start.

a lottery pick for Maggette?  he's opting out, nobodies gonna give them a lotto pick. lol, say no to drugs.

Fair enough.
Ballfreakā„¢
a.k.a. Junkyard Dog
MVP

Toronto, Ontario.

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2008, 10:16:39 pm »

LOL

Click Here for My GM Game Roster!

Payton-Kemp, #SeattleSuperSonics
Happiness1982
MVP

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2008, 06:38:00 am »

Quote from: "Laker Royalty"

Gordon isn't the answer for L.A. Getting a nice lottery pick and having Thornton develop as they hope he will would be a good start.

a lottery pick for Maggette?  he's opting out, nobodies gonna give them a lotto pick. lol, say no to drugs.

You daft zealot I didnt say or imply 'get a 1st for maggette' I was referencing the pick they'll get by virtue of being crap. Jog on!

"Quality Posts"

www.94by50.org

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: