Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: another bad year ahead for GSW fans  (Read 5480 times)
mrsaturdaynight
Journeyman

Respect: 0

« on: August 23, 2006, 12:53:50 am »

bad contracts

no defense

inconsistent leadership

what can possibly go right?

i pity the fools

Sanity is for the weak
UNIT
Hall of Famer

Respect: +57

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2006, 01:02:55 am »

..GOOD DRAFT PICK COMING BUT
t-mac357
Hall of Famer

Respect: +227

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2006, 02:13:30 am »

the only question is, who will it be

Halfdan The Black
Journeyman

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2006, 09:57:41 pm »

I had Golden State with Seattle, fighting between 14th and 15th in the West, until the Nelson signing.  Now I have them between 8th and 11th, depending on a lot.  Nelson's style somehow seems ideal for the GS roster.
BayAreaGrog
Undrafted

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2006, 06:55:07 pm »

Don Nelson's style will be a key factor in our improvement this year. He runs a more wide open offense which does benefit our personnel. Meaning we have little to no defense, but one of the more athletic, quick, and strong finishing guard combos in the league. Jason Richardson is an All-Star and the most solid player on the roster. Baron Davis has the potential to be the best player, but his personality and injury issues are concerning. If he's able to get along with Don Nelson like Tim Hardaway was then we should be a playoff team for sure.

The biggest problem on the team besides the lack of defense is our lack of solid big men. Troy Murphy is serviceable and a quality offensive player, but is a typical slow unathletic white guy. His rebounding is also not all it appears to be. The only reason he average double digit boards is that there is not a another player on the Warriors (besides J-Rich) who is an adequate rebounder. Adonal Foyle, is about as bad a player as he is a good, intelligent person. He's a great guy but nowhere starting center quality. He's only 6'10" at the very most and still is only able to average 4 boards per game. On offense he's a less than capable player. As much as I love him I think it's time to pass the torch on to someone else to be our starter at the pivot. Personally, I like Andris Biedrins. He has the heart and the athleticism to be a good player in the future, and would be the best fit in Don Nelson's offense.

Though Don Nelson will help the team, he really won't take us further than the first round. Ever. His style creates an abundance of offensive opputunities but with little to no emphasis on defense it won't make us a powerhouse team. Furthermore, we don't have the kind of one-on-one defenders to hold up some kind of defense without coaching and developement of a team defense. His unorthodox strategies (Manute Bol jacking threes last time for example) will make for an enteraining if not succesful seaon and like every year, this is THE year!

t-mac357
Hall of Famer

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2006, 09:18:51 pm »

Quote from: "Halfdan The Black"
I had Golden State with Seattle, fighting between 14th and 15th in the West, until the Nelson signing.  Now I have them between 8th and 11th, depending on a lot.  Nelson's style somehow seems ideal for the GS roster.

i hope your right, golden state is running out of time to be good,every year ppl have been saying, "this is the year" and it goes well for a while then downhill until the season is over, then they trade derek fisher? many questionable moves but the clock is ticking for them to do something good, hopefully they make something happen this year

Halfdan The Black
Journeyman

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2006, 07:43:24 am »

Nellie was the perfect choice for this roster, this team, this year.  He might be able to make them mildly competitive, and if lucky, a number 8 seed in the playoffs.  I agree completely about the bad contracts comment.  I'll bet you screamed in anger when you heard Dunleavy's extention.
mrsaturdaynight
Journeyman

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2006, 02:53:43 am »

not only dunleavy but when they double-wammied on murphy and jrich

they were big big deals

Sanity is for the weak
t-mac357
Hall of Famer

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2006, 09:06:08 pm »

murphy will be a good piece for trading purposes, he has high value, and they have been exploring trade options with him for a while now

Kobe#1Vince#2
a.k.a. YHWHtheKing
MVP

Respect: +500

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2006, 09:47:30 pm »

Dont worry Warriors fans, no matter how bad you guys are, the Knicks will always be worse...
t-mac357
Hall of Famer

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2006, 11:59:45 pm »

i wouldn't be so quick to say that, the knicks are definitely better on paper, and by the all star break everyone will agree that they are better overall, one thing the knicks don't have a problem with is injuries

GSWfaithful
Journeyman

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2006, 11:14:27 am »

call me blindly optimistic but i'm hoping for a transition much like the Mavs had.  Nelson comes in and opens up the offense, everybody's numbers inflate, guys like dinleavy, murph, and davis will all benefit from the new style. So they score more points and more assists, GM's around the league see these inflated numbers and think these guys can play like this for their team and we trade them away for more "championship run quality" players. We then dump nelson on his *** because he will never win a ring with the style he plays and promote a more qualified coach to make the playoff/championship run.  And if you think this is unrealistic think of where the mavs were a few years back.
turk
Star

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2006, 02:18:01 pm »

Quote from: "GSWfaithful"
call me blindly optimistic but i'm hoping for a transition much like the Mavs had.  Nelson comes in and opens up the offense, everybody's numbers inflate, guys like dinleavy, murph, and davis will all benefit from the new style. So they score more points and more assists, GM's around the league see these inflated numbers and think these guys can play like this for their team and we trade them away for more "championship run quality" players. We then dump nelson on his ***** because he will never win a ring with the style he plays and promote a more qualified coach to make the playoff/championship run.  And if you think this is unrealistic think of where the mavs were a few years back.

I like most of what you are saying here with one exception, I don't trust Nelson and am concerned that he will break up this team to the extent that he winds up getting rid of the wrong players and as a result will not have the "blue chip" trading material which you refer to and I agree they currently have with their existing personnel. It's going to be up to Mullin to make sure that Nelson does not have the "free reign" that he is used to having from the previous owners and GMs he's worked for. That is my major worry but your overall plan sounds pretty good to me.

--turk--
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: