Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Minny Wins.  (Read 1497 times)
Skippy
a.k.a. superCoolBeas & slapCHOP & Dwyane & Skipster & Metta World Peace
Hall of Famer

LIKE A BOSS

Respect: +950

« on: January 28, 2008, 03:00:31 am »

95-88 vs nets....you really have a great team just a bad start

Al Jefferson had a career-high 40 points, hit the go-ahead free throws with 11.4 seconds to go, and lifted the Wolves to a 98-95 victory over the Nets, who have lost nine in a row.

LET'S GO HEAT.
czaras
All-Star

Respect: 0

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 08:51:22 am »

I wouldn't call them great, but they're finally jelling with each other.

Al Jefferson was a monster once again, but he won't have a game like that every day.

If Gomes keeps playing the way he does and we get Foye and Ratliff back in February, this team finally will be someone to keep an eye out for. Just as much as I'm happy with going 3-2 over the last 5 games, I bite my lip when even thinking how close we were to a 5-game winning streak.
andyandy!!
Benchwarmer

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 05:12:06 pm »

Al jefferson is a beast, i didn't notice him before he got trade to the wolves; but he really is making a name for himself there.

From the limited games and highlights I've seen, he looks like an excellent post player. His pump fakes and strength down low is unbelievable. And his rebounding is great as well.

One problem i found was he seems a little selfish, doesn't look to pass too much. Hence, i've only watched a couple games.

So fans of the T-Wolves, are those assumptions accurate or am i way off the mark?

czaras
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 05:32:20 pm »

It's complicated. Wink Biug Al had trouble passing out of double-teams at first. No biggy, this was his first year as a focal point of the offence. When he finally learned that, he noticed that whenever he passes out, Jaric/Telfair/Brewer missed the open J. So he understood he needs to take it to the hole and carry the team on his shoulders, waiting for one of the inconsisten swingmen (Brewer, McCants, whoever) to get hot during stretches in the game. Gomes has been a steady presence, just not last night.

When he gets better offensive weapons in the lineup (like Randy Foye) then we will be able to judge how selfish he is. He shoots good percentages, so no one should mind.

His biggest flaw is his defence. He can get a block or two here and there and works decently in a zone, but 1-on-1 defence is quite bad. Same with pick'n'rolls, he's just a poor defender when it comes to anticipating his opponents move.

Hoipefully McHale can do the one thing he does well; tutoring big-men, and make him into at least a decent defender. No one has hope that he'll be another KG on defense, that's just impossible. But everyone has the right to require that he won;t be the weakest link on defense.
mario
Journeyman

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2008, 10:40:32 pm »

i am surprised

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: