Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: YES! Webber to the Warriors is DONE!  (Read 11977 times)
navigator
Star

Respect: +1

« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2008, 03:45:51 am »

Quote from: "atong518"
Hows that Cheesy

Great, great move. YES

Why? What's the fuss?? Is Yao Ming now a member of the Golden State Warriors??? Are the Warriors now serious challengers for the NBA championship?Huh

"Face and overcome your fear"
Pervis Ellison
a.k.a. kinghandles & thegloriousbasterd & Mr.Rings & Chandler & BRUCE XY & duncan-ginobilifan & airball & Kingdomcum
MVP

Respect: +2

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2008, 05:07:53 am »

Quote from: "gogo2disco"
He is going to pass out running with the Warriors..

+1

a spurs, knicks, greg oden fan
cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2791

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2008, 08:30:39 am »

Quote from: "navigator"
Quote from: "atong518"
Hows that Cheesy

Great, great move. YES

Why? What's the fuss?? Is Yao Ming now a member of the Golden State Warriors??? Are the Warriors now serious challengers for the NBA championship?Huh

Alright pal, not that I don't agree with you, but you already quoted and responded to the same thing. We get it.

As for the move, it's essentially like asking a Hippopotamus to join the running of the bulls.

Soon....
zunami23
Hall of Famer

Respect: +1312

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2008, 08:35:15 am »

I don't think Webber will have problems in the system because he'll play center and Don Nelson doesn't tell the center what to do on offense.
Josh
MVP

everything is just a headache

Respect: +1556

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2008, 08:39:14 am »

Quote from: "zunami23"
I don't think Webber will have problems in the system because he'll play center and Don Nelson doesn't tell the center what to do on offense.
That's because the center isn't involved in the offense until the "offensive rebound/putback" portion of the possession.  "alright, Baron, you take it to the hole.  if they double you, give it to Monta.  Monta, you either drive, or kick it out to Jackson.  Jack, try not to kill anybody.  and Andris, get ready for the board, but for god's sake stay out of everyone's way."
zunami23
Hall of Famer

Respect: +1312

« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2008, 08:45:09 am »

Quote from: "Josh"
Quote from: "zunami23"
That's because the center isn't involved in the offense until the "offensive rebound/putback" portion of the possession.  "alright, Baron, you take it to the hole.  if they double you, give it to Monta.  Monta, you either drive, or kick it out to Jackson.  Jack, try not to kill anybody.  and Andris, get ready for the board, but for god's sake stay out of everyone's way."
Yeah exactly, but Nelson's not gonna tell Webber to stay out of everyone's way or otherwise it wouldn't have made sense for him to want Webber. Then again, Nelson doesn't always make sense.
UNIT
Hall of Famer

Respect: +57

« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2008, 09:42:31 am »

I disagree with you guys.
If theres a place webber would do well now in his career its GS, because he doesnt play defence just like GS and alot of the time he wont even have to leave the backcourt because jackson would of already thrown up a 3pointer.

with Biedrins being the only big guy.. Webber and him and Harrington make a nice rotation upfront.
his ego will blend in with guys like baron n jackson.. and im sure nelson can control him enough to reduce his usual minutes.

just dont expect it to work at first because of the lack of fitness.
LKdude
Hall of Famer

Respect: +150

« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2008, 09:44:53 am »

Not too sure about the Webb-master to G-State.  The Warriors just get another player who doesn't play D.
Happiness1982
MVP

Respect: +1

« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2008, 10:00:48 am »

Yes but you can't play him at centre because that's the only position they get bounds/defense from. they cant play him at pf because his legs would snap trying to keep up. detroit was the ideal place and he started moaning there. LA would be a decent landing point but G.S is farcical imho.

"Quality Posts"

www.94by50.org

The well-run Hoopshype alternative
Josh
MVP

everything is just a headache

Respect: +1556

« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2008, 10:23:54 am »

what you're looking for is a team that hides his weaknesses and can use his strengths.  so, you want a team with a slow pace that's already set on D, who could use some nice jump shots and interior passing....so, of the realistic contenders, that's the spurs and pistons.
tong
MVP

Respect: 0

« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2008, 10:44:56 am »

cmon now guys... increase optimism NAO!

he won't need to run up and down all the time, just make great passes and board.

MoAlmond
a.k.a. kevindurant
Starter

« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2008, 12:25:46 pm »

And I thought there was No Country for Old Men

steve
MVP

I've grown to hate you all.

Respect: +1110

« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2008, 12:35:25 pm »

Yeah, they just get captive bolt pistols to the head.  Which is what I expect Nellie to do Webber about 10 games in, just to put him out of his misery.

Put my existence on this forum against yours.  Toronto makes the playoffs.
CraftyVet
All-Star

« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2008, 01:40:26 pm »

Can't see Webb doing much in the Bay. On offense he will be a lost cause unless over his break he developed a deadly 3 point shot. But in reality, I don't see this as a smart move by the Warriors. Biedrins is only in the mid 20's in terms of minutes and he doesn't need anyone else cutting into his minutes, and this leaves Brenden Wright with about 30 seconds of garbage time. Or that 2 and a half seconds at the end of a half where the coach doesn't want a good player to pick up a foul.

Link vs. Ganon
Starter

« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2008, 02:21:18 pm »

I don't think Webber would fit with the warriors style. He should have gone to the lakers because they need a replacement big man. No offense to Kwame but they say kwame has very small hands which make it hard for him to catch the ball.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Jump to: