Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: YES! Webber to the Warriors is DONE!  (Read 11984 times)

Respect: 0

« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2008, 02:24:27 pm »

just because gs plays run and gun doesnt mean they cant change up their system when webber is in the game... youre telling me that they absolutely cant change their pace to acomodate webber and give their players a little rest?

also heres the contradiction i see, webber doesnt really need to be on the other end in a fastbreak/run and gun offense, they run it up and go for a lay up or a three pointer, webber doesnt have to be running with baron going for alley oops, jeez...
Happiness1982
MVP

Respect: +1

« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2008, 02:29:58 pm »

A team is as strong as it's weakest link.

It's not a great idea to switch up your ethos to accommodate one, not that great any more, player. In my humble opinion.

"Quality Posts"

www.94by50.org

The well-run Hoopshype alternative

« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2008, 02:38:06 pm »

Quote from: "Happiness1982"

It's not a great idea to switch up your ethos to accommodate one, not that great any more, player. In my humble opinion.

a. I would rather have two short chains than one long chain.

b. Not if said link doesn't make it off the blacksmith's table to be integrated with the rest of the chain

a. I'll give you that.

b. But change can be good. Sometimes a different game strategy will do it. The warriors often can't run the full length of the game. So having an efficient half-court set with an able passer of a big man wouldn't be bad at all.
Josh
MVP

everything is just a headache

Respect: +1556

« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2008, 02:38:27 pm »

exactly.  I mean, the entire warrior philosophy is built around just attacking all the time.  but webber's going to take time, and his best skill (his passing) needs to be used in a read and react sorta way.
Link vs. Ganon
Starter

« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2008, 02:43:43 pm »

I personally think the warriors are better off without c-webb. If they start losing a bunch of games you know who's going to get the blame

Happiness1982
MVP

« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2008, 03:41:06 pm »

Quote from: "Striovatti"

a. I would rather have two short chains than one long chain.

b. Not if said link doesn't make it off the blacksmith's table to be integrated with the rest of the chain

a. I'll give you that.

b. But change can be good. Sometimes a different game strategy will do it. The warriors often can't run the full length of the game. So having an efficient half-court set with an able passer of a big man wouldn't be bad at all.

Respect your opinion but don't you think that, if you must adapt your 'flavour', you do it to get better in areas in which you are deficient?

Rebounding would be one. Defense would be another.

"Quality Posts"

www.94by50.org

mario
Journeyman

« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2008, 03:57:25 pm »

webber is not going to do anything

« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2008, 04:34:34 pm »

Respect your opinion but don't you think that, if you must adapt your 'flavour', you do it to get better in areas in which you are deficient?

Rebounding would be one. Defense would be another.

i see. yea very good call

the only thing i can really say to that is i dont think they spent too much money on webber, so theyre not really losing out
and one of their concerns was baron getting tired from playing too many minutes so having a slower halfcourt set at times could relieve all the running and improve their halfcourt playing in general
Happiness1982
MVP

« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2008, 04:39:16 pm »

Sure. And it indeed costs them nothing so it's not like it's awful. My concern would be that it interrupts the flow of the big guys (Baron, Action, Beidrins etc), and you, needless to say, dont want that. Webber has been known to moan when things dont go his way so I'd be worried he'd start losing it when he finds he's not getting enough shots/ cant run etc.

"Quality Posts"

www.94by50.org

willsev
Journeyman

« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2008, 07:35:34 pm »

Sure. And it indeed costs them nothing so it's not like it's awful. My concern would be that it interrupts the flow of the big guys (Baron, Action, Beidrins etc), and you, needless to say, dont want that. Webber has been known to moan when things dont go his way so I'd be worried he'd start losing it when he finds he's not getting enough shots/ cant run etc.

Flow of the big guys? How come Baron was mentioned.

Nonetheless, I agree with Happi.

MUCH LOVE TO BBALLINYAO & WOLVERINE!
http://www.myspace.com/hawksno1fan
"High Quality Post"
navigator
Star

« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2008, 07:41:03 pm »

Quote from: "zunami23"
I don't think Webber will have problems in the system because he'll play center and Don Nelson doesn't tell the center what to do on offense.

Yeah, by the time Webber reaches midcourt after a defensive rebound, his teammates will be running back on defense. And by time he catches up with his teammates on defense, Baron & Co. are already running the fastbreak on the other end.

Golden State will look a team with 4 clones of "The Flash" plus Professor X

"Face and overcome your fear"
navigator
Star

« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2008, 07:42:55 pm »

Quote from: "LKdude"
Not too sure about the Webb-master to G-State.  The Warriors just get another player who doesn't play D.

AND CANNOT run with the other 4 guys.

navigator
Star

« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2008, 07:43:40 pm »

While the rest of the Warriors run at full speed, Chris Webber will be jogging.

willsev
Journeyman

« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2008, 07:49:56 pm »

Quote from: "navigator"
While the rest of the Warriors run at full speed, Chris Webber will be jogging.

His jogging is like walking for all the rest of the Warriors players.

MUCH LOVE TO BBALLINYAO & WOLVERINE!
http://www.myspace.com/hawksno1fan
"High Quality Post"
rye
a.k.a. ryecyd
Hall of Famer

You don't like me? Well... I dont give a f*ck!

Respect: +637

« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2008, 08:13:53 pm »

do you guys think warriors will retire cwebb's jersey?

Quote from: brianskinner=gay
he is a *** he is a theif he recently stole jewlery from my sister amounting to significant dollars american folks.  He like i said before is a ***.  Is it my sisters fault he is a no life drunk who can't even dunk the damn ball.  He has no money so he resorts to stealing from young women.  Once again he is a ***.  He should be stopped. Anybody knowing brian skinner should tell him he is a ***.  Tell brian skinner he needs to get a life, i tried using him on nba 2k9 but he is horrible he should just quit now and
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Jump to: