Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Earthquake hits Japan during World Game  (Read 2434 times)
pistoL
Undrafted

Respect: 0

« on: August 31, 2006, 09:05:13 am »

Sports Illustrated - A 4.8-magnitude earthquake jolted the Tokyo region on Thursday during halftime of the Lithuania-Turkey game in the FIBA championships.

There were no immediate reports of injuries or damage, the Meteorological Agency reported, and there was almost no reaction from the people in the Super Arena in Saitama, 17 miles north of Tokyo.

The quake shook buildings in central Tokyo and outside the capital.

The teams had just left the court at halftime of the classification game when the building shook for a few seconds. No announcement was made and the second half started without a delay.

The quake came about two hours after the U.S. team finished practicing at the Japan Institute of Sports Sciences in central Tokyo. USA Basketball spokesman Craig Miller said some staff members said they felt something, though there was no damage at the Four Seasons hotel where the Americans are staying

Thank god the arena didnt crash anything or that would just ruin the entire tournament, good to know people are safe.

OTRFORUMS.com
G-Force
Journeyman

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2006, 09:17:18 am »

Well I watched the game and no one talked about it and nothing weird happened. No one felt anything I guess, also 4.8 is not that strong, but of course thank god nothing happened.

cole1200
Journeyman

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2006, 10:04:53 pm »

:shock: Scary!  I read that some of the players in the locker room were aware of it, but weren't sure what it was.  Even if a 4.8 is relatively weak,  I think it might possibly affect my game a bit.  Glad everyone's ok!
GO USA!!!

"You know the world has gone crazy when the best rapper is white, the best golfer is black, and the tallest man in the NBA is chinese!"

t-mac357
Hall of Famer

Respect: +227

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2006, 11:25:11 pm »

off topic forum................................................maybe?

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: