Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Who should start at PF?  (Read 5235 times)
t-mac357
Hall of Famer

Respect: +227

« on: August 31, 2006, 10:45:55 pm »

Tyrus Thomas-PJ Brown-Mike Sweetney. Who should start?And why? All are pretty good but which one should start?Explain.

t-mac357
Hall of Famer

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2006, 10:55:25 pm »

If i were Scott Skiles i'd start tyrus thomas over sweetney and brown.Why? Sweetney is solid but is often out of shape to play major minutes and doesn't bring intensity and fire, also is sometimes lazy and sluggish on defense. Brown to me is getting older and will be out of gas at the end of the season if he starts 82 games. He is probably the best of the 3 but how is he going to hold up?Would you rather have him start in the playoffs or in the regular season?

I say Thomas because he will bring energy,fire,intensity, and explosiveness. Him next to ben wallace seems to be a good idea. There are a few problems with this though, the fact that both pf and c will be 6'9, that could hurt them against some teams but phoenix has done it successfully. I like the sound of it but it could also depend on how Thomas pans out.

Raptors06/07Champs
All-Star

Respect: +1

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2006, 12:37:35 am »

No question- Tyrus

Raptors06/07Champs is on the "Greg Oden will be a bust Bandwagon." PM him if you want to join!
TheWhiteGuy
Journeyman

Respect: 0

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2006, 01:03:30 am »

To start off the season they should use Mike Sweetney and bring Ty Thomas along slowly because u don't wanna throw him in there to fast. But toward the end of the season I see Ty Thomas starting along with Ben and Luol Deng to form one of the best front courts in teh NBA.

saleem
Starter

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2006, 02:05:45 am »

Skiles an Co. are kind of demanding. So I don't see Tyrus starting at all this year. (Barring injury) He will probably start Brown and bring Thomas along slowly as he adjusts to the Association. Remember that everyone expects the Bulls to contend this year. So expect them to play to win not develop.

"..Yeah, but...$5 bucks..."
legenderypete
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2006, 03:05:40 am »

Pj because of his exprience and he is a good post defender
TOMSPY77
Undrafted

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2006, 03:39:45 am »

PJ willstart as said above because thats how Skiles works.
BlueDemon
Benchwarmer

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2006, 07:23:28 pm »

Quote from: "t-mac357"
Tyrus Thomas-PJ Brown-Mike Sweetney. Who should start?And why? All are pretty good but which one should start?Explain.

PJ Brown and it won't even be close.  Sweetney's lucky to be on the team and I can't see the Bulls go with the rook considering the team is built to contend NOW.
t-mac357
Hall of Famer

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2006, 07:31:07 pm »

im not comparing who is the best pf, its who should start, brown is getting old and it will show, he's not used to playing more than 82 games a year and at his age it will be tough to start playing 7+ more games a season against good competition, i say thomas unless they play certain teams where brown would matchup better, otherwise his gas tank will be empty, and sweetney isn't a pushover by any means, has a little mid range game and is a beast on the boards, his question is his effort and determination

BlueDemon
Benchwarmer

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2006, 10:15:58 am »

Quote from: "t-mac357"
im not comparing who is the best pf, its who should start, brown is getting old and it will show, he's not used to playing more than 82 games a year and at his age it will be tough to start playing 7+ more games a season against good competition, i say thomas unless they play certain teams where brown would matchup better, otherwise his gas tank will be empty, and sweetney isn't a pushover by any means, has a little mid range game and is a beast on the boards, his question is his effort and determination

I understood the question - I'm not saying PJ Brown is the best PF on the team, I'm saying he'll be the starter.  He saw good minutes last year (32 mins/gm) and I don't necessarily think being a year older will change that this year when he plays for the Bulls.
cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2791

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2006, 10:19:02 am »

PJ then Tyrus. Mike will keep the bench warm with his large, large rump.

Soon....
Journeyman

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2006, 11:19:58 am »

SHOULD: TYRUS

WILL: BROWN

Smiley
todaloop
Starter

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2006, 12:53:27 pm »

Skiles has the luxury this year of starting whoever will give the opponents the biggest matchup problems or whoever he feels will be the best to implement his game plan.

He can start Noc, Sweets, Allen, PJ. or even Deng, but I doubt if he'll even consider starting Thomas until later in the season unless there are severe injury problems with the other forwards.

This bus goes beep, beep
KOBEwasCHEATED>05-06MV
Journeyman

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2006, 06:14:10 pm »

i want tyrus to start but i think pj will start in the beginning of the season and tyrus will probably start towards the end of the season

yeah Kobe isnt Jordan but Micheal isnt Bryant

gregorius
Undrafted

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2006, 06:24:46 am »

It'll be Brown or Sweets initially. Then whoever's hot will get the nod. Thats how Skiles works.

Eventually (2-3 yrs) it'll hopefully be Tyrus.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Jump to: