Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Will the Warriors win the NBA Title in the next 3 seasons???  (Voting closed: February 15, 2008, 03:48:01 pm)
OF COURSE NOT!!!!!! - 2 (100%)
Yes, DEFINITELY YES!!! - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 2

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Win or Lose??  (Read 1642 times)
navigator
Star

Respect: +1

« on: February 15, 2008, 03:48:01 pm »

Is this as good as things will ever be for the Golden State Warriors?

Will the Warriors ever win an NBA title or even play in the NBA Finals???

Is making the playoffs the ultimate hope of every Golden State fan???

"Face and overcome your fear"
tong
MVP

Respect: 0

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 04:46:00 pm »

I love the warriors, but cmon now, be realistic. the warriors wont win a 'ship, especially because nellie has ever been there in his coaching career

navigator
Star

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 04:52:11 pm »

Quote from: "atong518"
I love the warriors, but cmon now, be realistic. the warriors wont win a 'ship, especially because nellie has ever been there in his coaching career

Aaah, as you can see I voted "OF COURSE NOT" in the poll. Besides, I can't believe how Northern Californians become so excited about merely making the playoffs when the ultimate goal is the NBA championship.

Its just so different in Southern California where the last two first round exits of the Lakers were considered a failure. Actually, anything short of the NBA championship is consodered a failure in Southern California.

reallyquestionmark
Benchwarmer

Respect: 0

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2008, 11:12:58 pm »

Allow me to translate for navigator.  "Nor cal "hella" sucks"

I'm from so-cal too but man I love the warriors.  They play with so much *** heart.  They get ejected, shooting percentages mean nothing to them, they have like 4 of the same type of player I love the warriors.  Who can't love that kind of reckless disregard.  The dallas series was the best NBA playoff series I have ever seen.  Anyways I'd rather root for a nor cal team then a team from *** texas.

Kobe played *** horrible.
Rad and Sasha only like to shoot.
Lamar and Pau are soft and unreliable.
Derek fisher played ok.
Celtics were a much better team.
navigator
Star

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2008, 02:27:52 am »

Quote from: "reallyquestionmark"
Allow me to translate for navigator.  "Nor cal "hella" sucks"

I'm from so-cal too but man I love the warriors.  They play with so much ***** heart.  They get ejected, shooting percentages mean nothing to them, they have like 4 of the same type of player I love the warriors.  Who can't love that kind of reckless disregard.  The dallas series was the best NBA playoff series I have ever seen.  Anyways I'd rather root for a nor cal team then a team from ***** texas.

I, too, love the "run-and-gun-let's-see-if-you-can-make-more-baskets-than-us" game of this Don Nelson team. They are very exciting to watch because they can get hot any team and run up 20 straight points in 5 minutes OR their "utter-disregard-for-any-kind-of-physical-defense-in-exchange-for-all-out-effort-in-offense" allows the opposing to "quietly" score 24 points (through free throws and set plays) to the Warriors 20 because the other team made 3 stops in defense to 1 defensive stop by the Warriors.

But what I don't get is that fans up north seem to be contented with having a high-flying, fast-running, outside-shooting, team that can make the playoffs but never win the NBA title.

For us SoCal fans, RESULTS is what counts - NOT STYLE. Now if winning the championship IN STYLE (see Pat Riley's showtime) happens, so much the better. But what's important is a legit shot to win the NBA title - not just 56 regular season games. As Phil Jax said "scoring wins games", "DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS". And in SoCal, its all about the championships. Be it the Lakers in the NBA, or SC in football, or UCLA in March, or the Dodgers in October.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: