Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: quietly good offseason for Bird  (Read 2819 times)
Halfdan The Black
Journeyman

Respect: 0

« on: September 04, 2006, 10:24:33 pm »

I'm not much impressed with Larry Bird as a GM, but he has surprised me this year.  Indiana has seemed quiet, but with adding Harrington, Williams, and Daniels, among other moves, they seem to me to have gotten back up quite a bit.  Think about it:

A)  Frontcourt includes O'Neal, Harrington and Granger, with Jeff Fisher and rookie Shawn Williams off the bench, plus Marquis Daniels joins the Tinsley/Jackson backcourt.  They have an excellent coach in Carlyles.  Indy could be good this year.
UNIT
Hall of Famer

Respect: +57

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2006, 03:28:16 am »

remeber sarunas will last longer this season.. and harrison is dangerous when not fouling.. and the most fun addition is we are bound to see some good dunks with James White..
t-mac357
Hall of Famer

Respect: +227

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2006, 12:00:05 am »

yeah once harrington was inked, they are back to being serious contenders, as well as adding some serious depth

UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2006, 03:23:30 am »

Quote from: "t-mac357"
yeah once harrington was inked, they are back to being serious contenders, as well as adding some serious depth

everything went wrong when harrington left.... now hes back..
BayAreaGrog
Undrafted

Respect: 0

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2006, 09:45:08 pm »

I agree, I think the Pacers ad the best offseason of any team. They added quality, proven players in the frontcourt and backcourt. They wil be a playoff contender this year for sure. This offseason shows how good of a GM Larry Bird could be.

t-mac357
Hall of Famer

Respect: +227

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2006, 12:05:21 am »

i wouldn't say they had the best offseason but they no doubt had a good one, i'd change my mind though it all depends on how good granger and harrington are when the season starts

UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2006, 01:25:48 am »

yeah you cant really judge an offseason until that season is over at least..

but all bird had to do was tweak the outta side of the roster to improve..

..and he did
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: