Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: American arrogance  (Read 1912 times)
BRockin25
MVP

Respect: +1434

« on: September 07, 2006, 10:57:22 am »

I saw this in the Rumors section...

"You mentioned how narrow the margin is and how great the international teams are. Did you really appreciate that before this? Mike Krzyzewski: It's even better. In other words, I respected it before going in. ... Take the game against Greece. (Theodoros) Papaloukas, No. 4 for them, is the MVP of Europe. I'd never heard of him before. He plays with (former Duke star) Trajan (Langdon). Trajan said they have a really great guard on their team. He didn't say he was 6-7, 28 years old and makes probably five or six million dollars a year and is an amazing leader"

Can you believe that Coach K hadn't heard of one of the top players in the world before the tournament? How can you be unaware of one of the top players in Euroleague and call yourself a premier coach, when CASUAL FANS with NBA TV know about this guy? Thoughts?

G-Force
Journeyman

Respect: 0

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2006, 11:48:54 am »

That's just ignorance. He is probably the best guard in Europe and was the Final Fours Mvp last year. If Coach K has to know three players from Europe, one of them should have been Papaloukas. At least, a little research would be good but nothing. If he did that, maybe Papaloukas would not be able to make 12 assists.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: