Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Do you want our league to have injuries?  (Voting closed: March 02, 2008, 06:44:30 am)
Yes - 3 (27.3%)
No - 8 (72.7%)
Total Voters: 11

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: GM League: There should be injuries  (Read 2854 times)
zunami23
Hall of Famer

« on: March 02, 2008, 06:44:30 am »

I'm thinking about what's best for the league. Having injuries is not gonna help me because I have Nene. I think it would be more logical and realistic to have injuries and their lengths would just be made proportional in our schedule. Like if the season's 20 game's long, a player that misses 4 games, misses 1 game in our league. The player gets benched AFTER his injury's over so that we know how many games he's sitting out. Get it? Please make this a rule, it would make our league better. When Bynum gets back, the amount of games he's missed is divided by four and he sits out that amount of regular season games, even if it stretches out to the following season. If a player's out for the whole season (Yao) then he should be benched. Sorry whoever the Rockets GM is...
Pervis Ellison
a.k.a. kinghandles & thegloriousbasterd & Mr.Rings & Chandler & BRUCE XY & duncan-ginobilifan & airball & Kingdomcum
MVP

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 06:51:10 am »

no

a spurs, knicks, greg oden fan
t-mac357
Hall of Famer

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2008, 06:54:31 am »

thing is, how would someone get injured, you can only go so much off of what's happening now

Richie B
Benchwarmer

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2008, 06:58:17 am »

And how would injuries apply to next year's season?
zunami23
Hall of Famer

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2008, 07:04:22 am »

The amount the player's due to miss just carries on to the next season. If a guy misses 20 games, it's 5 games in our league. If there's only 3 games left in the season, the guy misses those 3 and then the first 2 regular season games of the next season. What do you mean t-mac?
t-mac357
Hall of Famer

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2008, 07:11:56 am »

i mean, your talking about players that are already injured in real life

but in the gm game how would a player get injured

UNIT
Hall of Famer

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2008, 07:14:39 am »

Quote from: "t-mac357"

pokemon cards
zunami23
Hall of Famer

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2008, 07:18:26 am »

Quote from: "Bball Unit"

pokemon cards
LOL. Come on guys, it's not that complicated. I'm not talking about made-up injuries. I explained it all in the first post. Real-life injuries translate proportionally to our league's injuries.
t-mac357
Hall of Famer

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2008, 07:31:03 am »

thats based on the assumption the trend will continue, keyword "assumption"

zunami23
Hall of Famer

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2008, 07:32:08 am »

thats based on the assumption the trend will continue, keyword "assumption"
No, there's no assumptions because the players in our league will miss the games AFTER the real-life injury's over.
Richie B
Benchwarmer

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2008, 07:37:03 am »

Aren't we planning on doing 2 seasons?  This season, a draft, an offseason, and another season.  So if Shaun Livingston doesn't play this year then he misses both of our seasons?  And what happens with Nene?  Does he only play a determined amount of games in our first season and then has to miss the entire second season too?

I think this is just going to lead to a lot of arguing.

Richie B
t-mac357
Hall of Famer

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2008, 07:39:56 am »

that unneccesarily complicates the game just like the buyouts and player releasing does, the game was made to be simple, and thats a step in the opposite direction

zunami23
Hall of Famer

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2008, 07:42:50 am »

Quote from: "Richie B"
Aren't we planning on doing 2 seasons?  This season, a draft, an offseason, and another season.  So if Shaun Livingston doesn't play this year then he misses both of our seasons?  And what happens with Nene?  Does he only play a determined amount of games in our first season and then has to miss the entire second season too?

I think this is just going to lead to a lot of arguing.

Richie B
No, if a player's out for the season, he misses the games during the injury and won't be punished for the next season. Might lead to arguing, you're right, but I think it's worth a shot.
t-mac357
Hall of Famer

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2008, 07:48:04 am »

this league can go on and on and on, 2 isn't the limit, the way i see it, its another object keeping the game from running smoothly, its enough to do already, adding injuries will only complicate the game more not to mention the arguing

you'd have to figure out how many games each injured player should miss, season to season, thats an added headache

zunami23
Hall of Famer

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2008, 07:52:20 am »

you'd have to figure out how many games each injured player should miss, season to season, thats an added headache
You divide the real amount of games missed by 4. Not really headache inducing.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Jump to: