Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Walsh Throwing in the Towel?  (Read 1906 times)
Benchwarmer

Respect: 0

« on: March 19, 2008, 07:20:47 am »

First NY and now the Bucks? Wow - he must be really tired of managing this mess that he created! This just shows that Donnie has no respect for this franchise or its players - to ruin a team and then jump ship. I guess that's to be expected nowadays but I was sort of hoping Donnie would have a little more respect for Indiana than that -- after building a really successful franchise that until recently had exceeded expectations and handled the adversity.

What exactly does he think will await him in NY or Milwaukee? A better chance to revitalize those teams? How about building on what you created here  and taking some accountability for the crappy trades and contracts you've made? Even though we're not a playoff team thjis year, we're still in considerably better shape than the Bucks and NY is just a disaster.
nsloan23
Undrafted

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 09:48:37 am »

i dont think its an issue of respect at all. He wants a new challenge. He has already built the pacers into a perennial contender once. I dont know how you didnt see this coming but Donnie Walsh has been fasing himself out since 2003 when Larry Bird was hired and has been giving more and more power to Bird. Bird has been the guy calling most of the shots for at least the past 2 years maybe a little longer. And Donnie has said many times in interviews (even with the pacer analysts on FSN) that Larry Bird will take over at some point and that He(walsh) will most likely end up elsewhere. So i guess i just dont understand why this would be such a big suprise since walsh leaving has been talked about ever since 2003. Just now its finally a realistic scenario for him to leave. He's been here for 23 years? And the pacers have been in the playoffs 18 of those years.
And also He is from New York and would probably like to attempt to fix that mess.
I hope he stays but if he leaves i dont see why it would anger people esecially since they've been preparing for this for the last 5 years

Rumors are that Larry Bird may not even be back in the front office next year. I think he will be back but who knows
naptown
Star

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 11:29:42 am »

after 24 years with  the same team I'd move on 2 it's a mess here I don't blame him
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: