Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: williams, brown, brewer  (Read 4514 times)
a-dre
Benchwarmer

Respect: 0

« on: September 23, 2006, 08:38:41 am »

wat do ya'll think of their young guys? any future all-stars or anything?
legenderypete
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2006, 01:42:03 pm »

Williams Could Make a great player maybe not an all-star. Im not a big Fan of dee brown he is quick but his allround game isnt that strong.

I dont know much about brewer
t-mac357
Hall of Famer

Respect: +227

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2006, 02:55:17 am »

Quote from: "legenderypete"
Williams Could Make a great player maybe not an all-star. Im not a big Fan of dee brown he is quick but his allround game isnt that strong.

I dont know much about brewer

i agree completely, dee brown isn't as good as he's put out to be, brewer will bring some athleticism though that the team lacks and a little size if nothing else

bulls12345678
Benchwarmer

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2006, 03:31:44 pm »

Give Dee Brown a chance.. geez.. he can shoot the ball and if you actualy watched Illinois Basketball then you can talk s*** about him after you watch him play..

legenderypete
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2006, 06:27:04 am »

Quote from: "bulls12345678"
Give Dee Brown a chance.. geez.. he can shoot the ball and if you actualy watched Illinois Basketball then you can talk s*** about him after you watch him play..

yes i did and he struggled compared to the year with williams , i know he had big injures but relied on driving to much and was more of a scorer than a playmaker, alot like barbosa
Freaky Deaky
Journeyman

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2006, 01:23:05 pm »

I think Williams was one of the stupidest draft decisions of all time considering not only could they have waited for him to drop to them instead of trading up, but much worse is that they traded their way into position to select Chris Paul but took Williams instead.  

But lucky for Utah, it looks like he will turn out to be a very good point guard, maybe even an all-star level PG.  

I thought Brewer was a steal and potetial rookie of the year canidate, but he doesn't look ready right now.  Only time will tell for Brewer, but there is no denying his athleticism.  I heard good things about Brown and that Utah was lucky to get him where they did, but he's a backup at best.  Milsap is looking more like a steal.
legenderypete
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2006, 05:31:24 am »

milsap looks to be a good player he a steal in the draft because he always was called a tweener too small for pf but to slow for a sf.

im not suprised he the only player to lead the ncaa in rebounds 3 years in a row and is a very hard worker, guess he going to prove his doubters wrong like arenas who dropped down because of being a tweener 2
a-dre
Benchwarmer

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2006, 07:11:29 am »

Quote from: "Freaky Deaky"
I think Williams was one of the stupidest draft decisions of all time considering not only could they have waited for him to drop to them instead of trading up, but much worse is that they traded their way into position to select Chris Paul but took Williams instead.  

williams would've been a top 5 pick anyway you look at it. i heard a lot of j-kidd comparisons. and nobody thought cp3 would be ballin the way he is. besides, deron fits better in sloan's system.
Mild Sauce
Hall of Famer

Respect: +180

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2006, 01:59:58 pm »

Give Dee Brown some time to gain confidence and hopefully Sloan will give him some minutes. If he gets halfway decent shots then he is deadly. The reason he did so much better with Williams in the lineup is because it would open shots up for him instead of him having to force up 90% of the shots like he had to last year.

The tape over your mouth says more than words ever could.

They said heroin would be the best high I ever had, they lied.

Mild, he lays his glory by - Mendelssohn
legenderypete
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2006, 06:06:01 pm »

dee brown is rumored to be going into the d-league soon
Mavsguru
Starter

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2006, 06:35:03 pm »

Your forgetting Milsapp.  

I think Williams is turning from what looked dumber than hell of Utah to trade up for him when Paul was available, to a brilliant move showing they knew something everyone else didn't.  I still like Paul more than Deron, but Deron Williams fits Utah better than Paul would.  

Milsap should be rookie of the year if things don't change.  

Brewer is raw and rough around the edges, but I have confidence that he will be a solid pick.  

Brown I think will be out of the league within 3 to five seasons.
legenderypete
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2006, 06:36:08 am »

Quote from: "Mavsguru"
Your forgetting Milsapp.  

I think Williams is turning from what looked dumber than hell of Utah to trade up for him when Paul was available, to a brilliant move showing they knew something everyone else didn't.  I still like Paul more than Deron, but Deron Williams fits Utah better than Paul would.  

Milsap should be rookie of the year if things don't change.  

Brewer is raw and rough around the edges, but I have confidence that he will be a solid pick.  

Brown I think will be out of the league within 3 to five seasons.

millsap should of been a top20 pick he probably better than shelden williams, but people saw him as a tweener a bit small for the pf spot. But he led the ncaa 3 years in the row in reboundin(only ever player to do that) while bein solid on both ends of the court, i guess he probably is the steal of this years draft
LKdude
Hall of Famer

Respect: +150

« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2006, 11:26:08 pm »

I think Deron could definitely be an All-Star in the league.  

Paul Millsap is pretty good.  
I don't know much about CJ Miles or Corey Brewer, but from what I heard they're good players - just give em time.    
And Dee Brown could be a legit backup PG in the league (maybe even a starter) but I don't think he will be an All-Star.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: