Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Livingston  (Read 8561 times)
a-dre
Benchwarmer

Respect: 0

« on: September 23, 2006, 08:39:44 am »

do you see him taking his game to another level this season?
Coloma
Undrafted

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2006, 10:26:54 am »

Quote from: "a-dre"

No. His high level will apear when Sam Casell will leave the clippers i think... hi posseses a lot of talent but with Casell is impossible to see that.
legenderypete
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2006, 01:32:22 pm »

hmm not sure he needs minutes to prove his worth and all his numbers decreased from his rookie year, but minutes is the Key. He has talent but i have an feelin he never be as good as he was first predicted
t-mac357
Hall of Famer

Respect: +227

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2006, 08:04:59 pm »

Quote from: "Coloma"

No. His high level will apear when Sam Casell will leave the clippers i think... hi posseses a lot of talent but with Casell is impossible to see that.

i agree, as long as cassell is there he will not be able to reach his potential, there is no rush though, the kid is really young

a-dre
Benchwarmer

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2006, 04:55:47 am »

Quote from: "legenderypete"
hmm not sure he needs minutes to prove his worth and all his numbers decreased from his rookie year, but minutes is the Key. He has talent but i have an feelin he never be as good as he was first predicted

yeah, that's what i was thinkin too. but he's pretty decent now. he can run the offense and is actually pretty good at D. saw this Clips-lakers game last season i think where he actually did a good job on Kobe.
saleem
Starter

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2006, 01:51:55 am »

yeah, that's what i was thinkin too. but he's pretty decent now. he can run the offense and is actually pretty good at D. saw this Clips-lakers game last season i think where he actually did a good job on Kobe.
Cheesy  :lol:  Which game was that? The one where Kobe scored 36, 38, 39, or 50?

"..Yeah, but...$5 bucks..."
a-dre
Benchwarmer

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2006, 04:46:51 am »

Quote from: "saleem"

Cheesy  :lol:  Which game was that? The one where Kobe scored 36, 38, 39, or 50?

i think it was the 36. it was this game where the Clips lost by a few points. Livingston covered him for a good stretch in the 4th quarter and held him to 0-4 shooting.

quit kissing Kobe's ***.
saleem
Starter

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2006, 12:19:09 am »

Please. Just so you know I am one of the few posters in this forum that is realistic about Kobe. I just think it funny that you used (by your own admission) 8 minutes of D  in a Clippers loss to prop up Livingston.  :lol: And by the way I was at that game and Livingston didn't guard Kobe when the game was in question.  Cool

(How is it @ss kissing when I point out that they never held him below his average in any of the games they faced him last season? Basically I'm saying "If you have a problem with Kobe, why did you bring him up?)

:arrow: Truth is I saw Sean play in 6 games last year and he was up and down on defense all season. He has an obvious size advantage that he is not agressive in using. But he is definitely unique and tantalizing at his position. I am not sure that Cassell's prescence has helped his development. I think he is comfortable out of the spotlight. He needs to be challenged to lead this year.

t-mac357
Hall of Famer

Respect: +227

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2006, 12:30:09 am »

pimp slapped, with the fact, i know that hurt

Journeyman

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2006, 02:33:52 pm »

Maybe is better that Clippers have Cassell and that he will see less minutes on the court. He is injury prone and I do not belive he can play 82 games with more than 30 minutes per game.
cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2791

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2006, 03:17:26 pm »

As been said, he will take it up a notch when Cassell (finally) retires/leaves. Livingston needs to work on his jump shot. As for defense, I believe 'a-dre' was just trying to come up with something without proof there, Livingston is an alright defender but lol Kobe , come on.

Soon....
a-dre
Benchwarmer

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2006, 06:49:29 pm »

I said a stretch in the fourth didn't I? I mean if i was gonna give an example, why not the best scorer in the league? And he was quoted post game that he wanted to cover Kobe the whole fourth, it was Mike who took him off.

He was up and down, but he's good at D when motivated as that Kobe thing showed. We all know Kobe turns it up in the 4th, 8 minutes of 0-4 isn't that bad.

I'm not sayin that he can lockdown Kobe, I'm just sayin he's good on D.
So you boys calm down ok?

Damn! bringing up Kobe is like opening up a can of worms. And for the record, I like Kobe as a player. those 81 points got my attention.

Without proof? saleem admitted he saw that game. get off my case 'csLESBY'.
saleem
Starter

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2006, 07:21:09 pm »

I said a stretch in the fourth didn't I? I mean if i was gonna give an example, why not the best scorer in the league? And he was quoted post game that he wanted to cover Kobe the whole fourth, it was Mike who took him off.

He was up and down, but he's good at D when motivated as that Kobe thing showed. We all know Kobe turns it up in the 4th, 8 minutes of 0-4 isn't that bad.

I'm not sayin that he can lockdown Kobe, I'm just sayin he's good on D.
So you boys calm down ok?

Damn! bringing up Kobe is like opening up a can of worms. And for the record, I like Kobe as a player. those 81 points got my attention.

Without proof? saleem admitted he saw that game. get off my case 'csLESBY'.
I can't speak for every one but I'm pretty calm.  Smiley

And back to the point. If he's as you say "up and down" and good at "D" when motivated.... Then he's not good at D. Consistency comes with the label of being a good defender. That's what my counterpoint is all about. Nothing personal just opinion. :wink:  

cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2791

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2006, 08:21:25 pm »

'csLESBY'.

thats very mature.

Soon....
a-dre
Benchwarmer

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2006, 09:00:49 pm »

I can't speak for every one but I'm pretty calm.  Smiley

And back to the point. If he's as you say "up and down" and good at "D" when motivated.... Then he's not good at D. Consistency comes with the label of being a good defender. That's what my counterpoint is all about. Nothing personal just opinion. :wink:  

That lack of consistency is a good point, but he can turn it up if he's motivated so that's a good sign of what he can do.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Jump to: