Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jason Hart earns spot on Clippers  (Read 1625 times)
sulingman
MVP

WINNING AND GRINNING

Respect: +700

« on: March 31, 2007, 05:45:28 am »

Has Jason Hart earned a roster spot on the Clips next year, or what?
He had some poor outings early, but as of this moment he's giving us some of the best point guard play we've had all year.  Looks like we might even be able to get into the Playoffs...

BUT WE NEED THAT 7th SEED, guys!

Also, has Tim Thomas proven he was a critical signing, or what?  This is about the best year he's ever had, except MAYBE one or two in Milwaukee.  In particular, his defense and ball movement, his team play in general is as good or better than its ever been.  His post up game isn't what it used to be, but that's probably because he's been wanted at the three point line for his past few teams.

Also, without Cassell there every day, making the game easier for Brand and Mobley, has Maggette proven that we need him to start to make things easier for the whole team on the offensive end, or what?

Next year, with Maggette starting, Thomas firmly entrenched as the sixth man, and J Hart getting a lot of minutes at the point, the Clips could be good again.  Hopefully they add Baby Shaq.

But this year, if they grab the 7th seed, and it looks like they should do it, having an easier schedule remaining than the Nuggets, they can have a nice little run in the playoffs.  Of course, if they get in as the 8th seed, they'll look like they're far from contenders, but the Mavs will do that to most teams.

If we can beat Denver when they make that last visit to L.A., we should get our rematch with the Suns, and the Clips will give them a good challenge, maybe even win the series, however unlikely.  GS might even be able to sneak past Denver and into the playoffs, as long as our Clips pull off a couple critical wins.

"MO MONEY, MO QUANDARIES"
legenderypete
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2007, 06:59:06 am »

hart is a solid point guard, he was when he played for the bobcats and is more of a pass first who can hit open jumpers. Plus he gettin the ball more to the big men, while cassell hasnt been at his best this season
saleem
Starter

Respect: 0

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2007, 08:27:11 pm »

Hart has definitely earned an extension with the Clippers at the very least. He has been an incredible pickup for their injured backcourt.

"..Yeah, but...$5 bucks..."
sulingman
MVP

WINNING AND GRINNING

Respect: +700

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2007, 11:57:22 pm »

A.I. knew what time it was.  

I hope next year we have a different frame of mind with Maggette.  His athleticism helps on the defensive end, I think.  Gotta love Mobley, but it cost us this year: that coach trusts Mobley soooo much more than Maggette.  From where I'm sitting, Mobley always got his through presence of mind, letting the game come to him.  Get the ball in Corey's hands as Coach Karl did with A.I., set picks for Corey... we had more time to do that but left Maggette with too little time to offset AI's brilliance.  We had good defense, but Ross and Maggette together on the court more, with Corey and Elton on one side on the offense (with the ball), could have helped with seeding.

In sum, Mobley's a keeper, steady every night; and Corey can actually step up to a 'Melo's level when he's matched up to a star.  Commit to that.

"MO MONEY, MO QUANDARIES"
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: