Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: baron davis opting out??  (Read 3599 times)
baaf
Starter

Respect: +1

« on: April 05, 2008, 11:42:28 am »

if GSW doesnt make the playoffs do you see davis opting out of his contract to sign/sign and trade with another team??

the only teams that can afford a 13-16mil per year are phili and memphis...

memphis is a long shot, maybe if they get beasley they will be a last resort or something like that.

phili has a D big man in SD and two young wing players (young and iggy), if they get a PG like davis they can be a top 3-4 team in the east easily.
if they sign him they can trade andre miller for a decent scoring big man or another nice player.

more options pop up if we include players that can opt out, if maggette opts out and brand remains a clipper the clippers will have about 12mil to spend... if they want to snag davis and actually be a decent playoff team they will also need to give up shawn livingston, imo if that gets them davis they shouldnt think about it too much.

another option -although too farfitched- is that if marion opts out that REALLY MAKES THE MARKET EXPLODE..... ANY FA WILL KILL TO JOIN A WADE-BEASLEY + max contract.

another options can come up in the form of sign and trade... it depends on what doesn GSW want in return!!
i think a marion/davis swap is possible...

i cant think of other options right now but if i can come up with something new i'll post it.

sig by trixx
SoccerMom
Journeyman

Respect: 0

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 04:59:07 pm »

no, put this in the gsw thread thanks.
tong
MVP

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 05:03:34 pm »

yeah, um, baron's not going anywhere. and if baron gets traded, there will be a lynch mob outside of mulson's door.

zunami23
Hall of Famer

Respect: +1312

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2008, 05:04:49 pm »

Nah he won't. Memphis would be plain stupid for him and Philly's chemistry comes mostly from Andre Miller.
miamisolecollector
Starter

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2008, 05:46:11 pm »

The only places that makes sense of Baron Davis to to go are the LA Clippers and Sacramento Kings, with both Maggette and Artest opting out should give both teams enough cap space to sign B Diddy.

LA Clippers would be the best fit because all the Clippers need is a PG. The have a great front line in Brand and Kaman. And the Clips can afford to let Maggette go with the great rookie play from Al Thorton. So the only other position that might be weak for LA is the SG, with aging Cuttino Mobley, but remember the Clips have a top 10 pick so an OJ Mayo or Eric Gordon can fill in the SG and give the Clips a very solid starting 5. With two veterans on the bench, in Mobley and Tim Thomas.

But Baron Davis is going to stay put in Oak-Town and wont opt this year and let the Warriors sign Monta and Biedrins back and take care of Baron next year. It looks like Baron likes the town, team, teammates, coach, fans, system, so I dont see him ever leaving.

GDOwl123
Undrafted

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2008, 07:20:40 pm »

The guy is playing on a great team that can win 50 games, he's been relatively healthy with no serious injuries and that style certainly suits him, and finally if all their main FA stay, i dont see why you'd want to leave.
Pervis Ellison
a.k.a. kinghandles & thegloriousbasterd & Mr.Rings & Chandler & BRUCE XY & duncan-ginobilifan & airball & Kingdomcum
MVP

Respect: +2

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2008, 12:45:36 am »

baron will stay a warrior. unless they could get a big man for him. monta ellis can run the point

a spurs, knicks, greg oden fan
Dynasty
MVP

Respect: +788

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2008, 12:09:02 pm »

Baron should stay in Golden State.  He has a good thing there, the fans love him, and he has a coach in Don Nelson who has complete trust in him and gives him the freedom to do anything he wants.  I just wish Golden State's owner has learned from the Gilbert Arenas situation and is willing to go over the luxury tax because they could be a really, really good team next year and beyond.
nepg
Journeyman

Respect: +2

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2008, 12:19:19 pm »

He should stay in GS, but it's gotta be tempting to go home if the Clippers can't keep Elton Brand...
tong
MVP

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2008, 06:30:00 pm »

Uh, yeah, no.

Skippy
a.k.a. superCoolBeas & slapCHOP & Dwyane & Skipster & Metta World Peace
Hall of Famer

LIKE A BOSS

Respect: +950

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2008, 01:55:00 am »

Quote from: "atong518"
Uh, yeah, no.

LET'S GO HEAT.
naptown
Star

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2008, 03:46:55 pm »

Quote from: "kingdumcome"
baron will stay a warrior. unless they could get a big man for him. monta ellis can run the point
I don't think he can he's a 2 man he gets assist but run a team don't know
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: