Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 5 stupid reasons why I think Ford is getting traded next yr.  (Read 4858 times)
Zad
Star

Respect: +3

« on: April 12, 2008, 12:19:55 pm »

5)People think he's a flashy/selfish player

4)He scores more than assists

3)Not many American immigrants are fan of the Raptors..

2)He looks like he's miserable when he gets taken out

1)Media and Raptors marketing doesnt like him as much as they like Calderon..Example is the Calderon lovefest at ACC games :lol::lol::lol:
Raptor182
Journeyman

Respect: 0

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2008, 12:28:11 pm »

And the fact that the Raptors don't want to highly paid starting point guards and Calderon has proved himself worth of the starting point guard role on this team and the contract that comes with it.

Pistol55
Star

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2008, 12:53:54 pm »

Lets also not forget the fact that Calderon is 10x better.
MoGrady
Hall of Famer

Air Canada Carter

Respect: +1031

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2008, 02:24:40 pm »

Quote from: "Pistol55"

10X better overall? Don't think so. TJ Ford is the better player than Calderon. Calderon is just a better fit for the Raptors. TJ Ford just doesn't really fit in our system. If we see "Good TJ" More often I'll say Ford is 10x better than Calderon. Ford is an inconsistent scorer, and when he's our second option on the offensive end you know something is wrong. Ford is still a better scorer than Calderon and when it comes to playmaking Ford is very underrated. Don't get me wrong Calderon is better but Ford is also a very good playmaker.

So again..

Ford is the better player. Calderon is the better fit.

I think your being unfair and unrealistic.

Thank you Turbozone, BBYao for the sigs.
Raptor182
Journeyman

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2008, 02:38:08 pm »

Quote from: "mohammad_baller_tmac"
Quote from: "Pistol55"

10X better overall? Don't think so. TJ Ford is the better player than Calderon. Calderon is just a better fit for the Raptors. TJ Ford just doesn't really fit in our system. If we see "Good TJ" More often I'll say Ford is 10x better than Calderon. Ford is an inconsistent scorer, and when he's our second option on the offensive end you know something is wrong. Ford is still a better scorer than Calderon and when it comes to playmaking Ford is very underrated. Don't get me wrong Calderon is better but Ford is also a very good playmaker.

So again..

Ford is the better player. Calderon is the better fit.

I think your being unfair and unrealistic.

I agree completely.

Pistol55
Star

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2008, 03:11:18 pm »

No I'm pretty sure Calderon is better almost made the all star team this year. Ford has never come close.
Raptor182
Journeyman

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2008, 03:13:14 pm »

Considering that Ford was injured and was pretty unavoidable on his part...

Big Fundemental
Starter

Respect: +39

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2008, 03:44:29 pm »

Whoa, Whoa, Whoa, I'll concede that Ford's a talented player and should be a starting point guard in this league, but...10 times better than Calderon? Under what criteria is that the case? Unless this is just an effort to counteract the irrational hatred of Ford and irrational love of Calderon because of their personalities. Like I dunno, I guess since now people are on the Calderon bandwaggon it's cool to like TJ or something, but like 10 times better?
Raptor182
Journeyman

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2008, 04:07:37 pm »

Overall, Ford is the better player. I do like Ford, but Calderon is a better fit for the team.

Zad
Star

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2008, 04:17:43 pm »

i dunno about better fit,but ball movement was more aggressive with TJ IMO.Either way the team will change and I rather give up the worst unproductive players than the proven productive ones.Half the roster can be improved upon and I think should be considered to trade first..Joey,Kapono and Moon.Unfortunately, the 5 reasons above might be a factor no matter how stupid I think it is.

I still want to know why Calderon thinks Ford should be the starter.
Big Fundemental
Starter

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2008, 04:18:12 pm »

Under which criteria is that the case? Certainly not amount of wins, as there is a 13 game disparity between games Ford plays and games Ford doesn't. Certainly not passing ability, because despite the fact Ford is a player who's passes lead to assists directly and not to advanced ball movement, while Calderon is the inverse, Jose manages to average more assists. Certainly not shooting, as evidenced by Calderon's substancial advantage in field goal percentage, free throw percentage and 3 point field goal percentage. Certainly not defense, while I cannot base my analysis on hard facts, Fords propensity to gamble on defense leaves his man unguarded, while Calderon usually plays more of a conservitive style, which is less flashy but more consistantly effective. Certainly not team running ability, as Ford's primary offensive weapon is a fade away jumper after an iscolation play, whereas Calderon's is a high screen roll with the option of corner options off of the two man game. Rebounding gives an advantage to Calderon, but given the more minutes he's played I feel that to be negligable. Certainly not resistance to injury, as Ford has missed substancial periods of time in his career and Calderon has been mostly injury free. I'm not saying for sure that Calderon's better, but as it appears to me, it'd be hard to make a case for Ford.
PaintinDaTownRed
Benchwarmer

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2008, 04:43:29 pm »

Quote from: "Big Fundemental"
I cannot base my analysis on facts.

That was a good analysis... maybe not agree with you completely but at least you make good, rational points.
id stay away from statements like the above though. lol.
well said none-the-less

Big Fundemental
Starter

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2008, 05:03:10 pm »

Yeah by facts I mean stats, horribly worded admittedly.
AirForceNone
All-Star

Respect: +18

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2008, 06:57:56 pm »

One good reason he should be traded:

1) He doesn't fit the team.

Zad
Star

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2008, 07:07:17 pm »

maybe because of the coach and the team's talent pool..then again it worked last year..is it him who doesnt fit,the newly signed players(consistency and what not)or its the coach who cant figure out on how to make him fit.

Him not fitting is very debatable
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Jump to: