Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 5 stupid reasons why I think Ford is getting traded next yr.  (Read 4881 times)
Big Fundemental
Starter

Respect: +39

« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2008, 07:20:59 pm »

I think Sam Mitchell was responsible for the Holocaust too.
whatcanisay
Journeyman

Respect: 0

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2008, 07:27:46 pm »

for all this tj ford thing, but no one is thinking that kapono have just as good of a chance of getting traded, but no one talks about kapono.

Prime Time
MVP

Prime Time Productions

Respect: +2

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2008, 09:42:09 pm »

Kopono is getting traded. I want him to get traded. We're paying him a mid level kind of contract and he's on the bench. Moe Pete did way more than him. I hate the fact he's wearing the same the number as Moe Pete.

gavascgar
Undrafted

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2008, 12:05:44 am »

It may have less to do with Ford not fitting our system and more with the fact that Calderon fits our system better.

And as for Kapono, I feel bad for the guy. I still believe his the best 3 point shooter in the league. He for sure doesn't fit our system. I mean we already had Parker, then Defino and Moon come out of no where. His become so stereotyped, every defense plays him on the shot and they should.

Unless we get a legitimate 20+ slasher who will command a double team, like a J rich or a K mart type to open up the floor, Kapono will ride the bench.  

One good thing is that Ford and Kapono will garnish some nice value this off season.

Block is Easy.
j-will87
Journeyman

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2008, 10:06:19 pm »

The problem with the entire situation is how equally effective they both are. One of the toughest managerial situations in all of basketball right now.
Zad
Star

Respect: +3

« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2008, 04:51:43 am »

If I was manager I dont have a choice but to trade one of them(IMO we can keep both and trade others), think the objective thing to do is to trade the one that can get the most return.
Big Fundemental
Starter

« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2008, 12:17:20 pm »

Quote from: "Zad"
If I was manager I dont have a choice but to trade one of them(IMO we can keep both and trade others), think the objective thing to do is to trade the one that can get the most return.

Unless that makes your team worse overall. I understand what you're saying but if you hold Calderon to be better, and what you get for him isn't greater than what you're giving up, don't trade him. Same can be said for Ford. If one is viewed to be significantly better than the other and yet the trade value between the two is not significant, trade the worse player.
Zad
Star

« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2008, 02:10:09 pm »

I think theyre about the same for the system and players that they play with.Either way if the management think a trade is the only solution then it has to be the one where they can get the most return instead of the one that is popular Cheesy
Big Fundemental
Starter

« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2008, 02:16:21 pm »

Agreed wholeheartedly, I was basically playing devil's advocate. I think they're fine no matter what they do, so long as they don't have one backing up the other. I think actually a permanent two pg lineup could work.
Zad
Star

« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2008, 02:22:46 pm »

Yup Calderon is great on perimeter offense and Ford slashing in..They both take care of the ball well too.Its very well possible if they have a strong Center to cover the paint
Big Fundemental
Starter

« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2008, 06:21:00 pm »

Agreed. Teams with Iverson for example commonly go to a two point guard configuration and it's effective. The same can be said with Davis/Ellis in Golden State and Nash/Barbosa in Phoenix. I just think that if you hold Jose and TJ to be two of the top players on the team, each should be playing more than 25 minutes.
gavascgar
Undrafted

« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2008, 10:38:28 pm »

Quote from: "Zad"
Yup Calderon is great on perimeter offense and Ford slashing in..They both take care of the ball well too.Its very well possible if they have a strong Center to cover the paint

That becomes a huge defensive liability any way you look at it.

Block is Easy.
PaintinDaTownRed
Benchwarmer

« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2008, 10:52:09 am »

Quote from: "Big Fundemental"
Agreed. Teams with Iverson for example commonly go to a two point guard configuration and it's effective. The same can be said with Davis/Ellis in Golden State and Nash/Barbosa in Phoenix. I just think that if you hold Jose and TJ to be two of the top players on the team, each should be playing more than 25 minutes.

Yeah that makes sense, and if you notice a lot of those teams that do use the 2 guard option do very well and are in the western conference which, im sure we can all agree on, just has better teams playing at a higher level right now, maybe they're on to something?
Size is a factor on D tho, for the raps to employ the 2 guards system with both of them on the floor at the same time, it would have to be viable in terms of them being up against relatively smaller players.
Contracts could also come into play next year tho, Im sure BC will get Jose locked up, but with TJ taking about 8 mil? Im sure Jose's agent would command a similar amount, and he deserves it. We have too many average sg/sf combo players and we do need to move two or more of them to make some room for a good free agent.

Zad
Star

« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2008, 11:00:25 am »

The guy that I see that might be a good candidate without disrupting much on the team is Parker.His contract will be expiring next year which is a huge selling point
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Jump to: