Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: How many years before the Wolves are a playoff team again?  (Voting closed: April 17, 2008, 12:49:35 am)
Next season - 1 (25%)
2-3 years - 0 (0%)
4-5 years - 2 (50%)
6-8 years - 1 (25%)
not going to happen again - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 4

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: working through things on screen, comment if you like  (Read 2605 times)
BC Beneke
Journeyman

Respect: 0

« on: April 17, 2008, 12:49:35 am »

Kevin McHale's track record is about as pretty as Isaiah Thomas, and Matt Millen (detroit lions) combined.

Grading him out.

Drafting  D-
Hiring a staff F
trades D- (improved from an F)
signing free agents FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF (has never signed a good free agent!)
Judging his own team's talents FFFFFFFF  This is shown by the horrible contracts he has given his players.

Randy Wittman's winning percentages (approximately)  .352, .337, .286, .273

He has found a way to get worse.  The one game you needed him to lose, they play McCants, Gomes, Foye, and Al Jefferson 30 minutes with Buckner, Doleac, and Maddog on the bench.

I have not seen anything that should save Wittman's job, and I think that anyone at this point in time who thinks that Kevin McHale still deserves to have a job in the NBA let alone as a GM is someone who had better explain to me in great detail how he deserves his job.

I just don't know what to think... this team is bad, and it's going to be bad unless it gets Derrick Rose for a very long time.

Gomes, Smith, Telfair, Richard, and Snyder are all restricted Free Agents, and resigning any one of them is going to cause us to be at the cap mark... Gomes is the only one I would sign if you can get him for less than 3.5 a year. There is no need to keep Smith or Richard unless it's at league minimum because with the 1st and 3rd/4th pick in the 2nd round we should be able to get DJ White and Joey Dorsey who would fill those two roles and make us better.  Maybe OSIK the 7ft Euro center???

Best case senerio the Wolves get Rose, White and Dorsey (my opinion)

Jefferson Madsen, Dorsey
Gomes, White
Brewer, Walker, Buckner
Foye, McCants
Rose, Jaric

I cannot come up with a senerio that envolves McHale and Wittman and the Playoffs.  I think I could cure Cancer and/or AIDS before seeing a senerio with Wittman/McHale and the Wolves in the playoffs ever.

Jesus christ, this is horribly depressing.  Can someone cheer me up?

Thanks,

BC Beneke
94by50
Star

Respect: +1

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2008, 01:07:18 am »

Hey, it's baseball season!  At least you guys still have Torii... I mean, you still have Johan... well, Justin Morneau and Joe Mauer are still there.

I wish I had good news for you.  The Wolves won't be anything until that blockhead Taylor gets half a clue and stays out of his GM's way.  I don't think McHale's that much of a dip - if he really were, Taylor would have canned his *** a while back.  Instead, it smells like Taylor's hand is in every last bad deal the team's made since Garnett first came on board.

Firing Dwane Casey was unthinkable in the first place, considering that he had the Wolves playing .500 ball with Garnett and 11 D-Leaguers.

Not making any under-the-table deals that cost the team draft picks would help.

Skippy
a.k.a. superCoolBeas & slapCHOP & Dwyane & Skipster & Metta World Peace
Hall of Famer

LIKE A BOSS

Respect: +950

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2008, 01:54:21 am »

How many years before the Wolves are a playoff team again?
  Next season
  2-3 years
  4-5 years
  6-8 years
  not going to happen again

being the lowest and forever being the highest.

LET'S GO HEAT.
czaras
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2008, 09:23:13 am »

Quote from: "Dwyane"
How many years before the Wolves are a playoff team again?
  Next season
  2-3 years
  4-5 years
  6-8 years
  not going to happen again

being the lowest and forever being the highest.

As realistic as you getting Derrick Rose and then turning him, D-Whistle and Shawn "can't play 1on1" Marion into a "dynasty". Tongue

I say 2-3 years. Not because we'll get that good so fast. The Wolves will improve. No matter who we get with the top-5 pick, Rose, Mayo, Beasley or Lopez... this is going to be a very good player. We have Big Al, who is an All-Star waiting to happen. We have Foye, who finally healthy is dropping 20 and 6 on the opposition every night.

Still, that's no big jump.

But the West is growing older. Dallas literally imploded their future with the Kidd trade, Spurs are oldies, AI isn't getting any younger in Denver and the Nash/Shaq combo is a combined what... 70 years?

Yao and T-Mac are so injury prone it's not funny.

Those teams' reign as the West elite will end during the next 2-3 years, and that's a chance for the Wolves. NOH will own us every time, we somehow know how to play against Utah (just put Big Al on Okur) and GSW will have problems of their own. I see us making the playoffs as early as the 2009/2010 season.

Wittman... I didn't mind him leading the Wolves this season. Not that we needed wins. But a three year extension?! Taylor is paying 3 coaches currently! Saunders, Casey and Wittman. Sheesh. McHale, hate him or not, he just hasn't done the job correctly. 1 good move for 5 bad ones is a horrible statistic. Now is the time to let someone else rebuild this team. And no, not Freddie Hoiberg. I'd like someone far more experienced.
Skippy
Hall of Famer

LIKE A BOSS

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2008, 06:28:26 pm »

czar, Dont ya think it's better to tank 5 *** years and get a derrick rose a demar derozan and other bunch of guys???

Tongue

what if the right offer comes for al eff, the centerpiece of the kg deal when you couldve gotten noah,deng and nocioni...

LET'S GO HEAT.
czaras
All-Star

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2008, 04:01:51 am »

czar, Dont ya think it's better to tank 5 ***** years and get a derrick rose a demar derozan and other bunch of guys???

Tongue

what if the right offer comes for al eff, the centerpiece of the kg deal when you couldve gotten noah,deng and nocioni...

Noah, Deng and Nocioni... nah. I'll pass. Noah, Deng and Hinrich - yessir. We'll throw 'Toine to balance it out. Cheesy

As for what you wrote in the beggining; look at the Hawks. They accumulated high draft picks for what, 5 years in a row? And still they had to
a) sign Joe Johnson to the max
b) trade for Mike Bibby

to be a sub-.500 team who makes the 8th seed. Yeah, I know they'll be better next season but they are a perfet example that a couple of high-school/college phenoms won't cut it by themselves. I mean, Knight was an idiot for 5 years, where the only players he could draft were 6'9" combo forwards but he got his act together this year by pulling the Bibby trade off.
Skippy
Hall of Famer

LIKE A BOSS

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2008, 04:08:47 am »

Portland: LaMarcus Aldridge, Brandon Roy, Greg Oden and what, beasley??? tsk...

LET'S GO HEAT.
czaras
All-Star

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2008, 04:16:13 am »

Portland: LaMarcus Aldridge, Brandon Roy, Greg Oden and what, beasley??? tsk...

...Joel Przybilla, Steve Blake, James Jones.

See? Good vets to help the youngsters.
naptown
Star

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2008, 04:08:42 pm »

in the west a long time
BC Beneke
Journeyman

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2008, 04:39:50 pm »

I tend to think it's going to be about 3 years after McHale is gone.

Thanks,

BC Beneke
Dice Dice Baby!!
MVP

Twitter: @WholeEffeinShow

Respect: +723

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2008, 03:46:39 pm »

4-5 Years.

RIP Madawg
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: