Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: In a Perfect world who would replace McHale, and Wittman?  (Read 4708 times)
BC Beneke
Journeyman

Respect: 0

« on: April 20, 2008, 02:45:04 am »

I've been complaining about getting rid of these two idiots for a long time.  Now I'm trying to come up with great people to replace them with.  Now besides bashing my ideas on the people... come up with some others and why they would do well here. please.

VP/GM - Kevin Prichard (portland)
Assistant GM - Dell Demps (Spurs)
Director of pro player personel - (can't think of his name from Toronto)
Head Scout - Mike Wells (Spurs)
Euro Scout - Alvydas Pazdrazdis (Dallas)

Head Coach - Scott Skiles
Assistant coaches - Bill Lambier, Eric Musselman, Phil Webber, Fred Hoiberg,

Now I know we would have to pay out the  astrix to get a lot of those people into those positions, but you pay to win, and those are all proven winners, and in Lambier and Mussleman and Skiles those are all 3 guys who I wouldn't mind seeing as the Head Coach for this team.

Thanks,

BC Beneke
czaras
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2008, 03:33:28 am »

The Toronto guy is Maurizio Gherardini I believe?

I can't be bothered by all those positions, since they're mainly chosen by the guy who gets to run the team, so I'm going to choose him (with the exception of retaining Freddie Hoiberg as assistant GM);

Coach:
- John Calipari (especially if we draft Rose and/or Dorsey) if not...
- Rick Carlisle
main assistant: Dwane Casey (altough he won't accept being assistant)

GM: Billy King (you'll say wtf, but a) he's without a job for the time being b) he proved his last year in Philly he can handle rebuilding teams)
BC Beneke
Journeyman

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2008, 04:37:20 am »

I like your list.

I went in depth because I'm all about changing the entire organization.  I like keeping Fred around because he's a really nice guy.  I got to meet him a few times, and I also think that he would do wonders on the bench with guys like McCants, and Foye when it comes to working the perimeter.

The Euro-scout I did some research on and he not only brought in Dirk, but also did some asian scouting as well for the Mavs.  The Wolves have sucked with not US born players, and well they haven't done so well with Americans either.

I picked the best people in the best organizations there after, and yeah you got the right guy from Toronto.  His name escaped me.

I want to see this team with new blood so badly the idea of them spilling the old blood doesn't bother me at all.  

I've become such an anti McHale guy over the years that I even made the comment that I wished this was south american soccer where a GM of his stature would be taken care of properly.  That was maybe the meanest thing I've ever said about him in all these years, and it didn't even phase me.  

I've flushed toilets that said goodbye to more talent than McHale has at his job.  And smelled better than he does at his job as well.

And rather than just being MR. Angry all the time.  I wanted to show that I was thinking more outside the box.  Besides right now with drafting the guy from Portland would be the very best in the business.  He drafts and trades as well as anyone I've ever seen.  And I'm not counting Oden because that was a slam dunk.

I'm hoping for DJ White nad Joey Dorsey with the two 2nd round picks, but do you know anything about that Orsik guy than I can find on the mock draft pages?

It's also gotten so bad with this basketball thing for me that I dreamt the Wolves got the 2nd pick and took Gordon.  That's how freaking horrible I think of McHale.

Thanks,

BC Beneke
czaras
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2008, 04:46:16 pm »

His name is Omer Asik I believe. He's 6'11, a bit lanky (225?) and is averaging 7.8ppg 5.5rpg 2.1bpg in the Euroleague this season. I could find the turkish league stats, but since Euroleague is tougher competition those should suffice. Seems pretty raw (he's only 21, born in 1986) but from his stats he seems a defensive C and a decent shot-blocker. Yeah, we could use him, has good size too. I bet he'll grow to 7ft.
BC Beneke
Journeyman

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2008, 07:12:59 pm »

You can't teach size with Asik has (sorry for the butchering of his name).

But Dorsey could be in the realm between Paul Milsaap and Ben Wallace.

I also like DJ White or Ryan Anderson.

I do believe that at least one of those three guys will be available. with the 31st pick.

Did you listen to McHale's state of the Team end of the season comments.  He is so arrogant, and so stupid...  

I swear when they brought up the draft he just kind of said "we'll get a player or two"  And when talking about the core of the franchise.  "well, ahhh, with 8-9 young guys you can't expect them to all gel over night, and no one thought we'd have these 8-9 guys for 8-10 years.  That just doesn't happen

Thanks,

BC Beneke
rye
a.k.a. ryecyd
Hall of Famer

You don't like me? Well... I dont give a f*ck!

Respect: +637

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2008, 10:58:06 pm »

how bout isiah thomas?

Quote from: brianskinner=gay
he is a *** he is a theif he recently stole jewlery from my sister amounting to significant dollars american folks.  He like i said before is a ***.  Is it my sisters fault he is a no life drunk who can't even dunk the damn ball.  He has no money so he resorts to stealing from young women.  Once again he is a ***.  He should be stopped. Anybody knowing brian skinner should tell him he is a ***.  Tell brian skinner he needs to get a life, i tried using him on nba 2k9 but he is horrible he should just quit now and
BC Beneke
Journeyman

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2008, 11:27:37 pm »

what a *** comment on your part.

That was so far from funny that I just lost any respect I could ever have for you.

Enjoy supporting your Miami Quitters.

Thanks,

BC Beneke
BC Beneke
Journeyman

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2008, 11:28:57 pm »

and your kobe the rapists in LA!

The Wolves HAD the greatest player in the NBA and pissed away his career with McHale.

To even bring up Isaiah Thomas wasn't even funny.

Thanks,

BC Beneke
Skippy
a.k.a. superCoolBeas & slapCHOP & Dwyane & Skipster & Metta World Peace
Hall of Famer

LIKE A BOSS

Respect: +950

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2008, 11:53:00 pm »

Quote from: "ryecyd"
how bout isiah thomas?

Nah really I have to agree with Beneke, you always post a funny thing, then if someone responds, you say "joke"

But let me tell you, life is no joke bud, even if this is a basketball internet forum, act that you have knowledge on the game of basketball.

Coach, hmmm ASSISTANT of boston??
Scott Skiles (altough I cant imagine it)
JVG (Blur?)
Carlisle
How bout Wilkens???

And for GM, Postive that czaras, or even the othet guy MIL pursued for (cant remember name)

And guys, what if all of the sudden Avery gets fired??

LET'S GO HEAT.
rye
a.k.a. ryecyd
Hall of Famer

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2008, 04:54:10 am »

lol that was obviously a joke, you guys are too serious..i obviosly hate to see thomas ever again as a team exec.the guy might trade al jefferson and foye for smush parker, cuttino mobley and brevin knight, so no.
he also might sign luke jackson a max contract

seriously,, i'd love to see skiles as coach of this club. he led the young bulls of deng, kirk and gordon in the playoffs before, and so can he lead big al, mccants and foye and the next first rounder (who i hope is not an upset like brewer is) but i'm telling you that its a tough western conference....

he is a *** he is a theif he recently stole jewlery from my sister amounting to significant dollars american folks.  He like i said before is a ***.  Is it my sisters fault he is a no life drunk who can't even dunk the damn ball.  He has no money so he resorts to stealing from young women.  Once again he is a ***.  He should be stopped. Anybody knowing brian skinner should tell him he is a ***.  Tell brian skinner he needs to get a life, i tried using him on nba 2k9 but he is horrible he should just quit now and
Skippy
Hall of Famer

LIKE A BOSS

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2008, 05:01:45 am »

Quote from: "ryecyd"
lol that was obviously a joke, you guys rae too serious..

seriously,, i'd love to see skiles as coach of this club. he led the young bulls of deng, kirk and gordon in the playoffs before, and so can he lead big al, mccants and foye and the next first rounder (who i hope is not an upset like brewer is) but i'm telling you that its a tough western conference....

I know that sweetheart, and my post is an oxymoron post.

LET'S GO HEAT.
czaras
All-Star

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2008, 11:41:18 am »

Nah, Avery's drill-sergeant ways are not good here. We've got too many egos on this team (namely McCants, disgruntled Walker etc.). Wittman is a drill-sergeant in his own, and he feuds with McCants daily. Those guys need a coach who can trick them into thinking they're playing their way, while they're still in his system.

Skiles would be nice, if he could make Ben Gordon a team player, he could do the same with McCants. Buuut he's going to sign with Milwaukee like tommorrow.

OH AND LUCKILY! Larry Harris, one of the worst GMs is the front-runner for Isiah's old spot as Knicks GM. Haha! Eat that Knicks! This is the guy who traded TJ Ford for Charlie V and signed the likes of Simmons and Gadzuric to multiyear deals. Hah, good riddance.
Skippy
Hall of Famer

LIKE A BOSS

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2008, 05:43:33 pm »

^^^Cuteypie, Skiles Signed with the Bucks.

Remaining:

-Mike Fratello
-Larry Brown
-Others lol

LET'S GO HEAT.
rye
a.k.a. ryecyd
Hall of Famer

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2008, 06:34:21 pm »

Quote from: "czaras"
Nah, Avery's drill-sergeant ways are not good here. We've got too many egos on this team (namely McCants, disgruntled Walker etc.). Wittman is a drill-sergeant in his own, and he feuds with McCants daily. Those guys need a coach who can trick them into thinking they're playing their way, while they're still in his system.

Skiles would be nice, if he could make Ben Gordon a team player, he could do the same with McCants. Buuut he's going to sign with Milwaukee like tommorrow.

OH AND LUCKILY! Larry Harris, one of the worst GMs is the front-runner for Isiah's old spot as Knicks GM. Haha! Eat that Knicks! This is the guy who traded TJ Ford for Charlie V and signed the likes of Simmons and Gadzuric to multiyear deals. Hah, good riddance.

oh my goodness!!! poor knicks!!

by the way, when they signed simmons, he was a 16ppg guy, i just didnt why they needed to sign gadzuric such deal..that was way s2pid..(but better than the contract isiah gave to jerome james)

i dont think that the ford deal is that bad coz they already have mo williams, and tj has injury issues.., though they couldve had a better offer deal for him.

well, that's good news for the bucks.. all that's left to minny is
Rick Carlisle, as the best option

czaras
All-Star

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2008, 07:18:17 pm »

Quote from: "Dwyane"
^^^Cuteypie, Skiles Signed with the Bucks.

When I posted the news wasn't there yet. And don't call me cutey@^#%$-whatever. -_-

Rye; if the Wolves were actually LOOKING for a coach, I'd be glad it's just Carlisle or the crop of college coaches left.

Just they're not. All hail Randy Wittman and his .333 record.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Jump to: