Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TP 9 > Deron Williams  (Read 2066 times)
admiral50
Undrafted

Respect: 0

« on: May 11, 2008, 03:12:19 pm »

I think Tony Parker has proved he is the second best point guard in the league by now and he could be considered tied with Chris Paul for first, should the Spurs get the old-fashioned SWEEP in win the next 3 more games.

He schoold Nash, would have schooled Kidd like in 2003 had the Spurs and not Hornets played Dallas.  

So, I think he is slightly better overall than Williams. Now, granted he is not a better passer or 3-point shooter.  But, based on how his teams win so much and his overall floor leadership you have to put him ahead of Deron.  I WILL SAY THOUGH, if Deron can somehow beat Kobe's Lakers, then I will admit he is better than or equal to Tony since he does not play with 2 All-Stars (TD and Manu), just one All-Star in Carlos Boozer.
hillio
Starter

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2008, 03:21:11 pm »

Quote from: "admiral50"
I think Tony Parker has proved he is the second best point guard in the league by now and he could be considered tied with Chris Paul for first, should the Spurs get the old-fashioned SWEEP in win the next 3 more games.

He schoold Nash, would have schooled Kidd like in 2003 had the Spurs and not Hornets played Dallas.  

So, I think he is slightly better overall than Williams. Now, granted he is not a better passer or 3-point shooter.  But, based on how his teams win so much and his overall floor leadership you have to put him ahead of Deron.  I WILL SAY THOUGH, if Deron can somehow beat Kobe's Lakers, then I will admit he is better than or equal to Tony since he does not play with 2 All-Stars (TD and Manu), just one All-Star in Carlos Boozer.

Yeah, TP is just beginning to get some love, but he has been devastating for a couple of years now.

I wanna say CP3 has a bit of an edge, but when TP has his game face on, it's even.

Kobe needs more help.
B-ball fan 11
MVP

Respect: +2

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008, 03:30:13 pm »

There's not that much of a different between them, except that Parker is older and a worse shooter, that's it.

D-Will and CP3 are better, but not by a wide margin.
supersonicsfreak
Benchwarmer

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2008, 04:06:20 pm »

Completely agree. I'd go as far as to say that Tony Parker is better by a significant margin. When Tony drives and penetrates, opening up the playing floor for the rest of his team, there aren't many players better than him!

As far as CP3 is concerned, it's hard to say. This year obviously CP3 had a better season, and as an individual player CP3 is more valuable. But Tony is a great complimentary point guard (meaning he does not have to be the star but can still dominate in any given game), while CP3 is a star guard. Being on a team with Duncan will always hurt your MVP credits, because it will always be Duncans team and not Tony's (atleast for the next 3 years).

LakeRoyalty "I'm gonna ride you to 4,800 posts. The many hours of looking @ the computer screen has fried your brains. Go outside and play or something."
hillio
Starter

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2008, 04:10:47 pm »

Quote from: "B-ball fan 11"
There's not that much of a different between them, except that Parker is older and a worse shooter, that's it.

D-Will and CP3 are better, but not by a wide margin.

Parker is 25 and CP3 is 23.

Parker could put up much bigger numbers if he was leading a team like CP3. Neither is a deadeye shooter, but both are solid from mid range. Difference is Parker shoots much less than any other PG cuz he's just deadly with that drive. Deadly.

Kobe needs more help.
controlledchaos
Star

Respect: +15

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2008, 05:41:06 pm »

Quote from: "hillio"

Yeah, TP is just beginning to get some love, but he has been devastating for a couple of years now.

I wanna say CP3 has a bit of an edge, but when TP has his game face on, it's even.

are you on crack? that selfish ppoint guard cannot carry a team like cp 3 or deron. Without Ginobili or duncan tony parker would be just another mike james

94by50
Star

Respect: +1

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2008, 06:24:31 pm »

Parker's very good - not quite an All-Star - but I think getting the Finals MVP last year (undeservedly, IMO) inflated his value somewhat.  So does playing on a good team every year.  He's not the main guy behind the Spurs' success.

Parker's easily one of the top 5 point guards in the league right now - it's just that Paul and Williams are 1-2, respectively.

defenseallday
MVP

Respect: +188

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2008, 07:24:46 pm »

Parker couldnt lead a team like Deron Williams or CP3 but thats not a bash againest him still one of the great playoff guards ..... ever.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: