Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Tim Duncan real MVP  (Read 7746 times)
grimballer
Star

Respect: +1

« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2008, 11:48:07 am »

Quote from: "BRockin25"
He beat the defending champs Pistons in 05

honestly who was better in that years playoffs n finals manu or duncan?

KOBEistheGOAT
BRockin25
MVP

Respect: +1434

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2008, 11:48:15 am »

Quote from: "grimballer"
i didnt make it clear nuff my bad.

only in 2 championship runs duncan was clearly the best player on his team. (99, 03)

in 05 manu was as good as duncan, maybe even better.

in 07 parker got the finals mvp.

in 99 duncan was the best palyer n spurs beat the best nba has to offer. even if the knicks made it to the finals. knicks beat top teams in the east to get there.

in 03 duncan was the best player n spurs won the title, but look at the playoffs that year. they beat the overrated lakers (5th seed that year) then mavs (without nowitzki) to get to the nets. that year they didnt have to face probably the best team in the nba (sacramento kings).

No, No, No

in 07, Duncan dominated the entire playoffs until the Finals.

in 03, the lakers were better than the Kings. Kobe had his best year at the time

hillio
Starter

Respect: 0

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2008, 11:51:28 am »

Quote from: "stinkinbishop"
Wait a second? Best the NBA has to offer in the 99 finals? Correct me if I haven't understood properly - but are you talking about the Knicks?? The 8th seed that year - who honestly got lucky against Miami with Allen Houston and with Johnson against the Pacers - and they were without Ewing in the finals - who guards Duncan on that team then, Camby???

The best thing Duncan has done was knock the Lakers out on the way to the 03 title.

So 99 finals were special case because the Spurs only played the Eastern conference?

Wtf you talking about? They went through Lakers (all stars: Shaq, Eddie Jones, Kobe, Van Exel), through Utah with Malone & Co. fresh off of their finals appearance, and through the Rockets built for a run at a championship (Hakeem, Pippen, and Barkley).

You really don't know your basketball.

Kobe needs more help.
BRockin25
MVP

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2008, 12:18:21 pm »

Quote from: "BRockin25"
He beat the defending champs Pistons in 05

honestly who was better in that years playoffs n finals manu or duncan?

For the whole playoffs, clearly Duncan. Ginobili played well in the Finals. Duncan played just as well, but was known for his struggles at the foul line.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/SAS/2005.html

hillio
Starter

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2008, 12:20:01 pm »

are u serious? the guy started his career on a condernder. what more u want?

On a 20 win contender? (I know Admiral was hurt, but to dip to 20 wins means that team wasn't a contender)

be honets with yourself duncan never won back to back. only true SUPERSTARS win back to back: jordan, hakeem, shaq, magic. the rest of them are just very good players on very good team.

Superstars WIN MULTIPLE championships. How they win them doesn't matter to anyone, not themselves, not their coaches, not the teams' owners,  nor does it matter to their legacy.

how many times did duncan win a title as a clearly best player on his team? (hint 99, 03)

Every year. Clearly. The offense goes through him. Other teams pull blockbuster trades just to match up to him. Teams routinely double team him. He's been all NBA defensive team for a decade. He has won 4 rings which very very very few people claim. We'll see how many rings Parker and Gino will win after Duncan gets old and slows down. (hint: zero)

now how many times did he face the best nba has to offer to win the title? (hint: 99)

Every year. If not in finals, then before the finals. This is really a ridiculous question. If he doesn't meet the best in the finals, that means he met the best in Western conference finals.

Kobe needs more help.
why so serious?
Star

« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2008, 01:08:37 pm »

Quote from: "Dwyane"
THINK TD PROVED HE WAS THE MVP IF YOU ACTUALLY WATCHED THE ENTIRE GAME 1 TELECAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's only one game, and besides he didnt do as much as in the regular season.

CP3, KG5 ot KB24 baby.

+1

GDOwl123
Undrafted

« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2008, 02:01:11 pm »

i didnt make it clear nuff my bad.

only in 2 championship runs duncan was clearly the best player on his team. (99, 03)

in 05 manu was as good as duncan, maybe even better.

in 07 parker got the finals mvp.

in 99 duncan was the best palyer n spurs beat the best nba has to offer. even if the knicks made it to the finals. knicks beat top teams in the east to get there.

in 03 duncan was the best player n spurs won the title, but look at the playoffs that year. they beat the overrated lakers (5th seed that year) then mavs (without nowitzki) to get to the nets. that year they didnt have to face probably the best team in the nba (sacramento kings).
In 05 Ginobilli was the best player on that team, he was screwed out of Finals MVP and I believe there was a little murmur of boos that Manu didnt get the finals mvp

Too much TD *** kissing
YisKobeSoGood
Star

« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2008, 02:51:57 pm »

He doesnt even blossom in the playoffs, if you remember Tony Parker got the finals mvp last season, but i know i know it was rigged. Hey im safe if it was rigged. if the Lakers win the finals and Pau gets the finals MVP i got a cop out, hey it was rigged.

"He's the best player in the league , he really is , and i've been saying that since I played with him" -Shaq

Odom is a stud. He is the 2nd best player on the team after Bynum. (kgisbigticket)
BRockin25
MVP

« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2008, 03:16:33 pm »

Quote from: "YisKobeSoGood"
He doesnt even blossom in the playoffs, if you remember Tony Parker got the finals mvp last season, but i know i know it was rigged. Hey im safe if it was rigged. if the Lakers win the finals and Pau gets the finals MVP i got a cop out, hey it was rigged.

What people dont realize is the Finals MVP and most important player throughout the entire playoffs are two different things.

In that scenario, I bet Kobe will still be the Lakers most valuable player through the whole playoffs, so I wont be fooled. Other idiots will be. Just like with Parker, who really didnt do anything until he got a rookie PG to destroy.

Stinkinbishop
a.k.a. stinkinbishop
MVP

Eventually Black.

Respect: +1214

« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2008, 07:14:09 pm »

Quote from: "hillio"
Wait a second? Best the NBA has to offer in the 99 finals? Correct me if I haven't understood properly - but are you talking about the Knicks?? The 8th seed that year - who honestly got lucky against Miami with Allen Houston and with Johnson against the Pacers - and they were without Ewing in the finals - who guards Duncan on that team then, Camby???

The best thing Duncan has done was knock the Lakers out on the way to the 03 title.

So 99 finals were special case because the Spurs only played the Eastern conference?

Wtf you talking about? They went through Lakers (all stars: Shaq, Eddie Jones, Kobe, Van Exel), through Utah with Malone & Co. fresh off of their finals appearance, and through the Rockets built for a run at a championship (Hakeem, Pippen, and Barkley).

Errr...we're talking about the finals rectard!!!
Read my damn post properly before you run your mouth like that.

tbdog85
Benchwarmer

« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2008, 09:08:47 pm »

Duncan avg 20pnts 14rebs and 2 blks vs the wallaces.
Manu avg 19 points, 6 reb,  4 ast. How was TD not worthy of the finals MVP again?
SlickWillyATL
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2008, 09:25:45 pm »

In 20 years, everyone on Hoopshype is gonna look back at the career Duncan had and realize how undervalued and underappreciated he was.  Promise.
BRockin25
MVP

« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2008, 10:20:59 pm »

Quote from: "tbdog85"
Duncan avg 20pnts 14rebs and 2 blks vs the wallaces.
Manu avg 19 points, 6 reb,  4 ast. How was TD not worthy of the finals MVP again?

You tell me.

Bc some media guys wanted to anoint Ginobili and D riders believed them. Thats why.

94by50
Star

Respect: +1

« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2008, 11:17:31 pm »

Reminds me of one of Hollinger's chat responses a few weeks back: "When Tim Duncan hears people say that Kobe Bryant is the best player in the league, do you think he only considers getting angry and throwing things, or do you think he actually does it?"

(Personally, I prefer to think he gets that look on his face, that shocked, surprised look, like he just got whistled for a foul.  But that's just me.)

hillio
Starter

« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2008, 12:40:56 am »

Quote from: "hillio"

Errr...we're talking about the finals rectard!!!
Read my damn post properly before you run your mouth like that.

So you're saying getting the finals MVP makes you the best player on your team no matter what? Because that's what we're discussing here, whether or not Duncan is truly this good, or are his teammates (as some have suggested), so good that they make Duncan look good. Having trouble staying with the thread?

Kobe needs more help.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Jump to: