Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Tim Duncan real MVP  (Read 7809 times)
admiral50
Undrafted

Respect: 0

« on: April 22, 2008, 04:58:00 am »

I have always found the regular season MVP award to be completely stupid and useless.

In 2 months, I will come back and post this topic again.  WHY don't people on this forum I come to everyday barely consider Tim Duncan ever an MVP  candidate.

Now, Ginobili THIS season was overall better than Duncan, but ultimately lets be realistic, when it matters most in the playoffs since 1999, the MVP each season of those playoffs he has played in has been TD.

When he schools Garnett as he always has (I think he beat his TWolves 3 times) in June, you will see that THE REAL MVP of this league is Tim Duncan, with all due respect to Kobe and Paul.

I THINK TD PROVED HE WAS THE MVP IF YOU ACTUALLY WATCHED THE ENTIRE GAME 1 TELECAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Skippy
a.k.a. superCoolBeas & slapCHOP & Dwyane & Skipster & Metta World Peace
Hall of Famer

LIKE A BOSS

Respect: +950

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 05:01:53 am »

THINK TD PROVED HE WAS THE MVP IF YOU ACTUALLY WATCHED THE ENTIRE GAME 1 TELECAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's only one game, and besides he didnt do as much as in the regular season.

CP3, KG5 ot KB24 baby.

LET'S GO HEAT.
rye
a.k.a. ryecyd
Hall of Famer

You don't like me? Well... I dont give a f*ck!

Respect: +637

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 06:59:21 am »

why not post this inthe spurs forum?oh god! another mvp thread..

cp3, kobe and kg and lbj did much better in the regular season

Quote from: brianskinner=gay
he is a *** he is a theif he recently stole jewlery from my sister amounting to significant dollars american folks.  He like i said before is a ***.  Is it my sisters fault he is a no life drunk who can't even dunk the damn ball.  He has no money so he resorts to stealing from young women.  Once again he is a ***.  He should be stopped. Anybody knowing brian skinner should tell him he is a ***.  Tell brian skinner he needs to get a life, i tried using him on nba 2k9 but he is horrible he should just quit now and
LKdude
Hall of Famer

Respect: +150

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 08:16:57 am »

Tim Duncan is not the MVP because it's a regular season award, and Timmy didn't show enough in the regular season to warrant an MVP.  He always blossoms in the playoffs, but that's not gonna get you the regular season award of Most Valuable Player.
grimballer
Star

Respect: +1

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2008, 08:20:18 am »

ppl tend to overrate TD soo much.

TD isnt doin anything this year. he never won back to back for a reason. hes a great palyer, but i wouldnt put him top 5. like i said hes a system player. he gets all the credit cause he plays on the most unselfish team in the league. put any top pf in his place n theyll probably win a title too.

parker
ginobili
brand

parker
ginobili
garnett

parker
ginobili
sheed

thats all title contenders.

KOBEistheGOAT
Stinkinbishop
a.k.a. stinkinbishop
MVP

Eventually Black.

Respect: +1214

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2008, 08:29:59 am »

There's an argument which I hear a lot about Duncan and it's that he is so consistant that he rarely stands out anymore.
Part of me agrees with that but there are plenty of players who are consistantly good and stand out.
Duncan is smart and conserves a lot of energy during the regular season whilst still playing hard - it's the playoffs where he turns it on so getting the season MVP would be wrong.

Also I disagree that the Spurs would still win a championship with someone like Brand instead of Duncan, he's a hell of a lot more valuable than any other good big man. He's more than just stats.

Big Fundemental
Starter

Respect: +39

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2008, 09:04:27 am »

Quote from: "grimballer"

TD isnt doin anything this year. he never won back to back for a reason. hes a great palyer, but i wouldnt put him top 5. like i said hes a system player. he gets all the credit cause he plays on the most unselfish team in the league. put any top pf in his place n theyll probably win a title too.

parker
ginobili
brand

parker
ginobili
garnett

parker
ginobili
sheed

The fact that Duncan isn't widely considered the best player in the NBA makes him the most underrated player to ever play. Yes, the system in which he plays is a good one for him, but you can't fault a guy just because his GM was able to build a good team around him. Put anyone else in his place and they don't win, as evidenced by the fact that San Antonio won 4 titles, all with different players, the only constants being Duncan and Popovich. As for the MVP thing, Duncan shouldn't be MVP. He might be the best player but he probably didn't have the best year.
hillio
Starter

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2008, 09:14:32 am »

parker
ginobili
brand

parker
ginobili
garnett

parker
ginobili
sheed

BULLSH*T!

You're saying half the NBA's all star caliber PFs could win if matched up with Parker and Ginobilli? Why is it then that greats like Malone, Ewing, Barkley, and so on never won a championship when it's so easy? You're talking absolute nonsense. Not only is TD the clutchest player of this era (having won 4 rings with 2 completely different teams), but he's on the short list of all time clutch performers. He never had a loaded team and yet has won 4 rings and seems to be well on the way to a 5th one. Shaq, Kobe, a still very solid Malone, and usable Payton, PLUS Fisher, Fox, Horry and them failed to win a ring.. The Big Fundamental wins it with a bunch of role players and Dave Robinson on the downside of his career, then wins it with rookie Ginobilli and sophmore Parker!?!?!? You're absolutely out of your mind bro ^^

Give the man his dues.

I have a hypothetical situation for you and every poster here:

McDyess or Ben Wallace
Duncan
Prince
Rip Hamilton
Billups
+ a great bench..

How many rings does that unit win? As many as they want to. Obviously Sheed isn't even 2 leagues within Duncan's level.

Kobe needs more help.
regal
Hall of Famer

who ya got?

Respect: +3756

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2008, 09:39:31 am »

no

Fair enough.
Fair enough..probably the 2nd ugliest season I've ever seen from the Ravens.
Flacco kind of is a bum..Yeah I get that he isn't that good..
grimballer
Star

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2008, 10:41:37 am »

Quote from: "hillio"

parker
ginobili
brand

parker
ginobili
garnett

parker
ginobili
sheed

BULLSH*T!

You're saying half the NBA's all star caliber PFs could win if matched up with Parker and Ginobilli? Why is it then that greats like Malone, Ewing, Barkley, and so on never won a championship when it's so easy? You're talking absolute nonsense. Not only is TD the clutchest player of this era (having won 4 rings with 2 completely different teams), but he's on the short list of all time clutch performers. He never had a loaded team and yet has won 4 rings and seems to be well on the way to a 5th one. Shaq, Kobe, a still very solid Malone, and usable Payton, PLUS Fisher, Fox, Horry and them failed to win a ring.. The Big Fundamental wins it with a bunch of role players and Dave Robinson on the downside of his career, then wins it with rookie Ginobilli and sophmore Parker!?!?!? You're absolutely out of your mind bro ^^

Give the man his dues.

I have a hypothetical situation for you and every poster here:

McDyess or Ben Wallace
Duncan
Prince
Rip Hamilton
Billups
+ a great bench..

How many rings does that unit win? As many as they want to. Obviously Sheed isn't even 2 leagues within Duncan's level.

be honets with yourself duncan never won back to back. only true SUPERSTARS win back to back: jordan, hakeem, shaq, magic. the rest of them are just very good players on very good team.

heres couple questions for u:

how many times did duncan win a title as a clearly best player on his team? (hint 99, 03)

now how many times did he face the best nba has to offer to win the title? (hint: 99)

He never had a loaded team and yet has won 4 rings and seems to be well on the way to a 5th one

are u serious? the guy started his career on a condernder. what more u want?

KOBEistheGOAT
PurplE & GolD
Journeyman

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2008, 10:59:50 am »

lmao putting a player down who has won 4 championship because he can't win back to back  :roll:

only true SUPERSTARS win back to back: jordan, hakeem, shaq, magic, isiah. the rest of them are just very good players on very good team.

does it mean  that wilt and bird are not a true superstars lmao  meaning isiah > wilt, bird and duncan as a player lol  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

supersonicsfreak
Benchwarmer

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2008, 11:15:15 am »

how many times did duncan win a title as a clearly best player on his team? (hint 99, 03)

now how many times did he face the best nba has to offer to win the title? (hint: 99)

How many times did he face the best the nba has to offer? You're kidding right? Of course he didn't beat the best the NBA had to offer in the finals because he'd already done it making it that far through the west. (The east has sucked for nearly 10 years!)

LakeRoyalty "I'm gonna ride you to 4,800 posts. The many hours of looking @ the computer screen has fried your brains. Go outside and play or something."
Stinkinbishop
a.k.a. stinkinbishop
MVP

Eventually Black.

Respect: +1214

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2008, 11:27:58 am »

Wait a second? Best the NBA has to offer in the 99 finals? Correct me if I haven't understood properly - but are you talking about the Knicks?? The 8th seed that year - who honestly got lucky against Miami with Allen Houston and with Johnson against the Pacers - and they were without Ewing in the finals - who guards Duncan on that team then, Camby???

The best thing Duncan has done was knock the Lakers out on the way to the 03 title.

grimballer
Star

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2008, 11:45:59 am »

i didnt make it clear nuff my bad.

only in 2 championship runs duncan was clearly the best player on his team. (99, 03)

in 05 manu was as good as duncan, maybe even better.

in 07 parker got the finals mvp.

in 99 duncan was the best palyer n spurs beat the best nba has to offer. even if the knicks made it to the finals. knicks beat top teams in the east to get there.

in 03 duncan was the best player n spurs won the title, but look at the playoffs that year. they beat the overrated lakers (5th seed that year) then mavs (without nowitzki) to get to the nets. that year they didnt have to face probably the best team in the nba (sacramento kings).

KOBEistheGOAT
BRockin25
MVP

Respect: +1434

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2008, 11:46:49 am »

He beat the defending champs Pistons in 05

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Jump to: