Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tim Duncan real MVP  (Read 7791 times)
tbdog85
Benchwarmer

Respect: 0

« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2008, 01:22:05 am »

Duncan has been the true mvp for years now, but that doesn’t mean he deserved the mvp tittle. When it comes to most valuable player, TD and Shaq have had that title for years. Obviously not Shaq of late. But other players have had better outstanding, statical regular season. In all honesty, TD no longer cares for points, blks, rebounds, or individual achievements anymore. There is a reason why parker and manu, along with the rest of the spurs are so unselfish. It stated off with David Robinson, and TD has carried that to a new era.  
Yes there only thing that TD cares about is winning titles. One of the reasons why he took a pay cut.

He is the non typical definition of a superstar. Totally unselfish, with no ego.
grimballer
Star

Respect: +1

« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2008, 02:32:22 am »

win against the suns is pretty much the summary of duncans career.

parker 32 points 52% fg
ginobili 29 points 53% fg
duncan 18 pints 40% fg

n yet ppl still consider him GOAT type of player, with a "weak" support cast. now some will point out the 17 rebs. its good getting 17 rebs, but if ur a big man n u shoot 40% your team is not winning even if u get 30 rebs. still duncan manages to win games, why? its simple,  he has guards capable of scoring 30 a game n shooting over 50%.

like i said if brand, sheed or KG, (even boozer) had players like parker n ginobili i see them winning titles too.

KOBEistheGOAT
hillio
Starter

Respect: 0

« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2008, 02:33:41 am »

Quote from: "grimballer"

parker 32 points 52% fg
duncan 18 pints 40% fg

n yet ppl still consider him GOAT type of player, with a "weak" support cast. now some will point out the 17 rebs. its good getting 17 rebs, but if ur a big man n u shoot 40% your team is not winning even if u get 30 rebs. still duncan manages to win games, why? its simple,  he has guards capable of scoring 30 a game n shooting over 50%.

like i said if brand, sheed or KG, (even boozer) had players like parker n ginobili i see them winning titles too.

I hate to just flame but you deserve nothing tlse.. you're an idiot.

Kobe needs more help.
gogo2disco
MVP

Respect: +356

« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2008, 02:39:09 am »

I don't think people realize that Ginobili is better than half the All-Stars and is most likely going to be entering the Hall of Fame
grimballer
Star

« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2008, 02:59:41 am »

Quote from: "hillio"
Quote from: "grimballer"

parker 32 points 52% fg
duncan 18 pints 40% fg

I hate to just flame but you deserve nothing tlse.. you're an idiot.

thruth hurts doesnt it? sorry i bursted yo "tim duncan is the best ever" bobble.

KOBEistheGOAT
grimballer
Star

« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2008, 03:17:09 am »

Quote from: "tbdog85"
Duncan avg 20pnts 14rebs and 2 blks vs the wallaces.
Manu avg 19 points, 6 reb,  4 ast. How was TD not worthy of the finals MVP again?

duncans fg = 42%
ginobilis fg = 49%

KOBEistheGOAT
KrissKross
Star

Respect: +9

« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2008, 11:07:55 pm »

Quote from: "stinkinbishop"
Quote from: "hillio"
Quote from: "stinkinbishop"
Wait a second? Best the NBA has to offer in the 99 finals? Correct me if I haven't understood properly - but are you talking about the Knicks?? The 8th seed that year - who honestly got lucky against Miami with Allen Houston and with Johnson against the Pacers - and they were without Ewing in the finals - who guards Duncan on that team then, Camby???

The best thing Duncan has done was knock the Lakers out on the way to the 03 title.

So 99 finals were special case because the Spurs only played the Eastern conference?

Wtf you talking about? They went through Lakers (all stars: Shaq, Eddie Jones, Kobe, Van Exel), through Utah with Malone & Co. fresh off of their finals appearance, and through the Rockets built for a run at a championship (Hakeem, Pippen, and Barkley).

You really don't know your basketball.

Errr...we're talking about the finals rectard!!!
Read my damn post properly before you run your mouth like that.

Does Hillio know you have to play 3 rounds first before you even get to the Finals? So how can the Spurs not face the best of what the NBA had to offer than? You can't win a gold medal without running the race, you can't expect an applause without performing a show. So in the NBA, you can't get to the finals without having to face 3 other teams, and the spurs faced pretty good teams.

Another line of reasoning, you know why the spurs didn't face the best the nba has to offer? Because there were the best the NBA had to offer that year, they were the champs!

KrissKross
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Jump to: