Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Who could the wolves trade, and trade for?  (Read 5973 times)
BC Beneke
Journeyman

Respect: 0

« on: April 23, 2008, 07:52:36 pm »

I am a stubborn diehard that is angrily optomistic.  I believe that Kevin McHale is the antichrist, and that Randy Wittman couldn't coach a 3rd grade girls team to tie their freaking sneakers, and that the owner is as oblivious as Tommy Chong circa 1983.

However I am still a diehard fan which means I'm a masochist in nature I suppose.  But I still keep hoping for miracles.

I'm looking at the crop of free agents, and with the roster as it is...

Here are some ideas and I was wondering if I could get your response, and some of your ideas...  serious answers please.

I am thinking that looking at Pryzbilla would be a great move.   I also wonder if the Wolves would have any interest in bringing Rasho back as a backup center if they can get him dirt cheap.  There is not a lot in the way of big men out there that could be available.

Now that Antoine Walker is going to be considered in the last year of his contract I do believe that the Wolves can trade him to a team that is looking to rebuild, or dump a contract for the team to improve.  I like Kirelinko a lot, but I'm not sure if we can find a way to get him, but doing so would also keep Jefferson at the 5.  Maybe Walker, Boston's 1st, McCants and Madsen for Kirelinko?  I have to check on the ESPN site to see if that would work, but I think it would come pretty darn close as draft picks are given a certain value.

I don't see them going after a bigtime move like Arenas or Marion or anything like that, and even if they did I can almost guarentee if the Wolves had the money they'd need to make sure they were 3-5 million more than any other team, and MERC the guy... no big name guys will come here.  

As for Gomes, Telfair, Snyder, Craig Smith, and Chris Richard...

I think they could get great value in a sign and trade wtih Gomes because he is the kind of guy that is desirable for other teams, and could net us something in return, but I wouldn't mind keeping him if it's under 3.5 million a year.

Telfair, league minimum at max.

Snyder I would bring back as a summer league guy, and league minimum again.  He could be a solid 9th-11th guy on a roster.

Craig Smith and Richard whom showed flashes, but are mostly 1 dimensional players... Richard no offense, and Smith no defense.  We can do better or the same for far less money by drafting two PF/C's in the 2nd round, and then if no one takes Richard or Smith we could in theory bring one of them back, but with Dorsey, DJ White, Anders, Orsik, and a couple of other big guys that will be taken between the 27th and 36th in the draft we should be just fine.  Plus if we can get one of the top 3 picks and get Rose, Beasley or Lopez I could see this team winning 30 games next year which would be a huge upgrade because over half the wins this team got this year were against teams as they had already given into draft protection mode.

Thanks,

BC Beneke
czaras
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 06:18:57 am »

Out of our young core, I think we can trade McCants and Craig Smith. If we draft Dorsey (or any other big man mentioned by Beneke) Chris Richard is expendable too, but since he's on a 2nd round pick salary... who cares. Maybe he'll make strides during training camp and actually be rotation material.

McCants can flat out score from the SG spot, so a team could give us their starting SG for him (like the Redd trade mentioned before, maybe Jamal Crawford?). Buuut I doubt Utah would want him. Sloan and McCants would feud from Day 1 to Day whatever the day it is when they trade him. Plus, Utah doesn;t need a SG anymore, with the emergence of Ronnie Brewer and acquiring Kyle Korver. Kirilenko is an interesting prospect, and I'd even play him at PF at the expense of Big Al who'd become full-time C. I'm not sure he'll still want to leave Utah though. Maybe a second-round exit might change his mind, but in that case; the WOlves are not a desired destination anyway. *shrug*

Out of the FA crop, Nesterovic has a player option. So he's not coming over. Joel Przybilla is a great thought. I hated the fact Wolves didn't pull off the Jaric-4-Przybilla trade 2 seasons back when we still had KG. He and Garnett would cooperate perfectly, just as he did with Erv Johnson.

And now, he's one of the rare breed: large, rough, defensive C. I love these players. He's a younger and less injuury prone Theo Ratliff, and with Greg Oden coming back he'll be expendable in Portland. TRADE FOR HIM GODDAMNIT. Craig Smith sign&trade + someone? We can pull it off. Or maybe s&t Ryan Gomes. The Blazers would fall for him. He'd be a good complement to their core of Roy, Aldridge and Oden.
Skippy
a.k.a. superCoolBeas & slapCHOP & Dwyane & Skipster & Metta World Peace
Hall of Famer

LIKE A BOSS

Respect: +950

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 06:22:31 am »

czar, buddy PM pls.

LET'S GO HEAT.
BC Beneke
Journeyman

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2008, 11:39:41 pm »

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2777~881~2754~682&teams=22~22~16~16&te=&cash=

Thanks,

BC Beneke
BC Beneke
Journeyman

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2008, 11:40:47 pm »

Portland would cut Walker obviously for the cap room in 2009-10 to to add a veteran to the mix with all their amazing young talent.

Thanks,

BC Beneke
Drexler-Roy
All-Star

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2008, 12:16:57 pm »

Portland wants to keep Pryzbilla as he will be a great physical presence off the bench as well as insurance in case of injuries or fouls. To get him Minnesota would need to offer more than walker and McCants especially if you want Frye as well in the deal

Greenwing wrote
Finally, I'm going to state this right now.  The Bulls will have a better record next season that the Portland Trailblazers.
Portland record 54-28
Chicago record 41-41
BC Beneke
Journeyman

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2008, 02:21:58 pm »

I don't want Frye in the deal, I looked at him as a scrub to throw in to balance the financials... I don't think anyone else looked at him as a player.  I know the Knicks didn't and Portland surely can't.

I fully understand the Blazers not wanting to part with Pryzbilla.  He's a top notch backup center, and an adequate starting center in the NBA now days.

I just want you to understand... it's places like here that keep me sane after being a Timberwolves fan and having to put up with Randy Wittless, and Kevin McDouche, and Glen Failure.

I am demanding that Taylor take a senility test.  I want McHale, and his brothers, sisters, cousins, and all of their children sterilized so the diseas doesn't spread further, and Randy Wittless would make a great D3 college basketball coach.  

The problem is that this is the NBA, and those three are now branded as teh TRIUNE FAILURE.  

So I come here in hopes and dreams of putting together a team that doesn't suck.  I figure I'm 2 lottery wins from being able to buy into the team and fixing it... my current businesses do well, but not nearly NBA money well... so unfortunately I have to put up with those three.  

Forgive me for dreaming and the rant...  It's a *** to be a Wolves fan.

Thanks,

BC Beneke
czaras
All-Star

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2008, 05:15:39 am »

There are rumours that Wolves are very open to trading McCants.
BC Beneke
Journeyman

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2008, 07:45:18 am »

he is a bit selfish, and not the greatest team player in the game, but could he be better if he had a decent coach like Sam Mitchell, or Mike Dantoni, and a GM that wasn't so retarded that he played with his own poop?

Thanks,

BC Beneke
Drexler-Roy
All-Star

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2008, 12:18:13 pm »

BC Frye is a solid role player and if you have good team rebounding will be a solid scorer off the bench. Portland may trade him to get a better rebounder. His value while not great is there for the right team

Greenwing wrote
Finally, I'm going to state this right now.  The Bulls will have a better record next season that the Portland Trailblazers.
Portland record 54-28
Chicago record 41-41
Ballfreakā„¢
a.k.a. Junkyard Dog
MVP

Toronto, Ontario.

Respect: +63

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2008, 09:20:14 pm »

Quote from: "BC Beneke"

Ya thats never going to happen.

Why?-Well the Blazers Genaral Manager is not stupid.
Why?-Because Kevin McCahle is the stupidest General Manager in the National Basketball Association.

Click Here for My GM Game Roster!

Payton-Kemp, #SeattleSuperSonics
rye
a.k.a. ryecyd
Hall of Famer

You don't like me? Well... I dont give a f*ck!

Respect: +637

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2008, 10:55:14 pm »

i think they should trade brewer.. the guy was given minutes, but was still not very effective,i hope he improves next season.

by hook or by crook, you have to get rid of antoine walker..

Quote from: brianskinner=gay
he is a *** he is a theif he recently stole jewlery from my sister amounting to significant dollars american folks.  He like i said before is a ***.  Is it my sisters fault he is a no life drunk who can't even dunk the damn ball.  He has no money so he resorts to stealing from young women.  Once again he is a ***.  He should be stopped. Anybody knowing brian skinner should tell him he is a ***.  Tell brian skinner he needs to get a life, i tried using him on nba 2k9 but he is horrible he should just quit now and
Dice Dice Baby!!
MVP

Twitter: @WholeEffeinShow

Respect: +723

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2008, 03:32:44 pm »

I think the Wolves need a dynamo combo position player. They could also use an inside defensive minded player who can rebound like a mad man. What does that look like?

Shawn Marion
Andre Iguodala
Derrick Rose
Marcus Camby
Andris Biedrins
Amir Johnson
Danny Granger
Emeka Okafor
Gerald Wallace
Channing Frye

It all depends on who we get in the draft and how we use the mid-level exception. We also have a lot of contract we could use to move around, too. All those players that are on that list have been available thru some kind of deal in the last year or so.

RIP Madawg
The Dark Knight
MVP

I LOVE LEBRON JAMES KG SUCKS

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2008, 03:35:12 pm »

They need to get another scoring option like Iguodala or Gerald Wallace.

sillirichi
Undrafted

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2008, 11:50:26 am »

I know teams dont trade within their division, but I would really like to see a trade for Marcus Camby.  Denver isn't built to win a championship together and looks like they are willing to break this unit up to see what else they can do.  They definitely need CAP help with having $81M heading to next season.  They just signed Nene and will have to start him now with that amount of money they used on him.  

I would say...

Camby (8M) + A. Carter (expiring 1.1M) for Walker (9.3 expiriing Team option) and a lowest 2nd round pick.

Sounds like an idea to me...
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Jump to: