Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Would YOU make this deal?  (Voting closed: June 02, 2008, 06:26:32 am)
YES - 1 (25%)
NO - 3 (75%)
Total Voters: 4

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pheonix - Houston Trade  (Read 1787 times)
jerriy
Undrafted

« on: June 02, 2008, 06:26:32 am »

Pheonix gets: Shane Battier
Houston gets: Leandro Barbossa + some small contracts

This would give Pheonix a solid defence presence with great rebounding for his position, decent offence a real hardworker
Barbossa would give Houston some energy from bench, and give them some speed and instant offense.
guru10
Journeyman

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 07:37:35 am »

So when Nash retires in a year or two the Suns will be scrambling like half the teams in the NBA are always doing looking for a point Guard.

No, I don't think Battier is worth that predicament.
tranum
Benchwarmer

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 09:59:34 am »

I don't think either of the teams would want to make this trade.  The Rockets   are more defensive oriented team and I don't think they want to lose their best defensive player in Shane Battier plus Barbosa would probably take a lot of Rafer  Alston's minutes if he were on the team and that would also hurt them on the defensive side of the  ball.  Barbosa is also a vital part of the Suns team with his quickness plus the Suns already have two very good defenders in Raja Bell and Boris Diaw.

winkstrap
Benchwarmer

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 10:07:45 am »

not a chance the rockets need a legitimate 3rd star
The Dark Knight
MVP

I LOVE LEBRON JAMES KG SUCKS

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2008, 06:27:15 pm »

no way in the world would either team do this.

blieve
Journeyman

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2008, 10:04:41 pm »

Quote from: "tranum"
I don't think either of the teams would want to make this trade.  The Rockets   are more defensive oriented team and I don't think they want to lose their best defensive player in Shane Battier plus Barbosa would probably take a lot of Rafer  Alston's minutes if he were on the team and that would also hurt them on the defensive side of the  ball.  Barbosa is also a vital part of the Suns team with his quickness plus the Suns already have two very good defenders in Raja Bell and Boris Diaw.

Co-sign this. Rockets have a mini jam at PG already and Barbosa doesnt fit their style. And what would PHO do without Barbosa off their bench?

Im from where Charlie V got big enough/to toss a basket in the hoop and Kenny And coach still ride around in a pick up truck/they couldn't guard the kid they werent quick enough/Plan B if your knees blown, then time to do some stick them ups
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: