Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
 
Author Topic: Pacers 11th pick.  (Read 7916 times)
UNIT
Hall of Famer
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 17983


Respect: +57

« on: May 13, 2008, 07:25:18 am »
0

who do u guys want pacers to draft, i doubt will get a top 3 pick.
i hope we trade up for bayless, but that will be hard.

at 11 we'll probly be looking at:
DeAndre Jordan
DJ Augustin
JaVale McGee
Kevin Love
Russell Westbrook
Anthony Randolph
Kosta Koufos
Donte Greene
Alexis Ajinca
Logged
rye
a.k.a. ryecyd
Hall of Famer
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 24227


You don't like me? Well... I dont give a f*ck!

Respect: +637

WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 09:18:23 am »
0

i dont see jo as part of indy's long term plans.. so draft jordan
Logged



Quote from: brianskinner=gay
he is a *** he is a theif he recently stole jewlery from my sister amounting to significant dollars american folks.  He like i said before is a ***.  Is it my sisters fault he is a no life drunk who can't even dunk the damn ball.  He has no money so he resorts to stealing from young women.  Once again he is a ***.  He should be stopped. Anybody knowing brian skinner should tell him he is a ***.  Tell brian skinner he needs to get a life, i tried using him on nba 2k9 but he is horrible he should just quit now and
31
Benchwarmer
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 602

Respect: 0

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 11:38:01 am »
0

Ugh. I really hope a miracle happens and we at least break the top-10.

Larry has identified PG and C as our primary weaknesses. Given that EVERY center in this year's draft is a project (with the exception of Hibbert, who could likely fall to the 2nd round), it seems logical that we'd be getting a PG.

When you look at our core group of Granger, Dunleavy, O'Neal -- they're all in their mid-to-late 20's. Arguably reaching (or already at) their peak. Does it make sense to draft someone like Deandre Jordan, who will take a minimum of 5 years to develop (and that's assuming he doesn't end up like Kwame Brown)?

In the last few years, it's been shown that young PGs can come in and really turn a team around within a few years. With that in mind, I'm hoping we can land a guy like Bayless.

There will be teams picking ahead of us that already have good, young PGs (such as Knicks, Grizzlies, Bulls, Bucks & Nets), so it's likely at least one of the big names will fall. Hopefully Bird takes advantage, and nabs a quality C in the 2nd round like Hibbert, Kaun, Devon Hardin, or one of the Europeans.

That reminds me...we've also got Stanko Barac and Erazem Lorbek overseas. I wonder if we'll see either of them next year....
Logged
UNIT
Hall of Famer
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 17983


Respect: +57

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008, 09:51:02 pm »
0

Quote from: "31"
Ugh. I really hope a miracle happens and we at least break the top-10.

Larry has identified PG and C as our primary weaknesses. Given that EVERY center in this year's draft is a project (with the exception of Hibbert, who could likely fall to the 2nd round), it seems logical that we'd be getting a PG.

When you look at our core group of Granger, Dunleavy, O'Neal -- they're all in their mid-to-late 20's. Arguably reaching (or already at) their peak. Does it make sense to draft someone like Deandre Jordan, who will take a minimum of 5 years to develop (and that's assuming he doesn't end up like Kwame Brown)?

In the last few years, it's been shown that young PGs can come in and really turn a team around within a few years. With that in mind, I'm hoping we can land a guy like Bayless.

There will be teams picking ahead of us that already have good, young PGs (such as Knicks, Grizzlies, Bulls, Bucks & Nets), so it's likely at least one of the big names will fall. Hopefully Bird takes advantage, and nabs a quality C in the 2nd round like Hibbert, Kaun, Devon Hardin, or one of the Europeans.

That reminds me...we've also got Stanko Barac and Erazem Lorbek overseas. I wonder if we'll see either of them next year....


thats well said, and like i said, if we can trade up for bayless, im a very happy man.

the teams drafting ahead are:
miami - rose or beasley
seattle - rose or beasley
wolves - foye is there futre pg, but if rose is availble they will take him
memphis - has 3 future pgs
knicks - they will jump all over bayless
clippers - livingston is a big question mark, so they would jump on bayless
bucks - they have pg problems, but i think they will look on the wing.
bobcats - felton is paining out, they may jump on bayless
bulls - they have no backup to hinrich and they may trade him
nets - they have harris n marcus williams, they wont draft bayless

if knicks/clippers/sonics in that order get picks 1/2/3.. we have a slight chance of him falling to us.
Logged
olsons3
Benchwarmer
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 633

Respect: 0

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2008, 07:57:59 pm »
0

The draft could get interesting for the Pacers.  Even if we are at #11, Westbrook is a good pick, but I see the Pacers dealing their way up.  There are great targets in the top 5 picks, and the teams that hold those picks could play "Let's Make A Deal".

Beasley
Rose
Bayless
Lopez
Mayo

If you have any of those picks would you consider a package of players from Indy for them???   Oneal, Tinsley, Daniels, Williams, Harrison, Diogu...  11th pick???
Logged

Boom Baby!!!!
31
Benchwarmer
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 602

Respect: 0

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2008, 07:26:09 am »
0

Quote from: "Bball Unit"

thats well said, and like i said, if we can trade up for bayless, im a very happy man.

the teams drafting ahead are:
miami - rose or beasley
seattle - rose or beasley
wolves - foye is there futre pg, but if rose is availble they will take him
memphis - has 3 future pgs
knicks - they will jump all over bayless
clippers - livingston is a big question mark, so they would jump on bayless
bucks - they have pg problems, but i think they will look on the wing.
bobcats - felton is paining out, they may jump on bayless
bulls - they have no backup to hinrich and they may trade him
nets - they have harris n marcus williams, they wont draft bayless

if knicks/clippers/sonics in that order get picks 1/2/3.. we have a slight chance of him falling to us.


Here's what I see after Miami & Seattle:
Minnesota - Jaric & Foye are good, and they need help in the post.
Memphis - Conley/Lowry/Navarro
Knicks - Marbury/Robinson/Collins
Clippers - need a PG. But could also sign a big name free agent like Baron Davis.
Bucks - Mo Williams/Ivey/Sessions
Bobcats - Felton
Bulls - Hinrich
Nets - Harris/Williams

The only team that desperately needs a PG are the Clips.. every other team can wait until the 2nd round, or sign a veteran free agent for the backup slot. Of course trades are always possible - especially with NY - but if nothing materializes, I think we will be in pretty good shape.
Logged
UNIT
Hall of Famer
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 17983


Respect: +57

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2008, 11:31:20 am »
0

marbury/#5pick
for
JO/Tinsley


and let marbury opt out.. save 20M and get bayless?
let diogu start at PF.

Bayless/Travis
Granger/Daniels
Dunleavy/Williams
Diogu/Foster
Murphy/Harrison


?
Logged
B-ball fan 11
MVP
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 6909

Respect: +2

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2008, 07:26:30 pm »
0

Quote from: "Bball Unit"
marbury/#5pick
for
JO/Tinsley


and let marbury opt out.. save 20M and get bayless?
let diogu start at PF.

Bayless/Travis
Granger/Daniels
Dunleavy/Williams
Diogu/Foster
Murphy/Harrison


?


wow you wanted Bayless he falls in your lap and he's traded for Rush when you already have a million forwards. I would be so pissed if I was you.
Logged
UNIT
Hall of Famer
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 17983


Respect: +57

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2008, 07:54:51 pm »
0

I WANTED BAYLESSS SOO BADLY.....
Logged
sportsnut
Starter
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 795

Respect: +8

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2008, 08:10:43 pm »
0

ummm.. am i the only one pissed that we got rid of bayless?
i was ready to call our draft a success no matter who we got with #17, but now it look like our draft is just average at best.  

our two best players play the 2/3
rush brings nothing that we don't already have in granger/dunleavy

we could've had a dynamic point guard.. big, athletic, can drive and shoot. he reminds me of a derron williams type player.  i know we just brought in ford but bayless was the best player available in my book.  a steal at #11.  

i hate to say it but bird has got to go.
Logged
UNIT
Hall of Famer
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 17983


Respect: +57

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2008, 08:44:32 pm »
0

on realgm.com, in pacers forum.. they are talking about invading the pacers front office.. to cancel trade.
Logged
sportsnut
Starter
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 795

Respect: +8

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2008, 08:47:58 pm »
0

Quote from: "Bball Unit"
on realgm.com, in pacers forum.. they are talking about invading the pacers front office.. to cancel trade.


count me in
Logged
UNIT
Hall of Famer
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 17983


Respect: +57

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2008, 09:09:52 pm »
0

if i was in indiana.. i wouldnt mind getting arrested for it.
Logged
sportsnut
Starter
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 795

Respect: +8

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2008, 09:13:11 pm »
0

me too
Logged
sportsnut
Starter
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 795

Respect: +8

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2008, 09:14:16 pm »
0

i wanna hear what birds comments on the trade are.  probably gonna be that lame we picked him because we saw potential, and grabbed jack as a good back up pg BS.  

can we trade bird?
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
 
 
Jump to: