Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pacers 11th pick.  (Read 7913 times)
Drexler-Roy
All-Star

Respect: 0

« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2008, 01:05:57 pm »

BBall as I said it was a pre-arranged deal if either Augustin or Bayless were available.Jack is worth more than a 2 spot drop in the lottery.If it had been Augustin there instead you would be talking about how good a deal for Indiana it was.But it was Bayless who slipped so it doesn't seem like as good a deal.It still is actually a good deal for both teams and once a deal is made under these circumstances you must follow through on the original deal or no team will trust you to ever make such a deal in the future limiting your options

Greenwing wrote
Finally, I'm going to state this right now.  The Bulls will have a better record next season that the Portland Trailblazers.
Portland record 54-28
Chicago record 41-41
UNIT
Hall of Famer

Respect: +57

« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2008, 10:00:38 pm »

lol but we also traded ike diogu.. who to me is more than a throw in.. he is a legit post up player.

and this is a billion dollar business, larry bird shouldnt make prearranged deals.
Drexler-Roy
All-Star

Respect: 0

« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2008, 01:13:09 pm »

Pre-arranged deals are made all the time in the draft. the only thing that Bird should have done different is make a rider on the deal that if it was Bayless more would be added. Of course he probably never thought Bayless would fall that far and didn't want to risk the deal that was on the table already.Diogu will probably only play one season in Portland and remember McRoberts was also in the deal

Greenwing wrote
Finally, I'm going to state this right now.  The Bulls will have a better record next season that the Portland Trailblazers.
Portland record 54-28
Chicago record 41-41
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Jump to: