Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: FREE AGENT RULES  (Read 18787 times)
UNIT
Hall of Famer

« on: May 15, 2008, 11:00:20 pm »

before we can do free agency, we need teams to calculate there salary and send it too me, so i can past it next to each teams on the limeups thread.
then once thats complete, i'll make a thread for Free Agents to be signed and for people to bid.

1. We don't start until everyones cap is in place. and everyteam has a active GM.

2. We are going to bid on restricted FAs first, then once thats out of the way, we will move onto non-restricted.

3. The Cap is 58M exact.

4. MLE is 5M exact.

5. LLE is 2M exact.

6.  If your under the cap, you can use that too sign players to the level cap.
example: if your 12.8M under the cap, at 45.2M for 2009, you can sign a FA up to 12.8M

7. The reason we are doing it like this, is cause this is only 2009 yearly based and teams under the cap by only 1M could go crazy and sign a player for 20M and it wouldnt matter too them, cause they only have the team for 1 year.

8.  The year length doesnt matter.

9. Then after reaching your cap level, teams then can use there MLE to bid for players.

10. If teams over the cap both offer there max(MLE) for the same player, the team who has the smaller salary cap, gets the player.
so a team with a cap of 62M will get the player before a team with 70M cap.

11. Same situation applies for LLE.

12. Cap space and MLE and LLE cant be combined.

13. Restricted FAs: if a team offers up to 13M for example, the orginal team can deside if they want to match it.

14. Non-Restricted FAs: the bidding is free go for everyone, obivously the teams under the cap, have the better chance.

15. I'll Make a nice clean page. with each team, next to it i'll post:
Cap:
Remaining: MLE Money
Remaining: LLE Money

16. On that same page below i'll have list of Restricted and Nonrestricted FAs.

17. I'll post each bid update(fucck this will be alot of work) and the date it was posted.

18. If no-one bids higher after 24 hours, the player will be theres.(24 hrs seems along time, but remember its alot of work for me too check everyplayer)

19. Bidding will be done in bids of 100,000. then after 5Million they have to be in 200,000s.

20. Everytime you grab a player, PM me with the details of the change (coz im not going to make it officail otherwise and if you dont PM me, ill spend all year on the calculator).

any questions?
Skippy
a.k.a. superCoolBeas & slapCHOP & Dwyane & Skipster & Metta World Peace
Hall of Famer

LIKE A BOSS

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 11:02:55 pm »

Total salary and cap space/cap roomo right??

Ill do it in a minute.

I have a MLE and LLE, which I can use in some minor tweaks...

LET'S GO HEAT.
rye
a.k.a. ryecyd
Hall of Famer

You don't like me? Well... I dont give a f*ck!

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 11:03:21 pm »

im hopelessly over the cap, with having kobe, tmac and other 4+million salary players. does that mean i cant sign anyone anymore?

i have novak and kristic expiring and if i lose them, i'll be left with 11 players. can i just re sign nenad to a min contract?

Quote from: brianskinner=gay
he is a *** he is a theif he recently stole jewlery from my sister amounting to significant dollars american folks.  He like i said before is a ***.  Is it my sisters fault he is a no life drunk who can't even dunk the damn ball.  He has no money so he resorts to stealing from young women.  Once again he is a ***.  He should be stopped. Anybody knowing brian skinner should tell him he is a ***.  Tell brian skinner he needs to get a life, i tried using him on nba 2k9 but he is horrible he should just quit now and
RyanThePorchKid
Starter

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2008, 11:32:02 pm »

i still wanna kno how resigning players works. i would look to extend some of my guys because i have 9 expiring contracts

tong
MVP

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2008, 11:32:41 pm »

we will bid on everyone. its probable that someone will want him for over the minimum. otherwise, if you win, you can keep him. but you have to match if you want to keep him and someone else bids.

you can sign people with your MLE (5.1 mil) and your lle (2.1) and go over the cap, but people with cap space can sign for more

CAP SPACE AND MLE AND LLE CAN'T BE COMBINED

I'VE EXPLAINED THIS LIKE 10 TIMES. READ IT, GET USED TO IT, MEMORIZE IT, WHATEVER. I'M NOT EXPLAINING THIS AGAIN.

RyanThePorchKid
Starter

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2008, 11:36:34 pm »

we allowed to go over the cap when resigning players?

tong
MVP

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2008, 11:41:10 pm »

Quote from: "RyanThePorchKid"

YES!

RyanThePorchKid
Starter

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2008, 11:44:25 pm »

Quote from: "atong518"

YES!

thank you. finally everything is cleared up after Dwayne cant xplain stuff cuz hes too distracted tryin to trade people he just acquired.

guess i only have the 2 exceptions to use

rye
a.k.a. ryecyd
Hall of Famer

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2008, 11:48:39 pm »

Quote from: "atong518"

YES!

thank you. finally everything is cleared up after Dwayne cant xplain stuff cuz hes too distracted tryin to trade people he just acquired.

guess i only have the 2 exceptions to use

he's so exited man!!

yeah, i have 1 guy that i'm planning to extend.

he is a *** he is a theif he recently stole jewlery from my sister amounting to significant dollars american folks.  He like i said before is a ***.  Is it my sisters fault he is a no life drunk who can't even dunk the damn ball.  He has no money so he resorts to stealing from young women.  Once again he is a ***.  He should be stopped. Anybody knowing brian skinner should tell him he is a ***.  Tell brian skinner he needs to get a life, i tried using him on nba 2k9 but he is horrible he should just quit now and
Skippy
Hall of Famer

LIKE A BOSS

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2008, 11:50:22 pm »

Funnny dude. what do you expect???

This is a trading game. if you dont know what your playing now porchkid,

LET'S GO HEAT.
rye
a.k.a. ryecyd
Hall of Famer

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2008, 11:51:46 pm »

Quote from: "Dwyane"

he knows, but you're just so exite and happy in trading. we also love the game but you surely love it much more than we do

RyanThePorchKid
Starter

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2008, 11:52:49 pm »

its a joke playa. take the advice of Lebron and SIT YO A$$ DOWN

Skippy
Hall of Famer

LIKE A BOSS

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2008, 11:53:02 pm »

Quote from: "ryecyd"

he knows, but you're just so exite and happy in trading. we also love the game but you surely love it much more than we do

lol Im calculating my salaries now.

LET'S GO HEAT.
tong
MVP

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2008, 12:00:50 am »

43.4 MILLION IN SALARY

Restricted Free Agents
Monta Ellis
Andris Biedrins
Kelenna Azubuike
Josh Childress
Shaun Livingston

Unrestricted
Jeremy Richardson
Austin Croshere

rye
a.k.a. ryecyd
Hall of Famer

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2008, 12:27:53 am »

salary:

lol this is lower than that of real life lakers!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Up

Jump to: