Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Official Chicago Bears Thread  (Read 54937 times)
ChitownBulls
MVP

Respect: +289

« Reply #60 on: April 09, 2009, 11:30:30 am »
+1

Orlando Pace has recently said he is trying to recruit Torry Holt to Chicago. Also something for us Bears fans to think about...Brandon Marshall is a FA next year!!! I know for fact he would consider Chicago next year to play with Cutler again. If Denver drafts a qb this year, i think their idiots,they need a RB and Defense. Qbs are going to be there every year...they just traded for Orton. If they draft a qb then they pretty much just traded Cutler for a backup QB. I think next year is the year they should draft their Qb.

DENG HE SUCKS!!!!
TradeMark
Starter

Respect: +1

« Reply #61 on: April 09, 2009, 03:33:38 pm »

Jay Cutler has reportedly reached out to Plaxico Burress, texting him that he'd love to have him in Chicago.

The guy is as talented as they come, but is he really worth the trouble?

With Brandon Marshall, will the Broncs let him hit the market, or would they just franchise him? I tend to think they would do the latter.

Derrick Rose on wearing #1: "That was my AAU number when I first started playing. I was the No. 1 draft pick. And hopefully I'll be No. 1 at my position."
No Pressure
MVP

Soul-

Respect: +432

« Reply #62 on: April 09, 2009, 05:35:59 pm »
+1

People tend to forget the Plaxico is in his 30's.  He is getting up their in age and Chicago has had enough players with legal troubles with Benson and Tank Johnson.  Plax will only bring the negatives here to Chicago when we are trying our best to remain positive.

GMJames
Star

Respect: 0

« Reply #63 on: April 09, 2009, 05:39:08 pm »

I predict they Sign Holt.

Mild Sauce
Hall of Famer

Respect: +180

« Reply #64 on: April 09, 2009, 10:16:45 pm »

I would love to see that happen, but again, I'll wait until it actually happens.

The tape over your mouth says more than words ever could.

They said heroin would be the best high I ever had, they lied.

Mild, he lays his glory by - Mendelssohn
ChitownBulls
MVP

« Reply #65 on: April 10, 2009, 12:12:18 am »
+1

I dont want anything to do with Plaxico. He has trouble written all over him. Plus he really only had 1 great season. The Superbowl year with the Giants. Other then that, i dont see him as a top 10 receiver in the league. I wouldnt mind Holt for a year or 2. Teach some of our young guys the ropes. Hester would benefit, Earl Bennet,Our draft pick, Rasheed Davis all should be helped by the signing of a guy like Holt.

DENG HE SUCKS!!!!
Mild Sauce
Hall of Famer

« Reply #66 on: April 12, 2009, 11:33:20 am »

Right, I don't want Plaxico either, the guy doesn't have a whole lot of time left, and the bigger problem is that he is a very risky player to take on due to his legal problems.

Holt, on the other hand, I feel still has a good couple of years ahead and is a man of character.

TradeMark
Starter

« Reply #67 on: April 20, 2009, 10:22:56 pm »

Torry Holt has signed a 3-year deal with the Jaguars.

I wonder if they are they gonna get a vet receiver now, or just hope they can draft a good one (or two)?

Derrick Rose on wearing #1: "That was my AAU number when I first started playing. I was the No. 1 draft pick. And hopefully I'll be No. 1 at my position."
Mild Sauce
Hall of Famer

« Reply #68 on: April 22, 2009, 07:07:17 pm »

Knowing the Bears, they'll probably just hope that a good one falls in their lap somewhere in the draft.

ChitownBulls
MVP

« Reply #69 on: April 24, 2009, 07:29:20 pm »
+1

BOLDINS on the block for a 2nd rounder!!!!! DO IT BEARS DO IT!!!!

DENG HE SUCKS!!!!
Mild Sauce
Hall of Famer

« Reply #70 on: April 24, 2009, 10:12:52 pm »

Seriously, is there a better WR out there on the block? Throw a late pick in there just to pin it down. This is a no-brainer!!!!

TradeMark
Starter

« Reply #71 on: April 24, 2009, 11:02:24 pm »

I'd love to see the Bears acquire Anquan Boldin. For a traditionally conservative team like us to make 2 blockbuster moves in a single offseason would be a great change of pace.

Mild Sauce
Hall of Famer

« Reply #72 on: April 24, 2009, 11:51:02 pm »

Exactly, and it's a smart move if you only have to give up a 2nd round for him, plus a late round pick to put yourself above everyone else

TradeMark
Starter

« Reply #73 on: April 26, 2009, 08:57:12 am »

Angelo said they engaged the Cards in talks for Boldin, but AZ wasn't serious about moving him. The Bears wanted Brian Robiskie from OSU @ #49, but he was long gone, so we traded out of day 1.

We're going to have to add a vet WR. I didn't realize until yesterday Mike Furrey's a free agent. He lead the NFC in receptions not too long ago, could he be a decent pick up? Justin McCareins, NIU guy. Darrell Jackson? Drew Bennett? Amani Toomer? Somebody, man.

Maybe we can grab OU's Juaquin Iglesias in day 2, but I don't think we can rely on the cadre of unproven WRs we've got.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 09:29:57 am by TradeMark » Logged

ChitownBulls
MVP

« Reply #74 on: April 26, 2009, 09:26:17 am »
+1

I liked Brandon Tate from North Carolina but now he is gone...so now were down to Iglesias and the Florida guy Murphy. Even the safety from Alabama is still there i think.

DENG HE SUCKS!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Up

Jump to: