Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Official Chicago Bears Thread  (Read 54462 times)
cselby
Hall of Famer

Respect: +2791

« Reply #90 on: October 20, 2009, 03:11:47 pm »

yes, yes I am, have been since I started watching football

Soon....
Vision
Starter

Respect: +2

« Reply #91 on: October 20, 2009, 03:45:30 pm »

When you think about it, the Bears are built pretty much like the Bulls. For some strange reason Chicago sports just don't seem to believe in having star players.

"We can't walk around acting like we're not going to make it because that's when things turn on you. Our biggest goal is to make the playoffs, and we're going to make it." Derrick Rose!
Mild Sauce
Hall of Famer

Respect: +180

« Reply #92 on: October 23, 2009, 01:01:39 am »

Eh, I wouldn't say that, they've had one of the top linebackers in the entire league for the last 8 or so years, they've had one of the top outside linebackers in the league for a while now, and they just traded for one of the top quarterbacks in the league this past offseason. Let's not forget that they've had possibly the best center in the league over the last 8 years as well. On top of that, they may have gotten lucky, but Forte was one of the top running backs in total yards last year, and if they would do what they've done in previous years with their offensive line (put some of the top guys out there), then he might be able to get some running room this year. They've had plenty of star power, but they just haven't been able to fill out the rest of it.

The tape over your mouth says more than words ever could.

They said heroin would be the best high I ever had, they lied.

Mild, he lays his glory by - Mendelssohn
Vision
Starter

Respect: +2

« Reply #93 on: October 23, 2009, 04:05:16 am »

I suppose your right Mildsauce, but the Bears just really tic me off sometimes.  They're like a rotten Banana, sweet but soggy.

"We can't walk around acting like we're not going to make it because that's when things turn on you. Our biggest goal is to make the playoffs, and we're going to make it." Derrick Rose!
Mild Sauce
Hall of Famer

« Reply #94 on: October 24, 2009, 05:32:25 pm »

Yeah, I think they need to go back to using the draft to get their main players since they've got Cutler for a while and Briggs on the other side of the ball. Instead, they're trading away draft picks. The Patriots have done a great job by working with the draft, and I think the Bears should be able to do the same, outside of the first round they seem to do a very good job drafting guys.

GMJames
Star

Respect: 0

« Reply #95 on: January 10, 2010, 11:09:12 am »

BEARS SUMMER & DRAFT 2010:

First: Whatever $$$ it takes, Sign WR Brandon Marshal as a Free Agent.

Second: Sign or Trade for a Legit Right O Tackle, And move Williams back to left.

Third: Find a solid versitile starter ready Offensive Guard.

Now for the draft:

Third Round: Take a Defensive Tackle. (Tommy Harris needs a Fridge) I like the kid from Alabama(Terrance Cody 6'5" 365 lbs.), But would be surprised he makes it to the third round. But whoever they need to be athletic but over 300 lbs. well over.

Forth Round: Cornerback  Javier Arenas 5'9" 198 Lbs. Alabama's Great Corner/Returner Man
(Then they need to move Tillman to FS)

Fifth Round: OG - Casey Bender 6'6" 295 Lbs. South Dakota, It's cold there. (I all ready got a veteran OG in Free Agency, Now I get a young talent to mold)

Sixth Round: Outside Linebacker Jeremy Beal 6'3" 253 Lbs. Oklahoma (Hunter couldn't kill a cold)

7th Round: Who Cares.

Coaching Choices: I can live with Marks for the offense. But i'd rather they go get Cutler's old QB coach Jeremy Bates from Denver. And for the Defense, GO GET RIVERA BACK.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 11:57:51 am by GMJames » Logged

youngrazzle7
MVP

Respect: +36

« Reply #96 on: January 10, 2010, 02:03:01 pm »

ya made a great signing for defensive coach, as a bills fan im def. gonna miss perry, he did alot with us thru all the injuries

Bulls / Bills / Marlins / Noles
ben gordon was a guy he trusted and always passed to when he was open.  those other guys are not the kind of shooters i'm talking about, they are more mid range guys.  how many times did we see rose get hinrich, deng or salmons a wide open shot and those guys would pump fake then try to step in to get a better shot and end up passing up a wide open 3 for a contested 20 footer? they are not the kind of guy's rose needs.  i said when he was drafted that deng and hinrich had to go and
Mild Sauce
Hall of Famer

« Reply #97 on: January 10, 2010, 02:10:40 pm »

It's not official yet, but I would be happy with that signing if it's true.

cselby
Hall of Famer

« Reply #98 on: January 10, 2010, 04:37:35 pm »

ya made a great signing for defensive coach, as a bills fan im def. gonna miss perry, he did alot with us thru all the injuries

Odd, I didn't think the Bills had any fans.

Soon....
Mild Sauce
Hall of Famer

« Reply #99 on: January 11, 2010, 10:53:20 pm »

Hahaha, don't you have family members who are Bills fans?

cselby
Hall of Famer

« Reply #100 on: January 12, 2010, 09:51:14 am »

Hahaha, don't you have family members who are Bills fans?

Actually yes, my cousin is a Bills fan. I guess that makes 2 of 'em.

Soon....
Mild Sauce
Hall of Famer

« Reply #101 on: January 12, 2010, 08:55:13 pm »

Yeah, I think we've got 'em all covered now.

bullsfan913323
Star

Respect: 0

« Reply #102 on: March 05, 2010, 01:16:39 pm »

Julius Peppers to the bears? Wow, what a sign.

Scheyer for HOF

Neil Funk does reverse dunks before every bulls games.

Please stop faking injuries Tyrus Thomas.

RIP Johnny Red and Norm. You were awesome.

Banned due to racist remarks. "Racist". You can follow me through my blog. Yeah..
ChitownBulls
MVP

Respect: +289

« Reply #103 on: March 05, 2010, 04:47:14 pm »
+1

Ya definitely surprised they emptied the pockets for him lol About time a team in Chicago spent some money....Peppers ended up taking less money to come to Chicago then what he would of made in Philly, Carolina or Washington. Chester Taylor could end up being a starter for us....so thats also a decent sign....

Now we need to trade Greg Olsen. Either Greg Olsen for a draft pick (to use to get Boldin,Cardinals just want a 2nd or 3rd rounder for him) or Greg Olsen and our 4th rounder for Boldin or Marshall. If something like that happens....then wow lol Bears would have a great offseason.

DENG HE SUCKS!!!!
Mild Sauce
Hall of Famer

« Reply #104 on: March 05, 2010, 06:04:53 pm »

I love all 3 signings they made today, 3 30 year old players, the biggest concern from age would be Taylor, since he's a running back, but then again, he hasn't had to carry a very heavy load throughout his career, so he's probably still got a few good years left, and he still won't have to carry too heavy of a load. Peppers speaks for himself, and Manumanu.... or whatever he's called, Brandon, is a very good blocking tight end, which is something the Bears could use.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up

Jump to: