Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: #2 Pick  (Read 3557 times)
Skippy
a.k.a. superCoolBeas & slapCHOP & Dwyane & Skipster & Metta World Peace
Hall of Famer

LIKE A BOSS

Respect: +950

« on: May 21, 2008, 07:52:40 pm »

First of all, I come in peace, again, Im not here for trouble kids, many posters are reallly composing silly trades, but Im here to say, WE ARE NOT TRADING THE 2ND PICK, ESP TO THE CHICAGO BULLS LAWL.

- You have the 1st pick, we're no isiah led team
- Your in the east, how cute.
- You had some history of rivalry between Miami, so.
- and you dont have the players we're looking for,
- Beasley or Rose, whoever is the Bulls's leftover, Miami is happy with it, no need to trade it.
- We will only trade it for proven damn all-stars (Howard, Lebron)

Or in short, we wont trade it to you or to any team ever.

LET'S GO HEAT.
Jason Rubin
a.k.a. greenwing
MVP

Respect: +26

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 08:20:10 pm »

If this is some sort of anger trip because of the Hinrich and Deng proposal I made in the Heat section, you didn't have to come here and make a topic about it.  It seems as if you're unbelievably offended that anyone would suggest such a thing.  Your own GM has admitted that he might trade the pick.  And the Miami Herald believes the pick could be traded in some sort of package involving Hinrich.

ChitownBulls
MVP

Respect: +289

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 08:24:39 pm »

To tell you guys the truth i am actaully happy for the Heat also, they are too good of a team to just suck again this year. Wade Marion an Beasley is gonna be something to watch also. 2 bigtime players are gonna be in the east now. Rose an Beasley.

DENG HE SUCKS!!!!
Jason Rubin
a.k.a. greenwing
MVP

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 08:30:18 pm »

Quote from: "ChitownBulls"
To tell you guys the truth i am actaully happy for the Heat also, they are too good of a team to just suck again this year. Wade Marion an Beasley is gonna be something to watch also. 2 bigtime players are gonna be in the east now. Rose an Beasley.

Hey Chi, just so know you what trade I propsed, it was Hinrich and Deng for Beasley and Blount.  We'd be giving away a lot of young, but veteran, talent.  However, look at how each team would look:

Miami = Hinrich, Wade, Deng, Marion, some free agent big body

Chicago = Rose, Gordon, Thomas, Beasley, Noah

Feel free for anyone to disagree, but I think those are both potential contenders.

ChitownBulls
MVP

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008, 08:37:44 pm »

To tell you the truth greenwing, right before i went to bed last night i thought about the same thing lol I mean it is possible but would it happen i doubt it just because we then would have the 1 an 2 pick an that just doesnt happen. I think some Miami fans would actaully like it, i would too. We would be unbelievably young, but i mean it wouldnt matter with players like that i dont think. By the 2nd year of them all playing together they would be darn good. Hinrich an Deng would make them really good i think. They just would need a center.

DENG HE SUCKS!!!!
Skippy
Hall of Famer

LIKE A BOSS

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2008, 08:40:46 pm »

Quote from: "greenwing"
If this is some sort of anger trip because of the Hinrich and Deng proposal I made in the Heat section, you didn't have to come here and make a topic about it.  It seems as if you're unbelievably offended that anyone would suggest such a thing.  Your own GM has admitted that he might trade the pick.  And the Miami Herald believes the pick could be traded in some sort of package involving Hinrich.

Thats what GM'S are about, being open minded in possiblities.

and the Herald lawl PICK AND HINRICH I LOL'ED LOL.

Wont happen, now I ask you if you were in Miami's place, lol.

LET'S GO HEAT.
Jason Rubin
a.k.a. greenwing
MVP

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2008, 08:46:43 pm »

Quote from: "Dwyane"

Thats what GM'S are about, being open minded in possiblities.

and the Herald lawl PICK AND HINRICH I LOL'ED LOL.

Wont happen, now I ask you if you were in Miami's place, lol.

I always try to think about the other team's point of view before I propose a trade.  I would absolutely do it.  The NBA is about winning now.  Look at the Celtics.  They have a "Big Three".  Rondo has "bloomed" into a mediocre point guard.  But they have no center whatsoever.  Miami could potentially have a "Big Four".  How are you, as an opponent, going to stop all four of those guys?  Wade and Deng will probably be all-stars.  Marion will be all-star caliber (too many good PFs in the East).  Hinrich will still be a solid point guard and will help Wade look not as embarrassing on D.  All you need is a big man who can stay in the game and create spacing.  He doesn't have to do much else and you're suddenly an instant contender.

I've been saying ever since the Shaq trade that Miami was just one player away from being back in the East elite.  Beasley, while he's probably going to be very good, he's not going to put up Marion or Deng-like numbers next season.  And he may be overhyped.  You're getting guaranteed good players to pair up with players you know are very good.  You really can't lose.

ChitownBulls
MVP

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2008, 08:47:34 pm »

If im Miami, i would probably just stick with Beasley, just how most Bulls fans are. You can pretty much offer us anything but its gonna be hard to get rid of Rose when he is in our hands.

DENG HE SUCKS!!!!
BteamBomber
MVP

Respect: +8

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2008, 09:05:45 pm »

See the thing about Miami is that they already have their number 1 option and a very good number 2 option (Marion).  Their problem is that they dont' have any solid role players next to them.  They are missing the same thing that the Cavs are missing.  Well, the Bulls are currently missing a number 1 AND a number 2 option, and they have gobs and gobs of great veteran role players.  Dwyane, maybe you would accept my trade proposal that I posted yesterday.

Hinrich, Deng, Noah and next seasons unprotected 1st rounder.  Now you get THREE starters and another draft pick for one starter at a position you already have filled.  

See, heres the Heats biggest dilemma.  If Beasley is your pick, then Marion WILL walk.  He does not want to share minutes with Beasley, and both of them are tweener 3/4 type players, so they will both fit into the same part of the Heats scheme.  Now, if the Heat land Rose or a big time trade that DOESN'T impose on Marion, then he is more likely to stay, especially if they do something that will make them instant contenders.  

I mean,

Hinrich
Wade
Deng
Marion/Haslem
Noah
and two 1st rounders next season is a top 3 team in the East next year.  

You've got to admit that thats a better lineup than drafting Beasley, losing Marion and fielding
Jason Williams
Wade
Dorell Wright
Beasley
Blount

That team is about as good as this years, and you only get one pick next season to add to it.  Beasley, Wade and the current roster minus Marion still sucks.  Three legitimate veteran starters AND keeping Marion with Wade is a much better proposition for you.

"Arguing on the internet is like competing in the special Olympics, even if you win you're STILL retarded"

I would like to thank all of you for your personal attention and devotion to the goings on in my life.  I see it as a great sign of respect and awe of the effects I've had on each of you.  Rest assured, I will continue to post in a way that keeps me at the center of your thoughts and minds every time you log into hoopshype.
amcarlson83
Journeyman

Respect: 0

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2008, 10:26:09 pm »

Hey Chi, just so know you what trade I propsed, it was Hinrich and Deng for Beasley and Blount.  We'd be giving away a lot of young, but veteran, talent.  However, look at how each team would look:

Feel free for anyone to disagree, but I think those are both potential contenders.

First of all, where is Gooden? (I'm still not use to him being on our team)

Second, that would make us way too young.  Are you proposing starting from square one?  you have 3 guys in the starting lineup (?) who can still play in the rookie challenge, and i think Thomas is not going to live up to his potential.   (flat out, Thomas sucks... sorry dreamers)

Third, that makes an East rival of our too good.  And the guy who said to add Noah and an unprotected 1st round pick for next year is high.

I think I'm hilarious.
Jason Rubin
a.k.a. greenwing
MVP

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2008, 11:24:10 pm »

Quote from: "amcarlson83"

First of all, where is Gooden? (I'm still not use to him being on our team)

Second, that would make us way too young.  Are you proposing starting from square one?  you have 3 guys in the starting lineup (?) who can still play in the rookie challenge, and i think Thomas is not going to live up to his potential.   (flat out, Thomas sucks... sorry dreamers)

Third, that makes an East rival of our too good.  And the guy who said to add Noah and an unprotected 1st round pick for next year is high.

I agree, adding in that pick and Noah is ridiculous.  However, your argument regarding Miami improving is not really relevant.  Marion is not going to walk away from Miami if they choose to keep him.  He's been playing the 3, anyway, so Beasley won't affect his playing time.  That's one of the advantages of Marion.  You want to talk about combo guards?  He's a combo forward.  He's not really quick enough to play the 3, yet he's undersized at the 4.  However, he still plays well regardless of what position he's playing in.

Do I believe Hinrich and Deng will make the Heat stronger than if they just had Beasley?  Yes, I do.  Does that make them better than us?  In either case, no.

The reason I listed Beasley over Gooden is because with Beasley, Gooden becomes expendable.  If that trade were to happen, I fully expect Gooden to be on the bench.  We would want Thomas to develop since Gooden is an expiring contract and with him off and eventually Gordon off the books the following season, you can almost guarantee that with all of that salary cap space that we'd be saving ourselves, we could land Dwayne Wade the following year.

In addition, although that lineup is extremely young, it is a lot more talented than back in the days of Duhon, Hinrich, Deng/Nocioni, Chandler and Curry with Gordon as the sixth man.  You give those guys one season of playing together and they'll be amazing the following year - especially if the Bulls land Wade.

However, the flexibility we have right now is amazing.  We don't have to go the young route.  We could easily trade for Carmelo Anthony if we wanted.  A package of Deng (sign-and-trade) and Hinrich would also get the job done there.  And the Bulls would still be saving salary cap space even with Larry Hughes in their lineup.  Rose, Gordon, Melo, Thomas and Noah would be solid.

It is an absolutely wonderful time right now to be a Bulls fan.  And as much as I am usually against saying this, I am willing to wait another year or two for a championship.  If we stay with a young squad, they'll be incredibly exciting to watch.

fisher
Undrafted

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2008, 12:39:36 am »

First of all, I come in peace, again, Im not here for trouble kids, many posters are reallly composing silly trades, but Im here to say, WE ARE NOT TRADING THE 2ND PICK, ESP TO THE CHICAGO BULLS LAWL.

- Beasley or Rose, whoever is the Bulls's leftover, Miami is happy with it, no need to trade it.

And the point of this post was?
Skippy
Hall of Famer

LIKE A BOSS

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2008, 03:23:28 am »

Quote from: "fisher"

To tell kids like your fellow fans the pick is forbidden, you need eyeglasses son.

And, no, it wont make our team, Chicago Bulls bias, all day, all night!

Peace, lock. (since my message got spread, we wont trade it to you homes.)

LET'S GO HEAT.
fisher
Undrafted

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2008, 01:01:40 pm »

To tell kids like your fellow fans the pick is forbidden, you need eyeglasses son.

What?  Nobody here was seriously talking about landing the #2 pick in addition to the #1 overall.  I'm not even sure if I'd even want to get the 2nd overall because we already have a ton of young guys on this roster who need time to develop.  I'd like to see Bulls management make a cosolidation trade for a more established player to go with our #1 pick.
Jason Rubin
a.k.a. greenwing
MVP

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2008, 01:20:59 pm »

Who croaked and made you the GM of the Heat?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Jump to: