Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: how to reload  (Read 3634 times)
lakas tama
Journeyman

Respect: 0

« on: May 24, 2008, 06:39:49 am »

how will the spurs add talent to their roster?

ito ang tama!
Skippy
a.k.a. superCoolBeas & slapCHOP & Dwyane & Skipster & Metta World Peace
Hall of Famer

LIKE A BOSS

Respect: +950

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2008, 05:55:22 pm »

Draft, trade for youngsters, damn spurs is a retirement home lawl.

Build around Tony Parker, and Manu, trade Duncan for the Bulls' Pick?

LET'S GO HEAT.
skromfols
Undrafted

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2008, 05:43:24 pm »

how will the spurs add talent to their roster?

They can always try to trade their starting 5 for Kobe.
Big Fundemental
Starter

Respect: +39

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2008, 06:44:19 pm »

Yeah..that'll work....
tranum
Benchwarmer

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 03:19:17 am »

I am guessing the Spurs are probably not going to be making any big moves this off-season.  I am guessing they will probably resign a few players and pick up a few free agents that would serve as role players for the team.  I think the Spurs are going to try to sign a big name player about two years from now.  Overall I think the Spurs are going to be fine for the next four seasons.  They seem to kinda have somewhat a plan already so I wouldn't be too worried.

tbdog85
Benchwarmer

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2008, 04:59:32 am »

After next season the spurs have heaps to spend. Even if they resign Manu they will still have a load of cash to use. This of course would not be the case if TD did not take a massive pay cut.
tplay
All-Star

Respect: +7

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2008, 08:43:40 am »

Quote from: "tbdog85"
After next season the spurs have heaps to spend. Even if they resign Manu they will still have a load of cash to use. This of course would not be the case if TD did not take a massive pay cut.
after TWO seasons, and "heaps of cash" is a bit much, half their money will be spent on two players (parker, duncan)so they'll have about 32 mil to spend on 10 players

I once met Steve and Josh in real life.
lakas tama
Journeyman

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2008, 11:20:18 pm »

manu eats up 10 mil of it so just 22

ito ang tama!
Pervis Ellison
a.k.a. kinghandles & thegloriousbasterd & Mr.Rings & Chandler & BRUCE XY & duncan-ginobilifan & airball & Kingdomcum
MVP

Respect: +2

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2008, 04:16:13 am »

CDR is the perfect guy at draft time

a spurs, knicks, greg oden fan
Scoops
Undrafted

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2008, 04:41:22 pm »

Quote from: "tranum"
I am guessing the Spurs are probably not going to be making any big moves this off-season.  I am guessing they will probably resign a few players and pick up a few free agents that would serve as role players for the team.  I think the Spurs are going to try to sign a big name player about two years from now.  Overall I think the Spurs are going to be fine for the next four seasons.  They seem to kinda have somewhat a plan already so I wouldn't be too worried.

I agree with the statement that they will not make any big moves, because in reality they don't need any. They do need a new shipment of role players though.

As far as the next four seasons, I am a little concerned. The new wave of NBA prospects that are coming in and turning teams around is bringing the Spurs closer and closer to mediocrity. Sometime in the next 2-3 seasons if the Spurs want to remain a contender, they will have to bring in another very good player. Maybe not necessarily a superstar, but definitely an impact player.
DeJa
Benchwarmer

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2008, 06:46:00 pm »

Team is getting old (Bowen is 37 already) and if they dont shake up the roster they'll just lose players as they'll retire one day... Sadly they couldnt bring the brazilian Thiago Splitter from over seas...he's only 23 and would be perfect to play with Duncan...hes turning into one of the best defensive bigs in Europe...

B. Udrih / B. Jackson / B. Brown
K. Martin / Q. Douby
J. Salmons  / F. Garcia / D. Greene /
M. Moore / J. Thompson / S. Williams / K. Thomas / S. Abdur-Rahim
B. Miller / S. Hawes
tranum
Benchwarmer

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2008, 10:26:31 pm »

Quote from: "Scoops"

I agree with the statement that they will not make any big moves, because in reality they don't need any. They do need a new shipment of role players though.

As far as the next four seasons, I am a little concerned. The new wave of NBA prospects that are coming in and turning teams around is bringing the Spurs closer and closer to mediocrity. Sometime in the next 2-3 seasons if the Spurs want to remain a contender, they will have to bring in another very good player. Maybe not necessarily a superstar, but definitely an impact player.

The Spurs have shown no signs that they are moving towards mediocrity.  Did you know only once during this spurs dynasty era the team has made it to the western conference finals two years in a row?  2007 and 2008...if we look at the spurs team in two year spans we see that the past two seasons have been the most successful.  

As for role players the team has a few already. They should have quite a few role players next season: Finely (plans on re-signing), Bowen, Oberto, Berry and Udoka.  There is a good chance that the spurs will re-sign Horry and with their two draft picks that leaves at the most one spot open on their roster.  

There is no need for spurs fans to panic.  I think we can expect to see pretty much the same spurs team on the court next year.  I think all of the spurs haters are hoping that the team is going downhill

The Big Three
Undrafted

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2008, 01:01:41 pm »

Quote from: "Scoops"

The Spurs have shown no signs that they are moving towards mediocrity.  Did you know only once during this spurs dynasty era the team has made it to the western conference finals two years in a row?  2007 and 2008...if we look at the spurs team in two year spans we see that the past two seasons have been the most successful.  

As for role players the team has a few already. They should have quite a few role players next season: Finely (plans on re-signing), Bowen, Oberto, Berry and Udoka.  There is a good chance that the spurs will re-sign Horry and with their two draft picks that leaves at the most one spot open on their roster.  

There is no need for spurs fans to panic.  I think we can expect to see pretty much the same spurs team on the court next year.  I think all of the spurs haters are hoping that the team is going downhill

Yeah, the Spurs are showing signs of moving towards mediocrity.  Duncan and Ginobili are both in their thirties, at least I know Gino's close, Bowen's 37, right now if we stick with the same old group of players, we're going to suck once Duncan and crew leave.  Also, Coach Popovich is going to leave probably at the same time as Duncan, so we're probably going to then enter a new era, I think we might have a year or two where Ginobili and Parker keep the team in contention for a low playoff seed, but they they'll leave and we'll have to rebuild with a new coach and new players.  The one good thing about it is that we'll have a lot of cap space when they retire to use.

If we keep the role players like you said, (Finley, Thomas, Oberto, Barry, and Horry) we will be fucked next year.  We'll probably be a middle seed in the playoffs, we could even get out in the first round if we play a tough enough team.  We need to let most of those guys go this offseason, I don't want to see both Finley and Barry on the team together next year, we can keep one but I'm hoping they'd be the 3rd string guy that comes in on occasion to shoot a three.  Get rid of Horry, Oberto has a multiyear deal so we can't trade him.  Thomas would be a good resigning, and since Splitter's not coming over he's even more of a priority.  Hopefully Mahinmi can develop well this year, we need a good athletic guy who can play defense and not let guys like David West blow by them so easily.  If he pans out then we don't need another big in the rotation.  Basically I would like to see us go after younger players this offseason, maybe Corey Maggette if he decides to sign with us, I've heard about Ben Gordon though Chicago would match MLE easy.  Carlos Delfino and some other young players I've heard be mentioned, we basically need to get rid of our old guys and get some youth around the core players.

As I mentioned above, there is reason to at least be a little worried, we obviously don't have the tools to win a championship with our current roster, and that's our goal.  We don't want to settle for being conference championship runners up or make it far but not win the chip.  We're so close to winning another one that we don't settle for missing out on the finals even if we had a good year.  And this is coming from a Spurs fan, not a Spurs hater.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: