Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Miami Toronto Philadelphia  (Read 5766 times)
[)-Wa[)3
Benchwarmer

« on: May 25, 2008, 11:35:56 pm »

Miami Heat
Trade:
 - Shawn Marion
 - Udonis Haslem
 - Ricky Davis
 - Chris Quinn

Recieve:
 - Samuel Dalembert
 - Jason Kapono
 - Jose Calderon
 - Andrea Bargnani
 - Carlos Delfino

Toronto Raptors
Trade:
 - Jason Kapono
 - Jose Calderon
 - Andrea Bargnani
 - Carlos Delfino

Recieve:
 - Shawn Marion
 - Chris Quinn

Philadelpia 76ers
Trade:
 - Samuel Dalembert

Recieve:
 - Udonis Haslem
 - Ricky Davis

Starting Line-ups

Miami Heat
PG: Jose Calderon
SG: Dwyane Wade
SF: Jason Kapono/Dorrell Wright
PF: Michael Beasley
C: Samuel Dalembert

Toronto Raptors

PG: TJ Ford
SG: Anthony Parker
SF: Shawn Marion
PF: Chris Bosh
C: Kosta Koufos

Philadelphia 76er's
PG: Andre Miller
SG: Ricky Davis
SF: Andre Igoudala
PF: Udonis Haslem
C: JaVale McGee

*I can take Chris Quinn back from Raptors if Shawn Marion is enough*

Reasons Miami Heat

Miami solves the problem at the PG position and Calderon is the perfect compliment to D-Wade with his outside shooting ability being over 40%. They also solve their defensive problem in the front-court with Dalembert, who also provides a double double very consistently. I loved Kapono with the Heat and, if you watched him play with Wade, you'd realize he is the perfect compliment to Wade when we need outside shooting and have Dorrell when we need to run and need more athleticism or defense.

Toronto Raptors

Toronto needs help at the SF position and one more all-star to put them over the top. Marion would be great next to Bosh and Ford. He fits well with there 3-point shooting, he has loads of athleticism, and he takes a load of pressure off Bosh. Quinn is a great back-up PG and if Marion is enough I could keep from trading Quinn and keep him on the bench. But, he provides outside shooting like the Raptors like, and is coming off a great year where he showed his amazing potential. They also draft a much needed C in Koufos since Nesterovic isn't doing much.

Philadelphia 76er's

Philly's lack of 3-point shooting was their downfall in the Detroit series. They are the worst 3-point shooting team in the league and Ricky Davis adds a much needed outside threat. They get a great, hardworking PF in Haslem who is good for a double-double and can run with this extremely athletic team, and draft a C in McGee to put in place of Dalembert.

tong
MVP

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008, 11:38:41 pm »

pretty terrible for everyone but miami again. why does philadelphia or toronto do this?

[)-Wa[)3
Benchwarmer

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2008, 11:49:10 pm »

Quote from: "atong518"
pretty terrible for everyone but miami again. why does philadelphia or toronto do this?

Toronto are either going to get something in return for Calderon, or nothing. I think Marion is good enough and especially with his contract expiring 17 million, they would be great spenders in next seasons Free Agent Market. They barely used Kapono and are overpaying him for a barely used bench player. Bargnani is a bust and everyone knows it and Delfino is already talking about playing oversea's so thats another player gone with nothing in return. The 76er's have no 3-point shooters and Ricky Davis made over 40% of his three's this past season. He adds that factor to their game. Udonis matches Dalembert's stats in almost every respect except for blocked shots, but they shouldn't miss him too much once they draft McGee. So why exactly is this bad for everyone?

Skippy
a.k.a. superCoolBeas & slapCHOP & Dwyane & Skipster & Metta World Peace
Hall of Famer

LIKE A BOSS

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2008, 11:51:40 pm »

Looking good for Miami, we exit with a damn good depth (not that deep but it's good nuff)

LET'S GO HEAT.
lspank
Journeyman

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2008, 12:09:43 am »

haha nice try but thats never going to happen

toronto would never trade a 1st overall pick, a break out point guard, the best 3 shooter in the league and a solid role player for a guy on his last year of contract

76ers young guys like thadeus, green, williams and dalembert just had really solid season and you think they will trade their C and stick their young guys behind haslem and ricky (buckets) davis..
fair enough they need help at pf but no!
[)-Wa[)3
Benchwarmer

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2008, 12:23:56 am »

Quote from: "lspank"

toronto would never trade a 1st overall pick, a break out point guard, the best 3 shooter in the league and a solid role player for a guy on his last year of contract

76ers young guys like thadeus, green, williams and dalembert just had really solid season and you think they will trade their C and stick their young guys behind haslem and ricky (buckets) davis..

Your point at Bargnani being a 1st overall pick? He shouldn't of been picked in the top 20. A break-out point gaurd who doesn't wanna be their anymore because he doesn't want to share minutes with Ford and will sign with another team this off-season. The best three point shooter WHO YOU BARELY USE and are paying over 5 million dollars for, it's not like you don't have enough 3-point shooters anyway and it's not like Marion's a bad one. And a solid role player in Delfino who made comments that he seriously is thinking of just playing overseas. And as for the 76er's, it's not like you have to start Davis over Philly's gaurds. He doesn't mind coming off the bench and he provides much needed outside shooting, he is flat-out a scorer, and a decent defender. And Haslem almost matches Dalembert. So A player that matches Dalembert plus another 15 ppg from Davis and much needed element to their team in 3-point shooting screws them over? Plus, their drafting a center in McGee who is a good prospect and a good defender already. So it's not like their losing anything, they're only gaining.

[)-Wa[)3
Benchwarmer

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2008, 12:25:37 am »

Your point at Bargnani being a 1st overall pick? He shouldn't of been picked in the top 20. A break-out point gaurd who doesn't wanna be their anymore because he doesn't want to share minutes with Ford and will sign with another team this off-season. The best three point shooter WHO YOU BARELY USE and are paying over 5 million dollars for, it's not like you don't have enough 3-point shooters anyway and it's not like Marion's a bad one. And a solid role player in Delfino who made comments that he seriously is thinking of just playing overseas. And as for the 76er's, it's not like you have to start Davis over Philly's gaurds. He doesn't mind coming off the bench and he provides much needed outside shooting, he is flat-out a scorer, and a decent defender. And Haslem almost matches Dalembert. You also act like Haslem isn't young. Haslem is young and is a great, hardworking PF that provides Philly with a lot of help on the boards, especially the offensive boards. So A player that matches Dalembert plus another 15 ppg from Davis and much needed element to their team in 3-point shooting screws them over? Plus, their drafting a center in McGee who is a good prospect and a good defender already. So it's not like their losing anything, they're only gaining.

[)-Wa[)3
Benchwarmer

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2008, 12:28:36 am »

I don't understand some people in what they feel is a player's worth. Who do you think Calderon is worth? Marion is more than what you should get for him and the other players were basically filler. Marion fits the Raptors perfectly and gets them over the hump. Their stuck as a 40+ win team, and with an all-star in Marion they should win 50+ games next season. People are trying to trade Marion for Melo and you're complaining about a bust, some barely used players, and a PG who will be gone unless you trade him.

lspank
Journeyman

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2008, 12:51:07 am »

fair enough bargs was a stretch at number 1 , i dont have a clue why he went there, i guess it was due to dirk getting mvp so a 7 foter who could shoot looked the goods. i still think he should be given some time and i dont think a team will admit defeat on a 1st pick bust that quickly

calderon ripped it up when given the minutes this season and even though he said that he wants to start or else, i think its more likely that the other teams would stretch a bit to get him because having a gem of a pg is all the rage at the moment (dwill cp). hes not that level but he is a really good starting pg

i totally agree that marion would be good in toronto.

i dont know why philli would trade dalembert after he has established himself as a reliable, decent starting centre in order to take a gamble on drafting a rookie C and trying to develop him back to dalemberts position. its a lot easier to get a proper pf (which philli needs) as aposed to a proper c. its the philli trade that i dont agree on the most
[)-Wa[)3
Benchwarmer

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2008, 12:57:32 am »

fair enough bargs was a stretch at number 1 , i dont have a clue why he went there, i guess it was due to dirk getting mvp so a 7 foter who could shoot looked the goods. i still think he should be given some time and i dont think a team will admit defeat on a 1st pick bust that quickly

calderon ripped it up when given the minutes this season and even though he said that he wants to start or else, i think its more likely that the other teams would stretch a bit to get him because having a gem of a pg is all the rage at the moment (dwill cp). hes not that level but he is a really good starting pg

i totally agree that marion would be good in toronto.

i dont know why philli would trade dalembert after he has established himself as a reliable, decent starting centre in order to take a gamble on drafting a rookie C and trying to develop him back to dalemberts position. its a lot easier to get a proper pf (which philli needs) as aposed to a proper c. its the philli trade that i dont agree on the most

The fact is, Philly doesn't have the players to trade for a a PF better than Haslem. True, Dalembert is an up-and-coming Center, but he isn't an all-star and isn't near that level. He's a very good defender and a decent scorer aka Haslem. So their not losing any production trading him for Haslem, They are drafting C McGee who could become one of the best C's in the league. Take a look at this report from mynbadraft. com ( http://www.mynbadraft.com/NBA-Draft-Profiles-2008/JaVale-McGee ) Read about him and you'll surely change your mind. They lose a good center in Dalembert and gain a good PF a good SG and, possibly, a franchise changing center.

lspank
Journeyman

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2008, 01:34:45 am »

i nearly ate my words untill i saw that the review was written by a fan! lol
i'll agree with you that the kid could be very good some day, but if he has as much potential as written here then surely someone else will snap him up. still nbadraft.net has him going in top 14 so he could possibly fall..
and also an established vet is a proven comodity where as potential is just that... potential
i'll give props that its tighter than i frst thought but its still definately low risk for miami compared to high risk for raps and philly so i cant see it getting done
STAT City
a.k.a. Boozy & Ice-O
MVP

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2008, 06:34:28 am »

WOW!!!! toronto gets nothing in return. no way would i agree with this trade.

Kapono, Delfino, Bargs n Calderon for Marion? no fukin way. how could u come up with something so unfair

B-ball fan 11
MVP

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2008, 11:28:46 am »

Quote from: "atong518"

All right for Tornoto, since they have Ford, so a Calderon-Marion swtich works for them, espicially since Ford is younger.

Philly would need some kind of way to replace Dalmbert.
tong
MVP

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2008, 11:44:39 am »

yes, but the raps give up far more than just calderon, and don't get replacements for their players.

philly doesnt trade a center for a pf... no way.

this was obviously made by a heat fan.

Ballfreakā„¢
a.k.a. Junkyard Dog
MVP

Toronto, Ontario.

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2008, 01:48:15 pm »

Quote from: "JR Smith"
WOW!!!! toronto gets nothing in return. now way would i agree with this trade.

Kapono, Delfino, Bargs n Calderon for Marion? no fukin way. how could u come up with something so unfair

Tell me about it. :roll:

Click Here for My GM Game Roster!

Payton-Kemp, #SeattleSuperSonics
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Jump to: